Barum Bravuris 3HM

Barum Bravuris 3HM Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 69% while driving a BMW 320D (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
I already reviewed tyre at 9000 miles:
"Really good grip in wet, more than expected. In wet I drive them almost as it's dry and they really stick.
They are good and predictable in dry."

This has not changed. Tyre is really good, especially for the price. And they would last at least 10000 more miles judging by the thread wear.

BUT, I had to change them because they could not be balanced properly!
First when I changed from winter to summer, they balanced them (I went out for a coffee while they were doing it), I went home driving on motorway and my whole car was shaking from 50 mph. Driving 70 mph was impossible. So I went back next day to the shop, and they really tried to balance them but they couldn't. They would remove them from the wheel, put them again, etc to try to get them to be better. It was better, but not as it should be!

Because they have more life in them, I won't throw them, I will fit them to another vehicle that is only for city driving.
I bought Premium Contact 6 to replace them, and they are really really good (I'll leave review).

Because of this issue, I cannot recommend them to anyone who is driving outside of city.

1 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
For the price can't be beat. Last longer than continental and 40-50 quid cheaper per tyre. Grip in both wet and dry is also not far off the contis. I like to test a tire in all conditions....can hardly budge them even on roundabouts in the wet ....only after 15,000 miles and down to 3.5 mil are they starting to move a little but still feel safer than cheap brand new budget tyres I tried before. Only issue is for some reason recently I'm finding them hard to source!
4 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225/45 R19 H) on mostly motorways for 30,000 easy going miles
Bought these for my Jaguar xf 3.0 diesel, they've been a very good tyre. I'm not the racing type but they haven't let me down. The tyre walls have faired well having been forced into the gutter a few times by ongoing traffic. I've now done nearly 30,000 miles and I reckon there's probably another 5000 miles left. I've had them for nearly 2 years and I'm very pleased. If I can get them again I would, but proving difficult to source at the moment.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2018
10 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2018
Given 66% while driving a BMW 520d (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
On BMW F11.
Tires feel very hard, rather uncomfortable. But rolls off quietly. Big problems at balancing.
14 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2018
Given 66% while driving a Fiat Bravo (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 43,000 miles
Got these tyres as a replacement of my OEM fitted pirelli p7's, both dry and wet grip are somehow average, you can trust them but you must expect lots of wheelspin, especially in wet surfaces, and they were also quite noisier compared to p7's, where these tyres really shine is the wear, 43000 miles in combination of Country Roads and motorways, other than that, these are average budget tyres, and I won't buy them again
1 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 320 (245/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
My last review of these tyres was in July last year with just over 5k under them. 12k further on and with what looks like at least another 4 or 5k left in them, I'm still mega impressed. Highly, highly recommended. In fact, I was thinking of changing my alloys for wider rears, but because Barum don't make the right tyre size and I don't want to buy any other tyre, I've decided to keep the wheels I've already got.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2018
Given 79% while driving a BMW 320D (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
I drove about 15000km (9000mls) on them in less than a year, and judging by thread wear they seem that will last about 30000km.
They are good and predictable in dry.
Would recommend.