Avon ZV5

Show all: Avon tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Avon ZV5 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 77 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 927,020 miles driven.

Avon ZV5

76%

75%

Tyre Test Results:

Avon ZV5 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON 1.8TSI (225-45-17-W)
excellent overall tyre. wear them for over 30.000 miles seem still like new.
very good in dry very good in wet.
tyre reviewed on April 12, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf mk6 GTD (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
On my last 2 cars Volvo T4 & Golf GT TDI fitting Avon ZV5 has transformed the cars. Just bought a Golf GTD with Pirellis on and they grip in a straight line but I nearly ended up in the side of a BMW at modest speed on a damp road. Will replace with Avons next time. Excellent tyre
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Looking to buy the Avon ZV5? Click here to search for the best price for the Avon ZV5 or any other tyre.

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Skoda Superb MK1 (225-45-17-)
Had these on my Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi 130 for about 12,000 miles now, they're about half worn.
The dry grip is okay, obviously I don't go ragging it, as it's a massive Saloon with very soft suspension. However they're noticeably not as good as the Goodyears I had on before them.
Wet grip is again okay. Resistance to aquaplaning on motorways at speed is fabulous, but getting off the mark in a hurry is difficult, the fronts spin and then the ASR takes over every time! I know it's a heavy car, but the Goodyears coped much better with this.
They're not as absorbing of shocks as other tyres I've used.

Wouldn't buy again, would buy Goodyear.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (215-50-17-W)
Had these on the front ov my vectra Sri made the steering wheel constantly twitch in my hand the car never felt safe . When cornering they would roll on the side walls it felt as if the front would bounce back and forth about 6 inches and. If. You reacted to it it made it worse it felt. Like a. Noddey car.. At motorway speeds when you pulled out of traffic the car would dip 2 to 3 cm . One side then the other as the wind moved over the car...when they were onthe back. The rear would twitch from side to side due to the angle of rear wheels. So you were constantly have. To adjust steering wheel.hated having these on my car ...horribly tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Signum 1.9 CDTI (225-45-17-)
i do about 15000 miles per year, last year I replaced a pair of Nexen (mid range)on the front for 15000 miles and some budget tyres that came with the car on the rear so no idea on those. The Avon ZV5 were starting to look worn on the front after 10k while the rear looked almost new. I swapped back to front and now coming upto 15k miles, looks like I am going to need 4 new ones. For an average tyre that only lasts 15K costing £120 each I will go back to budgets.
tyre reviewed on January 9, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Ford c-max (205-50-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 70,000 spirited miles
I have been driving everything for the last 50 years, slow, very fast, long, heavy, on and off road, including as a development engineer in the motor industry, and I can honestly say that these tyres are a perfect match for the c-max chassis. I have had 4 c-max with all kinds of tyres fitted, and twice I have reverted to Avon ZV5 after less than satisfactory experiences with other makes. Both times the result has been a big grin !
tyre reviewed on December 24, 2013
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (205-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
2 things these tyres definitely don't do well is greasy roads/roudabouts ..they start to slide too early too easily and secondly they do wheelspin very easy from standstill on all but the driest of conditions...comfort is about average i'd say
tyre reviewed on December 21, 2013
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V50 estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Just had these fitted to my volvo v50 so i carn't comment on wear but the grip in dry and wet weather is very good the car feels very stable when cornoring. very pleased with them so far and they are very quiet too.
tyre reviewed on December 18, 2013
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (225-40-18-W)
Fitted tyres March 8 2013. Mondeo Ghia X 2005 Estate. Covered 13000 miles. Tread on front tyres O/S/F down to 2mm from 8 N/S/F down to 4mm. rears 8mm no change in depth from new???
Very noisy tyre and in damp conditions starting from stop at junctions can experience wheel spin definately not using excessive acceleration.
Certainly WILL NOT buy again.
I have just fitted my Continental WinterContac TS830P tyres and will stay on these winter & summer. Find these Continentals 3 tyres which I have driven on for 36000 are far superior.
tyre reviewed on November 13, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC CDTI (225-45-17-W)
These are my second set for my Honda Civic, I have had the well known problem of stepped tyres on my 2008 Civic on premium tyres such as Bridgestone's affecting the rears.
Previously, I would be lucky to get between 6,000 and 9,000 miles from these premium tyres which was very upsetting for the cash flow.
My Avon ZV5's have just passed 15,000 before needing replacing and I could have got a few more hundred miles out of them to be fair.
Excellent tyre and will continue to fit them to my Honda.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: