Accelera Iota

Progressiveness 62%
Accelera Iota

The Accelera Iota is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 345,460 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Accelera Iota
215/60 R17 100V   C C 74
265/35 R22 102W   C C 74
285/35 R22 106W   C C 74
265/40 R22 106V   C C 74
275/45 R22 112W   C C 74
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Accelera Iota. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Accelera Iota Reviews

Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo (285/35 R22) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I wanted to try some 22's on my Cayenne Turbo. I didn't want to invest too much into this trial test run and found these tires at onlinetires.com. So far the dry and wet grip on a ~500HP/+500ftlbs Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo. Use these when I have my 22's on. We are heading into the winter now and still have my 22's on. Grip has been good and no issues. Dry and wet grip has been fantastic. Can't comment on tread wear yet but so far so good even tread no issues. Ride is no different then my stock 255/55-18's with new Yoko's. The lower sidewall height definitely helps in the corning.

I'm not sure about the guy with the VW touareg but no issues with vibration etc. I think they just need to have their touareg serviced and repaired. Sounds like they have some suspension issues. My Cayenne Turbo is riding great with these 285/35-22 Accerla tires.
2 | - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Range Rover TD6 (255/50 R20) on mostly motorways for 10 average miles
My wife needed 4 tyres for the RR. We ere thinking if selling it, so just wanted to put something cheap on it to get it sold. Naas tyre dealer suggested these Iota as a cheap but ok tyre for me. We discussed the pros and cons as I didn't want to loose the jeep in a hedge before the new car. To my surprise and after 6 months, these tyres are good. Not too noisy as the rubber is more road going than chunky 4x4. Co oared to the original tyres, these seem very food value and good quality. I would buy again.
2 | - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2016
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Audi Q7 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
When I purchased my Q7 it had these tyres new on the Front and the recommended P-zeros on the back. The original plan was the let the accelera wear down and replace them with the P-zeros. As it turned out the "budget" tyre lasted as long as 2 sets of rear P-zeros and ultimately the car now has a full set of accelera's now. Especially as one p-zero costs as much as all 4 accelera. Performed better than expected, not as good as the Pirelli as of course, but never an issue, only mild losses of grip once on the front, in the wet when they were near replacing. The pirelli's are too soft for a car weighing nearly 3t, these are harder, deeper tread and better suited in my opinion.
Very good the for the money, especially with the size of 295,35,R21. Would defo recommend.

Latest Accelera Iota Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi Q7 (295/35 R21 W) on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
Ignore the silly dangerous do not buy reviews. It's simple physics - these tyres are a harder compound so grip less well than a softer compound which is used by most premium brands. However you get better wear because of this and if they are on a big heavy car or 4x4, they are ideal as they have as much grip as you are ever going to need in wet and dry, even if you are driving like a loon. Soft compound tyres are actually too soft for big heavy cars because they wear out too fast and give far more grip than can ever be utilised (except maybe Tesla's or a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S on a track). I went out in the wet and took my Q7 for a real pounding (as I had read all the doom and gloom reviews and was slightly concerned) and they are faultless, no slide, no skid, no lights on the traction control. Trust me when I say "took the car for a pounding" as I track cars regularly. These tryes are ideal for the big heavy car. Just don't put them on a rear wheel drive M3 and expect them be like a Pirelli - they won't! They might however make drifting a little easier!
1 | - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2016
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors Sorrento xt 3.5 v6 4x4 (225/55 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Amazing value for money does the job well good wear and grip wet and dry if you lose control on these tyres you should be locked up .
0 | - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2016
2 | - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2016
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (295/30 R22) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Purchased these for my Shogun as there is not really any other option for budget 22" tyres. So far had them since November 2015 and done about 1000 miles. The dry is very good, as good as on my other car (bridgestone) and wet grip is very good for the price. Never had any slip or issues with braking, always on point and stops as it should. The MAJOR issue is the road noise...i have never had a tyre make this much noise once you hit 50mph!! I have used some really budget tyres (three-a, kumho etc.) and never had noise come out of a tyre like this. It cannot be 74db as stated it is more like 78db it really is noisy i had one person ask me is that your engine i said no ever since i changed tyres the noise from these tyres is crazy!! I travel once a month on a motorway and even around north circular and it really is noisy, i cant wait for them to wear down and change them!
-2 | - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2016