Avon ZZ3

Show all: Avon tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Avon ZZ3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 109 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 1,560,400 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Avon ZZ5

Avon ZZ3
84%

78%

Progressiveness

Wear
69%

Avon ZZ3 Reviews

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 60 average miles
Fantatastic tyres, you certainly get what you paide for. On my Megane Estate im currently on 60k miles with plenty of tread left. Previous tyres on it were factory fitted and were changed at 12K.
tyre reviewed on October 2, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Being a bit of a petrol head and having spent 3 yrs at Kwik fit in a previous life, at 43 I consider myself to have reasonable knowledge and passion about tyre performance. I put a pair of these on the front of my 330E46 convertible last year and they've done around 8K miles. They have been more than adequate in terms of level of grip that im prepared to push it to both In the dry and on the wet.I reckon they still have a good 5mm so have lasted really well considering my work journey is 9 miles of country lanes. Problem I have is that ive just hit a bloody great big pot hole and although the tyre didn't burst (another good point) it has put a massive egg on the side wall. Problem is they don't sell them anymore so it looks like i'll have to have odd tyres on the front.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2014
Looking to buy the Avon ZZ3? Click here to search for the best price for the Avon ZZ3 or any other tyre.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Put these on my wife's cooper s and have been delighted with their performance both in wet and dry conditions. Used them during the winter of 2012 and they performed well in the snow
Heard they were no longer available but will look to replace them probably after 20,000 miles or earlier depending on this winters conditions . Fantastic value for money and much superior to the previous run flats
tyre reviewed on August 4, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100,000 spirited miles
I've had these on my Vectra c 3.2 GSI since almost day one. I couldn't wait for the OE Uniroyal's to wear out - road noise was unbelievably high - and changed to the Avon ZZ3. I've used them almost 100% for the last 100000 miles. I did put a set of Kenda's on when money was tight - dire, especially in the rain. Just changed to ZZ5 Avons, so good so far.
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225-40-18-W)
I do not rally my car around and drive on combination roads, despite this my 2 front tyres are needing changed after only 6000 miles. Shocked doesn't cover it.
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-45-17-)
Total shock! Avon zz3 saves day!
Got 4 new hancook tyres fitted as I read reviews and weighed up cost.

I've never experienced anything like it! The way the car handled was ruined! I checked pressures ok tracking ok had them put back on balancing machine else where ok.
It felt like the back end of the car was wobbling about when cornering and felt like the back was sort of steering too and felt really light and flighty.

Got the tyres off and had Avon zz3 fitted. It was obvious how much the hancooks tyre wall was weak compared with the Avon (same profile) the Avon was stiff and you couldn't move it much with your hand where as the hancook you could grab the wall and move it a lot easily.

Was totally relieved to get the handling back to norm as I like to push the car (where safe) and enjoy the type r as a 2nd car for fun really. Have not done many miles in the car since zz3 but just wanted to say they feel good and a million times better than the hancook disaster.

Could it have been a faulty batch? Are all hancooks walls weak? I don't know but I won't be buying them for this style car again that's for sure.
tyre reviewed on August 24, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-18-)
An excellent mid-range tyre. Far better grip in dry and wet over the Bridgestones fitted as standard. Allows quicker cornering, encouraging a more spirited and confident drive. No problems in the snow - as long as you drive to the conditions. Also appear to be wearing extremely well. Cannot fault the Avon ZZ3. Overall - really happy, great grip, great looks, great price. Will purchase again.
tyre reviewed on July 25, 2013
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo 850 T5 Estate (215-40-17-W)
Not a tyre I would buy again. Not very progressive and no real feedback. Totally overwhelmed in most conditions by the 350+bhp shoved through the front wheels. Understeer and tram lining galore. Also very noisy and thump over road joints. 3000 miles has taken approx 4mm and they are wearing quicker as they get older.
tyre reviewed on July 6, 2013
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E280 (235-45-17-W)
Within 10000 miles tyres started getting noisy. Now, I had the wheels bearings replaced becuase of the noise. I could not believe tyres could make this kind of noise, but now I do. I am a very calm driver, tyres seem not worn or damaged but the noise and vibration are unbearable.
tyre reviewed on July 5, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XJR (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Superb tyre, I quite enjoy a sporty run in the country and these are my tyres of choice, they are very predictable giving good feedback and I can honestly say they have never lost traction even in the wet, they sail through standing water like it isn't there. Even in the snow I found them to be pretty grippy. Very well priced too and tread wear wasn't too shabby, I highly recommend them.
tyre reviewed on June 15, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: