Avon 3D Ultra Sport

The Avon 3D Ultra Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 11,457 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Avon 3D Ultra Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon 3D Ultra Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Avon 3D Ultra Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Avon 3D Ultra Sport Review

Given 80% while driving a Yamaha R1 (225/45 R17) on track for 6,000 easy going miles
great tire only 6000km drive me but its grip is great and I really liked the agility behavior in water have good grip
33 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2012

Latest Avon 3D Ultra Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon 3D Ultra Sport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the 3D Ultra Sport.

Given 94% while driving a (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,150 spirited miles
Just an update on the Avon ultra sport tyres after 1100 miles. I really rate these tyres, trust and feel are everything on a bike, these provide loads of both. I dropped the rear pressure to 36 psi, the same as the front, altered the shock to suit the carcass of the rear and I couldn't be happier. I can carry loads of corner speed and use a load of torque, the tyres have never felt anything but confidence inspiring - on several rides when the tyres were hot it felt like I could throw anything at them ! I'm sure they'd do well on a trackday, heat may be a problem on the track ultimately, but these tyres grip really well. The rear tyre felt better with less pressure and slight shock adjustment, it matches the brilliant front now - it has a firmer construction than the front and is better with the tweaks.
So summing up, I have only good things to say and I tend to be sensitive to changes. In these summer temperatures there's very little warm up time - they were good in cooler temps too, but you could feel when they were ready to 'go'. The tyres make the bike feel more nimble, but stable.There is some wear on the rear, it's kept it's profile well - it looks like it'll last 3000 miles, which is good for me, the front looks like it's just scrubbed in.
The sizes fitted are 180 55 17 rear and 120 70 17 front to suit the late model gsxr 600/750 wheels fitted to my bike. On my first review it had vitara as the bike ... it isn't ! It's a big bored gsxr1100.

0 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Suzuki 2000 vatari jx2.0 (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
My bike isn't standard, it has modern running gear, is much lighter and goes very nicely thankyou very much ! I like corners and like my tyres to communicate well. I bought a pair of 3D ultra sport tyres hoping press reports were accurate - they are.
Scrubbing them in didn't take long and with temperatures in the low teens the tyres felt really planted, the front is especially brilliant, it's one of the most dependable fronts I've ever used - always leaves a feeling that the corner that felt like you were pushing it a bit was easily done and could've been pressed harder. The front does need to be run at 36 psi, not lower like I tried to start off with, the rear feels good at 38 psi - I altered the suspension to get the best feel/decent comfort/control. They're a fairly sporty feeling tyre for turn-in, the rear more domed than my recent tyres, but the rate of turn is great for the road. My bike is around 205 kg fuelled, so not heavy, these tyres would seem to suit sporty, sports tourer and sports bikes, I read one review by someone with an FJR1300 who wasn't pleased that the tyres didn't wear like Pilot road 4s, those are sport tourer tyres, not the same.
The tyres are fairly new, so I don't know how long they'll last, if the rear last 3000 miles I'll be very happy, I prefer sporty characteristics to longevity and they fill that requirement nicely. For the price they're brilliant, for any price they're damn good ! Will I buy again ? damn right I will !

I don't know too much about wet weather riding with these, on damp roads they're good though and start to communicate pretty quickly.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 92% while driving a Kawasaki ZX636 (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
brilliant road tyre, fast warm-up, feels good and confidence inspiring.
3d ultra sport have stuck like glue from the first ride, no slides just grip- and fun.
front tyre profile gives pretty neutral turning but still easy to change your lines quickly.
a noticeable improvement on my old bridgestones, which took much longer to warm up and always felt remote.

too early to talk about tyre life, but after 2 weeks and 500 miles, the tyres look unused.
highly recommended for middleweight bikes.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2017
Given 97% while driving a (190/45 R17) on for 0 miles
I have a Benelli TNT 1130 Evo Sport. Bike is a bit of a handful but in a good way. It came to me with Metzlers and in all honesty I have now had two bike with these tyres and they just don't work for me. Changed onto £d Ultra's and boy my bike has become even more enjoyable and I can now ride within militias with confidence. I live in the south of France so rain is not a problem. The Avons are a really good tyre and I would recommend easily to anyone with a big HP bike.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2017