Avon 3D Ultra Sport

The Avon 3D Ultra Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 10,307 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Avon 3D Ultra Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon 3D Ultra Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Avon 3D Ultra Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Avon 3D Ultra Sport Review

Given 80% while driving a Yamaha R1 (225/45 R17) on track for 6,000 easy going miles
great tire only 6000km drive me but its grip is great and I really liked the agility behavior in water have good grip
29 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2012

Latest Avon 3D Ultra Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon 3D Ultra Sport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the 3D Ultra Sport.

Given 91% while driving a Suzuki 2000 vatari jx2.0 (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
My bike isn't standard, it has modern running gear, is much lighter and goes very nicely thankyou very much ! I like corners and like my tyres to communicate well. I bought a pair of 3D ultra sport tyres hoping press reports were accurate - they are.
Scrubbing them in didn't take long and with temperatures in the low teens the tyres felt really planted, the front is especially brilliant, it's one of the most dependable fronts I've ever used - always leaves a feeling that the corner that felt like you were pushing it a bit was easily done and could've been pressed harder. The front does need to be run at 36 psi, not lower like I tried to start off with, the rear feels good at 38 psi - I altered the suspension to get the best feel/decent comfort/control. They're a fairly sporty feeling tyre for turn-in, the rear more domed than my recent tyres, but the rate of turn is great for the road. My bike is around 205 kg fuelled, so not heavy, these tyres would seem to suit sporty, sports tourer and sports bikes, I read one review by someone with an FJR1300 who wasn't pleased that the tyres didn't wear like Pilot road 4s, those are sport tourer tyres, not the same.
The tyres are fairly new, so I don't know how long they'll last, if the rear last 3000 miles I'll be very happy, I prefer sporty characteristics to longevity and they fill that requirement nicely. For the price they're brilliant, for any price they're damn good ! Will I buy again ? damn right I will !

I don't know too much about wet weather riding with these, on damp roads they're good though and start to communicate pretty quickly.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Kawasaki ZX636 (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
brilliant road tyre, fast warm-up, feels good and confidence inspiring.
3d ultra sport have stuck like glue from the first ride, no slides just grip- and fun.
front tyre profile gives pretty neutral turning but still easy to change your lines quickly.
a noticeable improvement on my old bridgestones, which took much longer to warm up and always felt remote.

too early to talk about tyre life, but after 2 weeks and 500 miles, the tyres look unused.
highly recommended for middleweight bikes.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2017
Given 97% while driving a (190/45 R17) on for 0 miles
I have a Benelli TNT 1130 Evo Sport. Bike is a bit of a handful but in a good way. It came to me with Metzlers and in all honesty I have now had two bike with these tyres and they just don't work for me. Changed onto £d Ultra's and boy my bike has become even more enjoyable and I can now ride within militias with confidence. I live in the south of France so rain is not a problem. The Avons are a really good tyre and I would recommend easily to anyone with a big HP bike.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2017
Given 92% while driving a Aprilia SL1000 Falco (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
Having come from a set of premium Dunlop SportSmart 2 tyres, I was expecting the Avons to feel like the poor relation. I am pleased to say that this is in no way the case. These Avons are grippy, predictable, quick to turn in and very stable. I can't comment on their limits as I haven't yet found the limit on the road, but have happily reached the edge of the tyre, so they clearly inspire plenty of confidence. I've not used these in the wet yet, but have no reason to doubt their ability. Only done 500 miles, so can't yet comment on lifespan. I'm definitely getting a set of these on my R1. Great tyre!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2017