Barum Bravuris 2

Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 82% while driving a Westfield sport 2000 (205/60 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Good quality mid-range tyre, I'm not sure why they seem to be so low down in some of the official tests (aside from premium manufacturers putting pressure on reviewers?) but these are perfectly good & capable tyres. I have a fairly powerful (220hp), quite heavy 6-cylinder RWD estate, with 'sports' suspension, and these suit it fine. They're grippy, the car doesn't roll as much in corners/going around roundabouts etc as it did on premium Dunlops, and the ride is smooth and quiet. I drive regularly on some rubbish rural A & B roads that always seem to have standing water and these handle 50-60mph through those with no issues. On the motorway they're very quiet and rolling resistance seems good.
This is only an initial impressions review, so I can't comment on wear- the compound appears slightly softer on just looking than some rivals, so we'll see, but for the price I doubt I'll have cause to complain.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Vauxhall insignia elite ecoflex 160 (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
This is the second time I've bought these tyres because they proved the first time to be a good alround tyre both in the wet and dry I don't do a lot of milage perhaps 2000 a year maybe less so I prefer to have a good quality mid range tyre than paying out for a named high end one and the Barum as never let me down I'm not technical minded but the Barum does what its supposed to they seems to wear well and keep you on the road so I would recommend them
2 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Ford Fiesta 2009 titanium 1.4 (195/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
After much research decided on these, fantastic grip and feedback, always feel safe, great in dry and wet conditions. Wear is fantastic, 40000 summer miles with plenty of life left in them. Once the tyres were scrubbed in, mpg rose to high 40's. Cannot recommend them high enough, I am now a fan of Barum tyres.
7 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2016
Given 26% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I didn't want these, they came with my certified Toyota Corolla from the dealer. They have to be the worse tires I've ever had. In 2 months the tread separated on one and within the year 2 more did likewise. And the worse part is they had over 80% tread left. Since I don't know where they came from they could have been mis-rotated at some time but I actually believe they were new being on a certified car. I have one left after 2 years and maybe 7000 miles so I will never buy one again.
40 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
I love these tyres - I know exactly where I stand with them.
I'm usually paying out for top brand tyres, after a near miss with some really awful budget one, and I cannot rave enough about these really well priced tyres.
I am a very 'spirited' driver and do a lot of country roads - the result is these do wear out a bit for me - particularly as a result of my tracking usually always being out.
However, I cannot rave about these enough - I've never felt out of control in these - even on the wet.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Kia Motors (205/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 40,000 spirited miles
Its the 2nd time i buy the Barums
Very good and cheap choise which i clearly recommend!

They handle exceptionally on dry conditions,above average on wet!

The only negative i can add,is that until 35.000km they are great,their wear is really progressive and they do their job nicelly!But,after this point they just stop working well and when you reach 40000km,they must be thrown away asap

So their progressiveness is not that good..just like the Continentals
3 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016
Given 73% while driving a BMW 530dA M Sports E39 (255/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These were fitted to the car when i bought it, i'd never heard of them before and was going to replace them ASAP with a brand i knew and trusted, for instance, Goodyear's or Michelin's.
but first i wanted to run the car for a few thousand miles to be sure it wasn't going to be a money pit!!
thankfully the car proved to be sound and reliable as where the Barum's! i would describe my driving style as "not one for hanging about" but on the other hand no Lewis Hamilton either!
i found that the Barum's suited the car well in all weather, comfy and quiet(for a performance saloon) and gave me confidence on all kinds of roads, so much so i decided to leave them on the car, the rears are down to 3mm now (which is the time i normally look to changing my tyres)but the fronts are still on 6mm! being a heavy rear wheel drive car i'd expect the rears to wear faster than the fronts, but don't no if all four tyres were replaced at the same time by the previous owner so cannot say if the rears are wearing much faster than the fronts!
i've found that you can "push" these Barum's on all road conditions with good feed back, they give you plenty of notice before they let go which gives you time to react! i don't usually push my car that hard, but i like to remind myself of mine and the car's capability's every now and then !
to replace the rear's with Barum's again will cost £84 each as opposed to £135 each for the Goodyear's!
I will not skimp on tyres or brakes, but on this occasion i see no reason to spend over the odds for a name!!
to sum up, in my opinion, UNLESS your a real speed freak who likes to drive there car to it's limit's everywhere in all conditions! then these Barum's would be a sound choice!
4 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2016
Given 37% while driving a Honda Civic Coupe 1.6i SR VTEC (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Bought my car with these tyres already fitted, in the dry they are at best mediocre, I do drive my car harder than your typical 40 year old but then again I am only 23, wet grip isn't brilliant but not really much worse than dry grip, these tyre if driven fairly hard will try to eat the sidewalls, there is very little feed back from the road just a lot of noise, they are a good tyre if your the type of person that drives at a top speed of 50 everywhere! They wear really well and although only having done a few thousand miles on them they haven't worn at all, I would not recommend these tyres if your car weighs any more than around 1000kg as the sidewall is extremely soft and would be liable to blow outs in my opinion, these tyres flex more than the suspension of the car that they are on, so all in all out of 10 I'd give them 2 and that's pure down to the fact they never wear out
1 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2015
Given 43% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 easy going miles
Well I'd used these tyres previously on a Saab 93 and other than trying to kill me in the wet weren't too bad yes they are noisy but they do last well and I don't exactly hammer around these days.
So new car Zafira CDTI needed new tyres so went for these again. Started getting vibration that got gradually worse and worse so in to the garage and low and behold I need 2 new tyres. The rear 2 at less than 2 months old have actually mis-shapen and are no longer round. Nice so all 4 off and I've gone for Goodyear Eagle F1's and 11000 miles later no problems. Never ever touching Barums again
1 - tyre reviewed on September 9, 2015
Given 43% while driving a Nissan Primera (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Absolute rubbish in the wet and mediocre in the dry. Traction is broken at the first hint of moisture on acceleration from a start, especially if on a hill. By far the worst gripping tyres in the wet/moist/cold I have ever used in 25 years of driving.
ABS has cut in on several occassions in the wet at low speed much to my surprise.
If my car was a 250bhp turbo charged torque monster and drove like a track day star I would give them some slack, but I drive a 115bhp petrol Nissan mostly round town!
Cant wait for them to wear down so I can justify swaping them for some decent rubber.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015