Barum Bravuris

Progressiveness 65%
Barum Bravuris

The Barum Bravuris is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Barum Bravuris 2

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 251,017 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Barum Bravuris
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Barum Bravuris Reviews

Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Dry grip is OK, but soft side walls means you need to be careful if you push them to the limit.
Wet grip is next to useless with standing starts being difficult enough, let alone going round corners.
1 | - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2011

Latest Barum Bravuris Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CRX Si (195/50 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
good tyres all round. slow wear.
0 | - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2015
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Put these on the rears as I needed something cheap to replace my T1R's so I got these both fitted, new for a silly price.

For good reason.

I am now unintentionally a pro drifter. I'm doing reverse entries and getting sideways around almost every corner because these tyres are utter petrified dog shite.

Going round roundabouts requires great care and attention as 1/10th of using the throttle will kick the back end out.

This one time in the dry I turned a corner and I was all jump drift like Daigo Saito on Ebisu circuit. I wasn't expecting the rear to slide but I figured I'd make the most of the situation and get mad dorito's on.

I've had them on for about 5k miles, and they haven't really worn down at all. I guess that's because they're made of forged plastic.

-4/10 they've still got over 6mm tread left and I've already bought new tyres.
0 | - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Vectra B (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
good tires that I would recommend to others. particularly good grip wet road. these tires after 40,000 km still serving. I am satisfied with this product. but one of the tire was defective...
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 29, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Euro (195/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Very good tyre that grips well, espessialy on the dry. Extremely precise steering if inflated around 40psi. Cannot comment on wear because they were fitted on a second hand car I bought, but seems good. Not the quitest, but that may be because they are more than half used and poor asphalt.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2013
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Xedos 9 (EU), alternative model names: Millenia S (205/65 R15 V) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
I am writing this review from the country where those tyres are manufactured (Barum was based in the Czech Republic, EU :) This brand is economic one and many local drivers use it because of low price without any special requirements for performance. I used it on my 210 BHP Mazda. They were good in straight direction in dry conditions, very good in high speed over 200 km/hr. On the other hand, the car has low grip in turns (dry) and realy very bad grip in turns in wet conditions. Forget to use them on the snow. I tried it several times but was realy very slipy and no chance to take a turn safely. However, those tyres lasted aprox. 50 thousand kilometres on my car which is more than majority of competitors! Barum Bravuris were tested also by several magazines and professionals and ranked as good middle. Every test observed bad grip in wet conditions but overall good performance.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2012