Accelera Alpha

Show all: Accelera tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Accelera Alpha is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 99 tyre reviews averaging 57% over 936,495 miles driven.

Accelera Alpha

71%

59%

52%

Accelera Alpha Reviews

Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Ford model titanium X sport 2012 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 24,000 average miles
Ecclera tyres were already fitted to my mondeo. 2 ltr titanium sport ( 235/zr19/40, 9zr XL) I have just replaced the 2 front tyres after 24000 motor way miles without any problems. Considering they are 1/2 the price of premium quality, I'm quite happy.
tyre reviewed on December 15, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Colt (205-45-16-W)
Ok grip in the dry but a mere wiff of moisture and they go looking for ditches to throw you into. My car came with them when I bought it second hand and the tyres were nearly new. I couldn't get rid even with the lack of wet grip. The last word...........Noisy!!!!
tyre reviewed on November 5, 2014
Looking to buy the Accelera Alpha? Click here to search for the best price for the Accelera Alpha or any other tyre.

Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Modus 1.5Dci Authentique (185-60-15-)
Inherited these tyres(on rear only)in good condition. All was well until rain and at first roundabout, loss of control at 15-20mph, was then cautious in similar conditions including light bends on open roads. Decided that with the approach of winter needed trusted contact and bought Dunlop sportblu Response - astonishing improvement.Dealer had fitted Uniglory Evolution to fronts and these seem good in dry or wet.
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Touring (225-45-17-)
I bought an 8 year-old BMW 320i Touring with these tyres on. I'd not heard of them (they were not on TyreReviews then either), but assumed they were budget given the age of the car. I took it easy at first on that account but found they were OK. I don't hang around but don't go mad either and they did not give me any scary moments in wet or dry.
I note that some of the neg comments here have the Alphas on only one axle. That is always a disaster. I made that mistake only once, replacing 2 of 4 Goodyears with Michelins. Both good makes but the combination turned a steady-handling car into a twitchy, nervous (nearly wreck!) I threw the Miches away.
The Alphas were part worn when I got them but I did 15,000 before replacing them. I chose Falken Ziex 912s; they were OK but revealed by comparison that the Alphas had very good straight-line stability - like being on rails. This may be due in part to their directional design.
tyre reviewed on October 25, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler voyager (215-65-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Discovered Accelera tyres around 5 years ago & fitted them to my Chrysler Grand Voyager, I bought them on price but was amazed when conducting an emergency manouvre on a dual carriageway how much grip they had compared to the Pirelli Scorpions which had been on the voyager previously, similarly when I bought a nearly new Voyager the wet grip on the standard fit tyres (brand name evades me) was very poor in comparison to the Accelera. I fit a new set on the front most years before going skiing and have been amazed how they work in snow, last year locals in Lagunas were scrabbling for grip and the Voyager on New Accelera tyres didnt spin a wheel! I was amazed.
tyre reviewed on October 21, 2014
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XJ8 (225-60-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Absolutely awful tyres! Only fitted because I am going to sell the car shortly but I would not want to sell it kbowing how bad these are. They are unsafe and totally impossible to get balanced, they have now been done 3 times and still send vibrations through the car between 50 and 67 mph. Changed them to the rear and you can still feel the vibrations through the car. NO grip and very poor control. What a waste of money- going to dig deeper and fit Hankook or Dunlops again all for the benefit of sleeping at night knowing the next owner will have a safe car.
tyre reviewed on September 29, 2014
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Dodge ram 1500 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I've never burned through a set of tires so quickly. I put less than 8000 miles on these tires and already I need to replace them. The tread gauge is in the ed. Don't waste your money on these.
tyre reviewed on September 9, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 Classic Sedan (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
Worst set of tyres I had ever used, probably made worse by my rear wheel drive car. Has no grip at all on the road on wet or cold roads. Had too many scary moments to ever use this tyres again. Just got rid of them after less than 3000 miles on them. The only words I would use for this tyres.. Never Again!!!
tyre reviewed on July 30, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Espace MKIV DCI (225-55-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
An excellent tyre, especially for the price. I bought my first set based on a review in a motoring journal, which compared it with a number of others, and I also found that they felt just the same and performed just as well as most big-name brands. I was then palmed off with another budget tyre (Rockstone) which my garage assured me were just as good. At first they seemed ok, but first time in the wet they were positively scary! This makes you question the published ratings, since for 'wet grip' the Accelera is only rated 'E' whilst the Rockstone is rated 'C'. This is utter nonsense! So I am back with the Accelera Alpha, and they feel so much better, I won't fit any other tyre as long as they are available.
tyre reviewed on July 24, 2014
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 323 (225-45-17-)
Poor in the dry and dangerous in the wet avoid
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: