Avon ZZ3

Show all: Avon tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Avon ZZ3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 106 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 1,538,340 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Avon ZZ5

Progressiveness

Wear
68%

Avon ZZ3 Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100,000 spirited miles
I've had these on my Vectra c 3.2 GSI since almost day one. I couldn't wait for the OE Uniroyal's to wear out - road noise was unbelievably high - and changed to the Avon ZZ3. I've used them almost 100% for the last 100000 miles. I did put a set of Kenda's on when money was tight - dire, especially in the rain. Just changed to ZZ5 Avons, so good so far.
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225-40-18-W)
I do not rally my car around and drive on combination roads, despite this my 2 front tyres are needing changed after only 6000 miles. Shocked doesn't cover it.
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2014
Looking to buy the Avon ZZ3? Click here to search for the best price for the Avon ZZ3 or any other tyre.

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-45-17-)
Total shock! Avon zz3 saves day!
Got 4 new hancook tyres fitted as I read reviews and weighed up cost.

I've never experienced anything like it! The way the car handled was ruined! I checked pressures ok tracking ok had them put back on balancing machine else where ok.
It felt like the back end of the car was wobbling about when cornering and felt like the back was sort of steering too and felt really light and flighty.

Got the tyres off and had Avon zz3 fitted. It was obvious how much the hancooks tyre wall was weak compared with the Avon (same profile) the Avon was stiff and you couldn't move it much with your hand where as the hancook you could grab the wall and move it a lot easily.

Was totally relieved to get the handling back to norm as I like to push the car (where safe) and enjoy the type r as a 2nd car for fun really. Have not done many miles in the car since zz3 but just wanted to say they feel good and a million times better than the hancook disaster.

Could it have been a faulty batch? Are all hancooks walls weak? I don't know but I won't be buying them for this style car again that's for sure.
tyre reviewed on August 24, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-18-)
An excellent mid-range tyre. Far better grip in dry and wet over the Bridgestones fitted as standard. Allows quicker cornering, encouraging a more spirited and confident drive. No problems in the snow - as long as you drive to the conditions. Also appear to be wearing extremely well. Cannot fault the Avon ZZ3. Overall - really happy, great grip, great looks, great price. Will purchase again.
tyre reviewed on July 25, 2013
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo 850 T5 Estate (215-40-17-W)
Not a tyre I would buy again. Not very progressive and no real feedback. Totally overwhelmed in most conditions by the 350+bhp shoved through the front wheels. Understeer and tram lining galore. Also very noisy and thump over road joints. 3000 miles has taken approx 4mm and they are wearing quicker as they get older.
tyre reviewed on July 6, 2013
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E280 (235-45-17-W)
Within 10000 miles tyres started getting noisy. Now, I had the wheels bearings replaced becuase of the noise. I could not believe tyres could make this kind of noise, but now I do. I am a very calm driver, tyres seem not worn or damaged but the noise and vibration are unbearable.
tyre reviewed on July 5, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XJR (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Superb tyre, I quite enjoy a sporty run in the country and these are my tyres of choice, they are very predictable giving good feedback and I can honestly say they have never lost traction even in the wet, they sail through standing water like it isn't there. Even in the snow I found them to be pretty grippy. Very well priced too and tread wear wasn't too shabby, I highly recommend them.
tyre reviewed on June 15, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Grande Punto TJet (205-45-17-W)
I PURCHASED A SET OF FOUR AVON ZZ3s TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL DUNLOP SP9000s,I THOUGHT OF GOING FOR ANOTHER PREMIUM BRAND, BUT WAS PUT OFF BY THE HIGH COST.

IN THE END, I DECIDED TO BUY THE ZZ3s FOR USE IN THE SPRING/SUMMER/AUTUMN & A SET OF HANKOOKs WINTER ICEPT TYRES FOR THE WINTER.

I CAN SAY I WAS SUPRISED HOW GOOD THE ZZ3s SEEM, GRIPPY IN THE DRY &THE WET,
WITH PLENTY OF PROGRESSIVE FEEDBACK.
MY MAIN RESERVATION WOULD POSSIBLY BE HOW THEY WEAR & WHAT THEY ARE LIKE IN SNOW.
AS THEY ARE SUMMER TYRES THE LATTER WOULD BE UNFAIR,WHICH IS WHY I GOT THE HANKOOKs FOR WINTER!
ALL IN ALL AN EXCELLENT SUMMER TYRE AT A VERY COMPETITIVE PRICE,WHICH IN MY OPINION,OUTPERFORMS THE ORIGINAL DUNLOP SP 9000s
I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY ZZ3s AGAIN,BUT DONT EXPECT A SUMMER TYRE TO BE GOOD IN SNOW/ICE IT WASNT DESIGNED TO COPE WITH WINTER CONDITIONS!!
tyre reviewed on May 4, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E39 5 series (255-35-17-V)
Been very happy with my ZZ3s. I bought my 528i with these fitted on the rear, 255/35/17s, so already part worn, and I've done 9000miles now with no concern for wear, I drive every day, I drive hard when the traffic allows, I turn off ASC for some fun sometimes, and yet the tyres are still going strong. I would suspect any issues people may have are due to incorrect suspension geometry on your car.
I'm not looking for replacements yet, but my wifes Saab needs tyres and am considering Avons again or Vredestein Sessanta due to a mate with a 530i highly recommending them too.
tyre reviewed on April 30, 2013
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Aero 1.9 TTiD (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 7,000 easy going miles
Very disappointed with the tyre wear - front tyres are 65% worn after 7000 driving locally only! When queried this with the UK company, spoke with the Customer Services Manager who thought they were racing tyres? Cost about £120 each; won't buy again.
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: