Barum Bravuris 3

The Barum Bravuris 3 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris 2

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 24,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Barum Bravuris 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Barum Bravuris 3 Review

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I'm spectacularly fussy about my tyres - being an ex racer and track-day instructor, I shamelessly obsess over rubber, even on my road cars!

I've been running Michelin PS3's on my Porsche 911, which have been great, and so going with what I know, have been using the same tyres on my daily drive Skoda Octavia VRS for a few years now. However, if I am honest, I have not really been that impressed with them on this car....they perform fairly well, but longevity is not a strong point at all.

Coupled with the fact that the old Skoda is ageing and worth buttons these days, to spend close to another £500 on a set of Michelins again last month seemed to be a wee bit unnecessary.

So I started looking for an alternative. After a good deal of searching, reading and inviting comment on the internet and one or two specialist car forums I frequent, the Barum Bravarius 3 was mentioned more than a few times.

Digging deeper - I found that they're a 'mid-range' tyre (and NOT budget!) and come very highly recommended by people who seem to know what they're talking about, and aren't 'brand snobs' - they just appreciate performance and value, whatever the name.

I also found that Barum is a Czech company, owned by Continental. Well, my Skoda is also a Czech product, representing the thinking man's car of choice - so it seemed a good match. This was re-inforced after I looked on the Barum website and found an endorsement explaining that this tyre is recommended by them for Skoda Octavia.

So with this in mind, coupled with a price of just over 200 quid for a set of four fitted onto the Skoda's 17 inch wheels, I took the plunge.

And well....first impressions were extremely favorable. A pleasing combination of low noise, good feedback, grip and traction all round. Great so far.

But now after the first 1,000 miles - the tyres have scrubbed in and settled to the car's geometry, and I actually can't believe how good they are. I honestly don't think that they could be beaten, especially for the price, and I feel like I have 'discovered' one of those well-kept secrets that only those in the know use and appreciate...

My advice - give these a go, before the whole world catches on and the price goes up. I am sure that you won't regret it!

14 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2016

Latest Barum Bravuris 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Bravuris 3.

Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia 4x4 Hatchback (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Probably the worst tyre ever. And I am driving more than 30 years with 60000 km per year. Too many stories to tell you for these tyres. Stay away.
14 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2016

14 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2016
Fancy winning a set of 4 tyres, fully fitted? Click below and enter!
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Grandis Equippe (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 easy going miles
Had 2 Bravuris 2 tyres fitted 3 years ago and switched them to rear 2 years ago. Still have 4mm tread on them! I tow a caravan 4000 miles a year. Put Bravuris 3 tyres on front April 2014 that now need replacing after 22000 miles and 8000 miles towing. I'll replace with Bravuris 3's.

2 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 T5 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Fitted a pair of these tyres at the front replacing Bravuris 2. Not felt any real differance to the car. Have used High Brand and Mid Brand and can find little real differance - except price. Can't comment on wear - only 1000 miles in but got 15000mile from B2, will be happy with that from these V70's are heavy on tyres. Will happily but again.
That said would not put them on my AWD R it runs Eagle F1 or Conti.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014