Accelera Alpha

Show all: Accelera tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Accelera Alpha is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 83 tyre reviews averaging 59% over 818,955 miles driven.

Accelera Alpha

72%

60%

55%

Accelera Alpha Reviews

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
We have these tyres on a 2L hdi diesel Berlingo we use as our runabout. Bought from Bathwick. They are astonishingl√Ĺ good value, they wear well. I am a spirited driver capable of testing tyres. I have pushed these to the limit on clear roads and wet corners. No aquaplaning either.
I have concluded that some of the adverse comments are planted stories from the expensive end of the tyre trade. At the price they are I can afford to change them a little earlier.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2014
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Skoda Superb MK1 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 11 average miles
Okay in the dry, but then that's not asking much.
Awful in the dry, spins the wheels aquaplanes.
They came on the car and certainly wouldn't have been and won't be my choice.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014
Looking to buy the Accelera Alpha? Click here to search for the best price for the Accelera Alpha or any other tyre.

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (195-50-15-V)
Fitted a pair of these onto the front of my Fiesta, replacing worn Conti's.

They're not at all bad; grip well in the dry but braking in the wet is no-where near as instant as with the Conti's and I have my doubts about stopping in time if I ever had to do an emergency stop in the wet from speed.

They do give quite a firm feel, and are pretty noisy. Not the kindest on fuel consumption either.

Unless you're a speed demon and hammer the guts out of your car, these are perfectly adequate tyres for day-to-day use.

tyre reviewed on February 11, 2014
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 807 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
BATHWICK TYRES WARNING: Urgent warning to you all, please pass this on to as many of your friends as you can!! Please DO NOT BUY ALPHA ACCELERA tyres imported and supplied by Bathwick Tyres, we have had terrible problems with then since we fitted 4, the car will not stay on the road, feels like you are driving on ice!! We almost had an accident with our new caravan because of these tyres and normally driving especially on roundabouts causes the car to slide all over the place. I have now checked the reviews on these tyres and they are considered DEATH TRAPS, Bathwick refuse to replace them or give our money back! See some of the reviews, I will admit some are ok, but most have had the same problems we have had, the most annoying thing is I was going to fit Pirelli but they talked me into buying their cheap imported RUBBISH!!!
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS (215-45-17-)
Not a single problem, very good value tyres. If you need tyres for a combination of roads i find them excellent for the purpose. So if you are looking soft ones hese are not for you but if you are looking an all around budget tyre that is the best fit!
tyre reviewed on December 1, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255-40-19-W)
Best value tyres on the market . I have them on an Audi Allroad and would recommend them to anyone . Anyone that says they are dangerous is talking rubbish . I own a Bosch car service center and we recommend and sell 1000 s of them ever year and we have never had a single compliant.
tyre reviewed on November 18, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Skyline V35 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
These are lethal. Had these fitted as a stop gap due to an MOT failure for inside wear on 2 tyres front and back and didn't have funds for decent replacements. My car is rear wheel drive and I fell off the road a number of times in wet conditions at moderate speed, mostly around roundabouts, accelerating out of junctions on turns etc. It is like driving in snow. They were constantly losing pressure from day one. Took to garage who demonstrated in water tank air leakage from seal on the inside on all 4. Not only that but damaged the rims on all 4 wheels as well. I learnt the hard way and these tyres cost me £2000 as I had to replace wheels and tyres. Now using Avon ZZ3 which are excellent.
tyre reviewed on November 8, 2013
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus SC300 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
I bought a set of 235 35 19, and these tires are a danger. With only months of use, I had one go flat on the freeway, and the whole sidewall came apart. From the moment I put them on they made the car vibrate at pretty much any speed, and the road noise is a nuisance. They also made me think I needed a wheel alignment even though I had just had one done. I took the car in and had it aligned again, but still same issues. I took them off and put on a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4, AND ALL THE PROBLEMS DISAPPEARED! No vibration no road noise, no alignment needed. These tires are unsafe for any use. If you put them on your car, you need to pray every time you get in it. Not worth it just to save a few bucks.
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2013
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.9 Tdi (205-40-17-)
On damp or wet roads these tyres even when new dont grip very well in these conditions.dont try anything spirited with these or could end up one!
tyre reviewed on September 24, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225-45-17-)
Have used Falken 452's in the past but needed some tyres quickly and the garage had my size in stock so thought worth a try at the price.
Read many differing reviews when I got home so thought I'd better put them through there paces to see just how much grip I got in the wet & they didn't do anything unexpected in the first few days.
Having had them on the car for 9 months now I can honestly say that they perform just as well as the 452's. I don't drive on the limit on the road as I get my kicks racing Rotax karts so if you've got a high performance car and do drive to extremes on the road I'd go with a much grippier tyre, but for normal use these work well
tyre reviewed on September 9, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!