Accelera Alpha

Show all: Accelera tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Accelera Alpha is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 95 tyre reviews averaging 57% over 891,495 miles driven.

Accelera Alpha

71%

59%

53%

Accelera Alpha Reviews

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler voyager (215-65-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Discovered Accelera tyres around 5 years ago & fitted them to my Chrysler Grand Voyager, I bought them on price but was amazed when conducting an emergency manouvre on a dual carriageway how much grip they had compared to the Pirelli Scorpions which had been on the voyager previously, similarly when I bought a nearly new Voyager the wet grip on the standard fit tyres (brand name evades me) was very poor in comparison to the Accelera. I fit a new set on the front most years before going skiing and have been amazed how they work in snow, last year locals in Lagunas were scrabbling for grip and the Voyager on New Accelera tyres didnt spin a wheel! I was amazed.
tyre reviewed on October 21, 2014
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XJ8 (225-60-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Absolutely awful tyres! Only fitted because I am going to sell the car shortly but I would not want to sell it kbowing how bad these are. They are unsafe and totally impossible to get balanced, they have now been done 3 times and still send vibrations through the car between 50 and 67 mph. Changed them to the rear and you can still feel the vibrations through the car. NO grip and very poor control. What a waste of money- going to dig deeper and fit Hankook or Dunlops again all for the benefit of sleeping at night knowing the next owner will have a safe car.
tyre reviewed on September 29, 2014
Looking to buy the Accelera Alpha? Click here to search for the best price for the Accelera Alpha or any other tyre.

Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Dodge ram 1500 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I've never burned through a set of tires so quickly. I put less than 8000 miles on these tires and already I need to replace them. The tread gauge is in the ed. Don't waste your money on these.
tyre reviewed on September 9, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 Classic Sedan (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
Worst set of tyres I had ever used, probably made worse by my rear wheel drive car. Has no grip at all on the road on wet or cold roads. Had too many scary moments to ever use this tyres again. Just got rid of them after less than 3000 miles on them. The only words I would use for this tyres.. Never Again!!!
tyre reviewed on July 30, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Espace MKIV DCI (225-55-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
An excellent tyre, especially for the price. I bought my first set based on a review in a motoring journal, which compared it with a number of others, and I also found that they felt just the same and performed just as well as most big-name brands. I was then palmed off with another budget tyre (Rockstone) which my garage assured me were just as good. At first they seemed ok, but first time in the wet they were positively scary! This makes you question the published ratings, since for 'wet grip' the Accelera is only rated 'E' whilst the Rockstone is rated 'C'. This is utter nonsense! So I am back with the Accelera Alpha, and they feel so much better, I won't fit any other tyre as long as they are available.
tyre reviewed on July 24, 2014
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 323 (225-45-17-)
Poor in the dry and dangerous in the wet avoid
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (255-55-16-V)
I'm only writing this review to comment on the wet grip of this tyre which is awful at best and better described as dangerous. These tyres make a city roundabout a risky business and I dread to think what might happen on a country road...you need an extra lane to deal with the understeer. I won't be hanging around to find out though as I'm changing them ASAP and have no hesitation in spending the money required to do so. They came on the front of a 2nd hand skoda octavia and appear to have been fitted recently (look new, plenty of tread). My life is worth more to me than the cost of replacing them.
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0tdi Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I brought tyres as cash was tight and was doing mostly motorway miles after a couple of months I was regretting my decision. these tyres were the worst I have ever experienced. In the wet they have very little or no grip road noise is excessive and the wear of these tyres is very poor.
I returned my car to Bathwick for there reaction to the poor wear/scalloping to inside edge to both rears only to be told I would have to buy more tyres and they would send my tyres for tests to check construction quality.
I would advise anyone who is considering buying these tyres to avoid them and dig a little deeper. these tyres are well worth avoiding
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat 500 Abarth (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Bought a 500 abarth had these three fitted on the rear
The back end has no grip what so ever can't believe last owner fitted them
The back end is twitchy and wants to over take the front on bends very dangerous bit of so called rubber
AVOIDE IF YOU WISH TO LIVE
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (195-50-15-R)
I bought the car on a warm dry day with Accelera Alphas at the front and BF Goodrich on the rear. A Ford Puma's handling is legendary and these tyres seemed to do the job then... I took it out a wet day (it's a hobby car and I don't usually do this) I nearly killed myself at the first bend. I wasn't going fast but the tyres simply failed to grip. There was massive understeer and I found myself on the wrong side of the road: fortunately there was nobody around.

After I had recovered myself, I tried a quick start: the things skidded like mad and the car shot off in zigzags.

Oh, they wear fairly well and are quiet, so if this is your priority and you don't mind dying early in a wet ditch or on the bumper of a lorry, these are for you.
tyre reviewed on June 15, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: