Accelera Alpha

Progressiveness 51%
Accelera Alpha

The Accelera Alpha is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 110 tyre reviews averaging 57% over 1,019,545 miles driven.

Sorry, the Accelera Alpha hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet

195/65 R15 £32.20 - £33.00 (2 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/55 R16 £30.00 - £30.00 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £36.00 - £36.00 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>

Accelera Alpha Reviews

Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 6R GTI 1.4TSI (180HP) (205-35-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 800 easy going miles
worst tyres ever by far

never will i ever buy the tyres again - please feel free to mail me to send you a mail - tyres aint even a year old - what a waste of my money... i need the official website to lof a complaint for the tyres - - -
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2016
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo GTI (205-40-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
the worst tyres ever bought - - - rubbisgh as hell - - - i have pics to proof how poorly made this tyres are and it's not only one of them but i fitted 4 new tyres not wven a year ago and they all wasted - - -
tyre reviewed on February 1, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Dry surface tyre grip is mostly dependent on the rubber compound i.e. harder: less grip, longer life, softer: more grip, less life. Wet weather tyre performance is dependent on the rubber compound and the water dispersion grooves in the tyres. I'm not sure if the tyre brand has an impact on given performance of a particular type of tyre. Reviews can be subjective. Data such as G-loadings, road surface temperatures, road surface deposits, surface texture, tyre pressures, tyre temperatures, rubber compound, tyre profile, water dispersion grooves, tyres sizes, vehicle weight, steering geometry, vehicle downforce, suspension settings etc. My main question would be is there data available on the rubber chemical composition of each tyre and a detailed breakdown of the tyre's internal structure?
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (235-40-18-W)
I have used these tyres on my previous E-Class Mercedes and more recently on my Volvo S60. They are a fantastic tyre in my opinion at around 35% of the cost of equivalent Continentals I had fitted before (on both vehicles). Wear is better and they are also quieter. Wet grip is fine and I am about to have another set fitted by my local supplier at £57.60 each fully fitted. No brainer!!
tyre reviewed on September 18, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Vios (185-60-15-V)
This is my 2nd review on this tyre. I bought this brand as a replacement for Bridgestone Potenza which is the stock tyres for Toyota Vios. I think it really does perform well and the grip is quite good on dry road. Of course you would expect the tyres to perform less efficient on a wet road but it seems alright to me. Who would speed up to 200km/h on a wet road? Thats just crazy. One thing that needs to be noted that it has road noise which is to be expected from the design of the tyre threads. But using this tyre on a hot and wet climate in Southeast Asia, this tyre performs really well. Greetings from Brunei!
tyre reviewed on July 4, 2015
Given 48% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 323i (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 250 spirited miles
Bought my E36 BMW with these fitted all round, horrendous in the wet (car almost undrivable) but adequate in the dry. Looking to change these quickly after a fairly heart-stopping (and expensive) moment cruising at 50MPH on a damp road and the car deciding to steering from the back with no warning.

tyre reviewed on June 15, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Acura 4 dr integra ls/vtec (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,000 spirited miles
I currently have these tires 195/50 r15 and I must say the grip is great when the road is hot but cold or wet pretty bad and the tire is kinda hard so it has rough ride .. But overall I would say the wear and grip as far as sunny California driving is concerned I'd say there great but a rainy state probly not . dueces
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2015
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta XR4 (ST) (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
These tyres perform well in dry conditions. They offer predictable grip and progressive feedback. In my case, this usually results in boiled powersteering fluid. Te he he he.

But in the wet.. Well, they are alarmingly rubbish. Around town they will understeer everywhere. The abs and stability control will flash like christmas lights. You need to be aware of their limits in the wet and drive accordingly, i.e. very cautiously.

They are cheap tyres that offer good dry performance. No point comparing them to something twice as expensive.

tyre reviewed on March 31, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza (205-50-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I had been offered these tyres at a very attractive price, thought I would take a punt and give them a go. MOT due the following month and 2 tyres on the limit, or there baouts so had 4 of the Alphas put on, Looked the part. purchased then shortly after came accross all these negative reviews. Panicked slightly as my Impreza is a shining example and didnt want it finding a ditch. I had previously had Toyo Proxes T1R which have been incredible. These Alphas have now had 3 weeks run in and have tried all types of road conditions and cannot fault them. Granted the vehicle is a AWD so is a bit more forgiving on lose of grip but I would certainly consider buying them again. yet to comment on the wear rate on them.
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 323 F lantis (BA) 1.5 (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
do not use your car in the wet or dry would catch the bus first
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2015