Avon Storm 3D XM

The Avon Storm 3D XM is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Avon Storm 2 Ultra

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 18,008 miles driven.

2014 Motorrad Premium Touring Motorcycle Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

• Overall - Under ideal road conditions the Storm 3D can hold its own, but once the goin gets tough, or wet, the Avon is best avoided
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon Storm 3D XM
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Avon Storm 3D XM. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Avon Storm 3D XM Review

Given 53% while driving a Yamaha XT1200Z (155/70 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
Used on my Super Tenere. Over road imperfections and in the wet the tyre is nasty. I started off liking them in the dry, but over time have began to hate them.
33 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2015

Latest Avon Storm 3D XM Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon Storm 3D XM tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Storm 3D XM.

Given 83% while driving a Suzuki GSX 1300 RK4 Hayabusa (190/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Had storm 3ds no probs bought xm had on about 600 miles on Busa i feel like tyre moving to much on wheel and few water groves started to split ? I ride 2 up dont hang about but others been ok but xm unsure doesnt seem as planted moving about
0 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2019
Given 63% while driving a Yamaha FZS 1000 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I bought these as a friend had them over a summer of riding, and said for a cheap tyre they were good. I got them at the end of summer, and fitted them to my Fazer 1000 commuter. Dry handling is as good as any other mileage tyre with decent feedback, but in the wet, cold winter weather, they’re not so good! The rear spins up much earlier than expected, and with very little warning. The front isn’t good on tar banding, or smooth wet tarmac. And in cold greasy conditions, I’ve had several slips and slides. Dry weather they’re ok, and wear seems to me better than most. Wet weather I’ve got no faith in them. Can’t wait to change them as I’m a 365 UK rider,!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2019
Given 79% while driving a Suzuki GSXR1000 K1 (190/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These are a real step up from the bridgestone bt023s I had fitted previously. The front end is noticeably better, especially at low speeds. Wet weather performance is spot on and the tyre is holding up well to prolonged motorway journeys with no squaring off. They are a bit slower to turn in although the pay off is they're more stable on the side of the tyre. Perfect as a winter sports touring/commuting tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Honda ST1100 Pan European (160/70 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 9,500 spirited miles
I have had three sets of these and found them a vast improvement over the Storm II Ultra.
I ride a mixture of solo and pillion in a progressive style. Average mileage is 9500 miles usually front wears first, dunno why??
Grip in the wet is good only ever had one slide, the front let go but recovered immediately, but three other bikes did the same on the same corner so must have been surface related.
Grip the dry is terrific with no complaints.
The down side on my bike the steering wobbles at around 30mph, only noticeable with hands off the bars or on a roundabout, the Storm II ultra was worse, does not do this with other tyre makes, but these are such good value I will forgive that as I don`t tend to ride hands free.
In summary, good value tyres with excellent mileage and good grip, my tyre of choice.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 24, 2016