Altenzo Sports Comforter

The Altenzo Sports Comforter is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 269,718 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Altenzo Sports Comforter
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Altenzo Sports Comforter
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Altenzo Sports Comforter. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Altenzo Sports Comforter Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Holden commodore (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 50,000 average miles
I've been using these tyres in New Zealand. Mild weather, never too cold (not less than 0c) never too hot (not more than 35c).
I have them on a 152KW RWD 1500+KG sedan.
They are averaging 60,000km's per set.
These tyres behave themselves quite nicely on my family car. I can 'set them loose' if I choose to.
However as I'm married with a family I generally don't.
However on the odd occasion I have been known to get aggressive especially with some idiots on New Zealand's roads, these tyres have never let me down.
I'm on my 2nd set & I'll be going back for a 3rd set. So that should explain what I think of them, price for value they are great.
50 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2016

Latest Altenzo Sports Comforter Reviews

Have you driven on the Altenzo Sports Comforter tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sports Comforter.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Euro (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
For the price, I can not think of a better tyre. Just replaced a set after 70000kms and without any hesitation got another.
Highly recommended.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2018
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Honda 2009 (245/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
It is great tire for the price, good all-rounder. Dry grip is excellent. Wet grip is very good as well, maybe only Michelin would be better on wet road from my experience. Wear rate is adequate i would say. And ride comfort is really good. Again, Michelin maybe is a bit better. Really good choice and i will probably buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2018
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530i M sport (275/30 R20 W) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Well first not a tyre I had ever heard of, came as new already fitted to the new alloys so guess was fitted as part of the wheel tyre package.
I don't do budget never have never will but seeing as these were brand new and could not afford to replace at the time I thought I might as well wear them out first. First the plus points for what is a budget brand these are a very quiet tyre with quite low road noise in all driving conditions. I noticed most of the reviews for these appear to come from overseas were the weather is hot, I guess this is why most people give handling the thumbs up. True on a dry sunny day in the UK these tyres for what they are don't feel to bad fairly positive with dry grip and handle ok as long as you don't push to hard.
Wear wise you cannot complain they do last well but unfortunately this is probably the hard compound composition of the tyre which on a hot sunny day warms up nicely to give you dry road holding.
But wait just before you rush out and buy some. Wet handling is all but lethal my poor car has to be driven like it's on egg shells there is no warning when these tyres just lose grip and break free no warning at all, Traction control works overtime. I have had several close calls on wet or mildly moist roads even nearly losing the back end accelerating in a straight line. Wet breaking is terrible with longer stopping distances than I would care for. In the wet you just don't get any feedback apart from a feeling of UN ease and a tyre you cannot trust.
I can't wait to change these soon and be able to drive the car how it should be with a feeling of confidence and handling to match, going back to my Michelin brand asap going for a set of pilot sport 4s
7 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2017
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Verisa 1.5L (205/40 R17) on mostly motorways for 17,000 average miles
Pretty good tires, basically the budget equivelent of Continental brand tyres, handle well and treadwear is was good too. Had them on our little FWD 2005 Mazda Verisa here in New Zealand and in 28000kms & 3yrs later had only worn down 2mm in the front and 1.5mm in the rear.

Bad points, after 28000kms the sidewalls started developing superficial cracks all in a straight line as if someone had taken a razor to it and dragged it in a perfect curve.

Dealer replaced the set under manufactures warranty though as I did not like that so allgood, I was told only the low profile ones in this model had issues with superficial cracking on sidewalls after some time.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2017
Lexus LS430 (245/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 200 average miles
I recently bought a set of 4 of the sports comforter plus summer tire 245 45 R18 for a very cheap price of about $58 each. My first impression about the tire is that it has an above average grip in dry and wet although I also noticed that the tread wasn't as deep as the turanzas I used to own, visually maybe 6 or 7 mm. These wheels did have some notable noise at low speeds that I never experienced with other brands however it isn't too loud just noticeable. Also my ls 430 has a sensitive indirect Tpms that started malfunctioning ever since I installed these tyres showing me a low tyre message even though all tires are inflated to the recommended pressure, this might be due to a very slight difference in the profile of one of the tyres, and could also be because of a genuine Tpms malfunction.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2017