Accelera Alpha

Show all: Accelera tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Accelera Alpha is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 91 tyre reviews averaging 58% over 859,995 miles driven.

Accelera Alpha

72%

60%

54%

Accelera Alpha Reviews

Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Espace MKIV DCI (225-55-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
An excellent tyre, especially for the price. I bought my first set based on a review in a motoring journal, which compared it with a number of others, and I also found that they felt just the same and performed just as well as most big-name brands. I was then palmed off with another budget tyre (Rockstone) which my garage assured me were just as good. At first they seemed ok, but first time in the wet they were positively scary! This makes you question the published ratings, since for 'wet grip' the Accelera is only rated 'E' whilst the Rockstone is rated 'C'. This is utter nonsense! So I am back with the Accelera Alpha, and they feel so much better, I won't fit any other tyre as long as they are available.
tyre reviewed on July 24, 2014
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 323 (225-45-17-)
Poor in the dry and dangerous in the wet avoid
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014
Looking to buy the Accelera Alpha? Click here to search for the best price for the Accelera Alpha or any other tyre.

Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (255-55-16-V)
I'm only writing this review to comment on the wet grip of this tyre which is awful at best and better described as dangerous. These tyres make a city roundabout a risky business and I dread to think what might happen on a country road...you need an extra lane to deal with the understeer. I won't be hanging around to find out though as I'm changing them ASAP and have no hesitation in spending the money required to do so. They came on the front of a 2nd hand skoda octavia and appear to have been fitted recently (look new, plenty of tread). My life is worth more to me than the cost of replacing them.
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0tdi Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I brought tyres as cash was tight and was doing mostly motorway miles after a couple of months I was regretting my decision. these tyres were the worst I have ever experienced. In the wet they have very little or no grip road noise is excessive and the wear of these tyres is very poor.
I returned my car to Bathwick for there reaction to the poor wear/scalloping to inside edge to both rears only to be told I would have to buy more tyres and they would send my tyres for tests to check construction quality.
I would advise anyone who is considering buying these tyres to avoid them and dig a little deeper. these tyres are well worth avoiding
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat 500 Abarth (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Bought a 500 abarth had these three fitted on the rear
The back end has no grip what so ever can't believe last owner fitted them
The back end is twitchy and wants to over take the front on bends very dangerous bit of so called rubber
AVOIDE IF YOU WISH TO LIVE
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (195-50-15-R)
I bought the car on a warm dry day with Accelera Alphas at the front and BF Goodrich on the rear. A Ford Puma's handling is legendary and these tyres seemed to do the job then... I took it out a wet day (it's a hobby car and I don't usually do this) I nearly killed myself at the first bend. I wasn't going fast but the tyres simply failed to grip. There was massive understeer and I found myself on the wrong side of the road: fortunately there was nobody around.

After I had recovered myself, I tried a quick start: the things skidded like mad and the car shot off in zigzags.

Oh, they wear fairly well and are quiet, so if this is your priority and you don't mind dying early in a wet ditch or on the bumper of a lorry, these are for you.
tyre reviewed on June 15, 2014
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (215-55-16-V)
Worst tyre ever in my view. Got them on my vectra hatch 1.8vvt when i bought the car and run them for about 3 months befour getting goodyear efficent grip fitted. Ok thease tyres give good milage compared to some and grip ok in the dry but are noisey however in wet, they are dangerous. most tyres perform a bit less in wet than dry, thease just dont even perform, they are as above: dangerous. on streight roads the back end is all over the place, when cornering front or back starts to slip and slide, as another reviewer said, feels like driving on ice, to be honest id probably get better grip with summer tyres on ice than thease grip in rain. Please take note and pay more for a much safter tyre.
tyre reviewed on May 25, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318is (205-50-15-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
For the budget range of tyres I personally think that the Accelera Alpa tyres are at the top end of the budget selection. They are excellent in the dry and grip very well onto the tarmac. Driving in and around London and on long motorway journeys are not a problem. They are both comfortable and do not make much noise at high speeds. In the wet they are however not as good as they are in the dry but then that's with most tyres. They grip fairly well and are acceptable when driving in wet conditions. They have a great thread design which allows it to grip excellent in dry conditions and as for wet conditions I would put a percentage of 60%.

Great tyre selection for the price and providing you drive sensibly you will most definitely get your moneys worth and more. They will last many miles and provide you with a acceptable driving experience. I have these tyres on both cars being the BMW E46 325I and the classic BMW E30. They work well on both cars. I strongly recommend them to those of you on a budget to get these tyres. I think in due time they will become a Mid Range tyre if they continue to with this level of quality.

Mr Singh.
tyre reviewed on May 6, 2014
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
We have these tyres on a 2L hdi diesel Berlingo we use as our runabout. Bought from Bathwick. They are astonishingl√Ĺ good value, they wear well. I am a spirited driver capable of testing tyres. I have pushed these to the limit on clear roads and wet corners. No aquaplaning either.
I have concluded that some of the adverse comments are planted stories from the expensive end of the tyre trade. At the price they are I can afford to change them a little earlier.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2014
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Skoda Superb MK1 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 11 average miles
Okay in the dry, but then that's not asking much.
Awful in the dry, spins the wheels aquaplanes.
They came on the car and certainly wouldn't have been and won't be my choice.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: