Accelera Alpha

Show all: Accelera tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Accelera Alpha is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 106 tyre reviews averaging 58% over 977,745 miles driven.

Accelera Alpha

72%

59%

53%

Accelera Alpha Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Vios (185-60-15-V)
This is my 2nd review on this tyre. I bought this brand as a replacement for Bridgestone Potenza which is the stock tyres for Toyota Vios. I think it really does perform well and the grip is quite good on dry road. Of course you would expect the tyres to perform less efficient on a wet road but it seems alright to me. Who would speed up to 200km/h on a wet road? Thats just crazy. One thing that needs to be noted that it has road noise which is to be expected from the design of the tyre threads. But using this tyre on a hot and wet climate in Southeast Asia, this tyre performs really well. Greetings from Brunei!
tyre reviewed on July 4, 2015
Given 48% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 323i (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 250 spirited miles
Bought my E36 BMW with these fitted all round, horrendous in the wet (car almost undrivable) but adequate in the dry. Looking to change these quickly after a fairly heart-stopping (and expensive) moment cruising at 50MPH on a damp road and the car deciding to steering from the back with no warning.

tyre reviewed on June 15, 2015
Looking to buy the Accelera Alpha? Click here to search for the best price for the Accelera Alpha or any other tyre.

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Acura 4 dr integra ls/vtec (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,000 spirited miles
I currently have these tires 195/50 r15 and I must say the grip is great when the road is hot but cold or wet pretty bad and the tire is kinda hard so it has rough ride .. But overall I would say the wear and grip as far as sunny California driving is concerned I'd say there great but a rainy state probly not . dueces
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2015
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta XR4 (ST) (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
These tyres perform well in dry conditions. They offer predictable grip and progressive feedback. In my case, this usually results in boiled powersteering fluid. Te he he he.

But in the wet.. Well, they are alarmingly rubbish. Around town they will understeer everywhere. The abs and stability control will flash like christmas lights. You need to be aware of their limits in the wet and drive accordingly, i.e. very cautiously.

They are cheap tyres that offer good dry performance. No point comparing them to something twice as expensive.

tyre reviewed on March 31, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza (205-50-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I had been offered these tyres at a very attractive price, thought I would take a punt and give them a go. MOT due the following month and 2 tyres on the limit, or there baouts so had 4 of the Alphas put on, Looked the part. purchased then shortly after came accross all these negative reviews. Panicked slightly as my Impreza is a shining example and didnt want it finding a ditch. I had previously had Toyo Proxes T1R which have been incredible. These Alphas have now had 3 weeks run in and have tried all types of road conditions and cannot fault them. Granted the vehicle is a AWD so is a bit more forgiving on lose of grip but I would certainly consider buying them again. yet to comment on the wear rate on them.
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 323 F lantis (BA) 1.5 (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
do not use your car in the wet or dry would catch the bus first
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type Estate 2.5 Auto (225-45-17-V)
My last car an X type AWD 3.0 saloon came with one of these tyres fitted that was brand new, less than a week old, the other three were getting close to needing replacement so I decided to change for the same. At less than £50 a tyre fitted and balanced I was sceptical but as I was on a budget the price won it for me. Well they stayed on that car for nearly 2 years and just over 7,000 miles and I have got to say they have done an admirable job in that time. I know that there are better tyres out there but for the money I paid for these they are not to be sniffed at, handling well in all conditions certainly shod on an all wheel drive car.

The saloon suffered a catastrophic gearbox failure at the end of November so I changed to an X type 2.5 AWD estate and have transferred the wheels and tyres to this. They continue to perform well and after 9,000 miles of varied driving conditions they still have 5.5mm left on all four tyres.

Not the best of tyres but by no means the worst on the market- I would definitely buy again.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Ford model titanium X sport 2012 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 24,000 average miles
Ecclera tyres were already fitted to my mondeo. 2 ltr titanium sport ( 235/zr19/40, 9zr XL) I have just replaced the 2 front tyres after 24000 motor way miles without any problems. Considering they are 1/2 the price of premium quality, I'm quite happy.
tyre reviewed on December 15, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Colt (205-45-16-W)
Ok grip in the dry but a mere wiff of moisture and they go looking for ditches to throw you into. My car came with them when I bought it second hand and the tyres were nearly new. I couldn't get rid even with the lack of wet grip. The last word...........Noisy!!!!
tyre reviewed on November 5, 2014
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Modus 1.5Dci Authentique (185-60-15-)
Inherited these tyres(on rear only)in good condition. All was well until rain and at first roundabout, loss of control at 15-20mph, was then cautious in similar conditions including light bends on open roads. Decided that with the approach of winter needed trusted contact and bought Dunlop sportblu Response - astonishing improvement.Dealer had fitted Uniglory Evolution to fronts and these seem good in dry or wet.
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: