Avon Storm 2 Ultra

The Avon Storm 2 Ultra is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre has been replaced by the Avon Storm 3D XM

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 169,700 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Avon Storm 2 Ultra
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon Storm 2 Ultra
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Avon Storm 2 Ultra. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Avon Storm 2 Ultra Review

Given 66% while driving a Honda CBR1100XX (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Felt compelled to comment on these tyres as i bought a pair based on the rave reviews on here about all round grip & particularly about how long they last. Ivehota honda blackbird which these tyres were also recommended for so igave them a go. I have ran lots of other sports touring tyres & usually get around 4500mls from a rear & thats a mixture of pillion, loaded with luggage & jyst solo riding. I taken with the reports of the longevity of these tyres as im always after more miles so i gave them a go. I agree with most reviews & i found the dry & wet grip very very good & the bike always felt poised & keen as the triple compound wears the tyre evenly so it tetsins its roind profile rather than the flat middle section you get on most tyres when they start to wear in the middle, those are the possitives & all very good. On to then a najor negative & i haveyo say a real dissapointment! I ride progressively & the rear gets used edge to edge & the power put through all areas of the tyre, it lasted less than 3000mls ?!?!? Thats shocking given the hype of 8000 plus miles by sone reviews. Thats also been mostly 1 up with no luggage on this tyre. Thats shocking, ive hot more miles than that out of pure sports tyres. If you coast along & dont put much power throug it then it will last longer but i sippose any tyre would. So in conclusion yes theyre good but theyre cheap for a reason, they dont last 5 minutes which for a touring tyre is pants, sports tyres will give you much more grip & last about the same miles but if your after more miles spend more money on a set of michelin pilot roads or metzler Z8's same grip & stanility but twice the milage. Conclusion, initialy really good but very very poor distance for a so called touring tyre. I wont be buying them again
6 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2016

Latest Avon Storm 2 Ultra Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon Storm 2 Ultra tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Storm 2 Ultra.

(160/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
Hi I'm a 100 mile a day commuter that breaks down to 70 miles motorway and fast A roads around a constant 80 mph and 30 miles a day through London 20mph
If I'm lucky I currently ride a er6 but had these on my 600 hornet they are a great all round tyre last for ages the ones on my er6 have done 17000 miles so far and there's still life in them they haven't squared off too much I'll probably change them at 20000 or there about a the stock tyres that came with the bike were shite rubbish handling and were worn out in 8000 miles these Avins are the business take it from me ( someone who actually rides their bike)
3 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2016
6 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2016
Given 99% while driving a Triumph 1050 Sprint ST (180/70 R17 R) on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
Got the storms on my triumph sprint st 1050 and my old vfr 750 in my mind these are the best sports touring tyre great grip in wet and dry feel confident with them on both bikes .The front tyre on the on vfr has done 10,000 miles back did 8,000 miles great mileage on the sprint both did 7,500 miles which is good just got some more for my vfr shop around you will get a pair for £160 value for money .
0 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Suzuki Bandit 1250 SA (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Own a bandit 1250. used mainly long summer tours when all mileage is put on. I replaced worn out Dunlops at a mere 4000 miles in 2013. Put on Avon Storms. lasted until now (June 15) and 10,000 miles later. That is 3 European tours and my return recently from Italian Lakes and alps. Just purchased another set, Ultra 2 that should be even better. I reckon almost £100 cheaper than Pilot Roads that tempted me. As an all purpose sports touring tyre worth a punt. You can get a pair or well under £150 as I did !
0 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2015
Given 100% while driving a Kawasaki ZZR1200 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Owned this bike for 5 years, tried all sorts of tyres, Avon storm 2 ultra is simply the best all round tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2015