Accelera Iota

The Accelera Iota is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 35 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 449,210 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Accelera Iota
215/60 R17 100V   C C 74
285/35 R22 106W   C C 74
265/40 R22 106V   C C 74
275/45 R22 112W   C C 74

Questions and Answers for the Accelera Iota

2016-11-24 - I have just put some on my shogun sport TD for the winter. Any idea how they will be in ice and possible light snow?

The Accelera Iota is a summer tyre bias all terrain tyre, and as such will have compromised snow and ice performance.

2017-11-05 - We just had 2 front tyres - accelera 255/50zr19 onto my mercedes ML 350. On looking at them the tread on the left is facing a different direction than on the right hand side.They both say outside on the tyre. I've spoken to the garage that fitted them and they said some tyres are like that now, is this correct?

This is a perfectly normal scenario with asymmetric tyres. As long as the word outside is on the outside they are fitted correctly.

Top Accelera Iota Review

Given 85% while driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo (285/35 R22) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I wanted to try some 22's on my Cayenne Turbo. I didn't want to invest too much into this trial test run and found these tires at onlinetires.com. So far the dry and wet grip on a ~500HP/+500ftlbs Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo. Use these when I have my 22's on. We are heading into the winter now and still have my 22's on. Grip has been good and no issues. Dry and wet grip has been fantastic. Can't comment on tread wear yet but so far so good even tread no issues. Ride is no different then my stock 255/55-18's with new Yoko's. The lower sidewall height definitely helps in the corning.

I'm not sure about the guy with the VW touareg but no issues with vibration etc. I think they just need to have their touareg serviced and repaired. Sounds like they have some suspension issues. My Cayenne Turbo is riding great with these 285/35-22 Accerla tires.
61 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2014

Latest Accelera Iota Reviews

Have you driven on the Accelera Iota tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Iota.

Given 38% while driving a Nissan Terrano II (235/65 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Had these fitted when I bought the car by the previous owner they were ok in the dry bit noisey in the corners but terrible in the wet it was like driving on a ice rink when a 2 tone 4x4 slides side ways on a corner at normal speed it's scary and if you accelerate to quickly the rear end lost grip to easily never tried them in snow thank God and they had 5-6 mm on at the time anyway I changed them for some Goodyear wrangler all terrain and it transformed the car much better in any condition and you had confidence when driving and the Goodyears handled 3-4 inches of snow no problem and I wouldn't recommend these to anyone
4 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Audi Q5 (255/45 R20) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Accelera Iota R20 Iota-1 & Iota- st68
The Iota have 2 different types of tread the Iota-1 and the Iota- st68. http://www.acceleratireusa.com/ made by EPtyres in Indonesia (not china)
I bought a Q5 sline+ with the chunker Iota-1 on it and was surprised at how good & quiet they were for a non premium tyre. No issues with steering, ride and grip. Also they looked good on the car. Only slight negative was fuel economy witch you’d expect with the chunky tread. Unfortunately this vehicle was written off after a stolen car rammed into the side of it at 65mph. I went and brought another Q5 sline+ as I consider this car saved mine & my family’s life.
This one had Michelin lattitudes on it 4-5mm tread. I immediately felt the difference the car felt more prone to movement and absolutely hated white lines causing the car to skate. Ride was pretty good and I know the grip was there but I just wasn’t as confident driving on these tyres. I didn’t like them. I have recently changed the tyres to Iota- st68. Thought id give them ago as I couldn’t easily find the Iota-1. They also have a more normal summer tread for fuel eco. And are amazing cheap compared to the £250 premium per corner.
The Iota- st68 have massively improved the driving on normal roads, no skating on white lines or veering, grip seems good. No real under/over steer. However this is at ride cost. I found this really not much of an issue on normal roads & quite like the feel of the road, but on the motorway there is more shaking on bad road surfaces. The Iota- st68 are defiantly much stiffer on the side wall, maybe this may soften slightly in time to give a better motorway ride. Indecently the rubber on the tyres feels fairly soft & they had a 68db sticker on them and they are quiet to go with that, another reason for buying. Both Iota treads have all season written on them however, looking at the tread pattern I doubt the st68 actually are. The Iota-1 may offer more winter traction. I drove these on wet grass a few times no issues. The ST-68 Braking doesn’t seem as good as the Michelins but maybe that’s expected also im possibly driving faster with more confidence now. There’s also the new tyre breaking in factor where you need to get rid of the mould lubricant. Both my sline Q5 had standard suspension (Code 1BA) rather than sports (1BE) I would suggest the Iota- st68 are too stiff for sports suspension considering I have standard and if you do a lot of motorway driving I would necessarily recommend them at the moment however fuel eco is very good.
All in all for the price the Iota is very good in either pattern depending on requirements. If you want premium then I wouldn’t recommend the old Michelins, but they have just brought out the Lats 3 which don’t have a smooth centre tread so may overcome the issues of its predecessor. I hear Bridgestone’s are too hard, but good year eff-grip are somewhere in the middle so these maybe the best all-round suited Q5 tyre and the’re OEM as well. Hope this has been some help but realise it may be no help at all!!
2 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2018
Given 66% while driving a Audi (295/40 R20 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
Decided to try a cheaper tyre (as had to replace all 4 and am getting tired of shelling out £1k each time). Have tried the Continental and Dunlop and only seem to get 6-8000 miles. Wont know for a while the wear characteristics but wanted to give early feedback. Tyre noise seems similar. Seems to be on par in the dry and almost as good in the wet. One additional benefit seems that the tyres ride a little more comfortable (using the Dunlop and Continental tyres the tracking light would come up on the dashboard briefly when going over speed humps - they dont with the Iota's).
2 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2018
Given 67% while driving a BMW X5 3.0 diesel (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
I am going to be totally honest about these tyres.

IF like me, you have a LARGE HEAVY SUV (BMW X5) and you don't race it on the streets because you are not 19 any more... then these tyres are the BEST you can buy pound for pound! They where fairly well, they dont last so long on my X5 because of the rear camber on the tyres is not adjustable and there for the inner tyre shoulders wear out every two years.

They do the job, they are ROAD tyres, NOT off road. Even still I drove into a car part at the goodwood festival of speed that was soo muddy that they would ONLY let 4X4s park in as other cars got stuck and I was pretty worried with my x5 and its road tyres competing with some Landes and serious 4x4s. I have to say, it wasnt as composed as the Discovery infront of me but... it got the job done. Was pretty proud when I jumped out and they guy in the disco said "I didnt think those things did well off road?" I said well... I was pretty nervous but... I am hear! :D
18 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Porsche cayenne s (285/35 R22) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Very good tyre .
Normal i drive Michelin , Whish is absolute Best tyre in World .
But these tyres comes Very close .
No noice and good comfort

Drive porshe Cayenne hybrid 2016. Very Quit car with air suspension. Original 20" Michelin .

I Was very afraid to try these tyres . But they are Almost as good as Michelin When drive normal in noice and comfort

I try budget tyres before and normal they are TERRIBLE . But these tyres are very good :-)

VERY satisfied