Accelera Iota

Show all: Accelera tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Accelera Iota is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 61% over 307,300 miles driven.

Accelera Iota

Accelera Iota Reviews

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X6 M (315-35-20-W)
Had them on as replacement for my Continental Run flats; a fraction of the price.That was one of main consideration for change, cost and harsh ride.
No regrets and best of all, my X6 is lees bumpier and ride comfort amazingly uncompromised.
And no electronic warnings.....
Just hoping...no punctures.
tyre reviewed on November 16, 2015
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus RX400 (235-55-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
Dry grip is ok, terrible in the wet, even warm and damp conditions resemble driving in frosty conditions such is the poor grip. Very noisy on the motorway too. I bought my used car with 4 of these newly put on it, I will change them shortly before winter weather sets in as I have very little confidence in them giving any sort of capability in snow or ice.
tyre reviewed on October 30, 2015
Looking to buy the Accelera Iota? Click here to search for the best price for the Accelera Iota or any other tyre.
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 (163bhp) (235-30-18-W)
Had these on all four corners of my Volvo XC90 for 6 years so gone few a few sets. These have been great. They are a tad noisier than the scorpions but I can't hunk per £ they are much better. I've used General Grabbers and in my opinion the Accellera iota are better. I had 5 new tyres fitted for £72 each corner. Bargain. As for the chap who said that he replied these after a week... You must have more money than sense!
These are great tyres on the Volvo.
tyre reviewed on October 25, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz ML350 (265-45-20-W)
Driving on mostly town for 300 average miles

Do yourself a favor and dont buy this terrible tires, Replaced my worn OE Pirelli Scorpios with these to save same cash, worst decision ever made, as soon as I left the tire center I knew I made a huge mistake, these are the noisiest tires Id ever had and the ride was bone jarring and they screamed when taking a slow turn, it ruined my ML350, ugh, dumped them a week later and installed Contisupercontact 2, what a difference! I am no tire snob but my ML rode much worse than my son's lifted pick up with 35 MT tires, this is no joke. Never again Accelera.
tyre reviewed on October 9, 2015
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (235-60-18-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
Cheap to buy. Poor wet tracking. Only managed to get 15,000 miles from a set of 4 fitted to my Freelander 2. Not driven hard. False economy buying these tyres, as they didn't last very long, disappointing wet performance.
Wouldn't buy again.
tyre reviewed on July 31, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi Q7 (295-35-21-)
Driving both city and country roads in Australia, I have pushed these tyres to my driving limits and absolutely love them. Feel totally safe in dry and wet weather. Will definitely buy them again.
tyre reviewed on January 23, 2015
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo (285-35-22-)
I wanted to try some 22's on my Cayenne Turbo. I didn't want to invest too much into this trial test run and found these tires at onlinetires.com. So far the dry and wet grip on a ~500HP/+500ftlbs Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo. Use these when I have my 22's on. We are heading into the winter now and still have my 22's on. Grip has been good and no issues. Dry and wet grip has been fantastic. Can't comment on tread wear yet but so far so good even tread no issues. Ride is no different then my stock 255/55-18's with new Yoko's. The lower sidewall height definitely helps in the corning.

I'm not sure about the guy with the VW touareg but no issues with vibration etc. I think they just need to have their touareg serviced and repaired. Sounds like they have some suspension issues. My Cayenne Turbo is riding great with these 285/35-22 Accerla tires.
tyre reviewed on December 4, 2014
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Toureg R Line V8 Diesel (295-30-21-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Absolutely ATROCIOUS! Put a set of 295's VW Torueg R-Line as we could not get ANY other tyre for it (ridiculous rim / tyre size by VW...... again).

These Accelera tyres vibrate the living daylights out of the steering wheel, our hands literally tingle after ten minutes of driving, they pull to the left even after three x four wheel alignments and its like driving on cobble stones all the time only you are actually on a smooth highway!.

Multiple wheel and tyre balances and the tyre guy actually apologised that the tyres were basically "such crap"! His words! He's now trying to find us another tyre..... In a 21" rim..... Stupid size that virtually no-one makes a tyre for!

Never again for Accelera or a VW!
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2014
Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda CX7 (235-60-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
I put these tires on my Mazda and what a mistake. They catch a groove in the road and vibrate the whole front end. On a 200 mile trip I thought the front end was going to come apart because the ride was so rough. When I returned, I had the balance and alignment checked and all checked out fine so it was the tire. Definitely not a match for my car and wont take this chance again.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (235-60-18-V)
I purchased these tyres for my Freelander 2. I was worried about buying this budget brand, but there was no reason for me to be. For the money, they're an excellent tyre. Great dry grip, good wet grip. Wear well. No complaints & would buy again. Covered 10k up to now.
As good as premium brands I have used in the past, for alot less cash.
tyre reviewed on November 20, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: