Bridgestone A001

Show all: Bridgestone tyres, Passenger Car All Season High Performance tyres
The Bridgestone A001 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 35 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 432,916 miles driven.

Bridgestone A001

83%

94%

Tyre Test Results:

Bridgestone A001 Reviews

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 2.2 TiD Linear Estate (215-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 33,000 easy going miles
Now @ End of life on the second set on the front. Both sets consistently lasted over 32K miles (surprisingly previous summer Goodyears and Michelins 22K). Also unlike previous tyres, still performed well when down to 2mm even under stress. Never put a foot wrong under any condition (heat, rain, snow...). Resistance to aquaplaning at motorway speeds was particularly impressive. Amazing product. Note it is directional and you can't swap wheels to the other side of the car.
tyre reviewed on October 29, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna II (225-45-17-)
Possibly the worst tyres I ever had. On wet roads, several times the car
broke out in a curve. Never again.
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2014
Looking to buy the Bridgestone A001? Click here to search for the best price for the Bridgestone A001 or any other tyre.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Touran Match SE BlueMotion TDI (205-55-16-V)
Now on my second set on the front after 2 years, 20,000 miles. No wear on the rears after this mileage.. 8mm still !! Best tyres for a family car, awesome wet weather safety and you won't get stuck during winter.
tyre reviewed on October 10, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (205-55-16-)
Update on my Nov 2012 review. Had two A001's on the front and I liked them - excellent grip in all conditions if this is your primary concern. They got me up a very steep hill in Derbyshire on 2-3 inches of freshly fallen snow. I also feel that they corner well too. The downside is that they now make a noise (after 18 months of wear) - sounds like your wheel bearing! Put them on the back and Vredestein Sportrac5 now on front but I get more understeer with these. Cured the noise though.
tyre reviewed on July 13, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Toledo (225-45-17-)
For cold and wet climate this is the very best tyre I owned. The grip is amazing and the car is glued to the road. They must be very safe, and that 1-2% fuel efficiency loss is well worth it.
When it is hot expect to see them wear down faster.
tyre reviewed on May 12, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK5 1.6 FSI (205-55-16-V)
After a terrifying experience with mixed budget tyres fitted by the previous owner on my Golf I decided to quickly ditch them and go for a whole new set. I almost went with the Bridgestone T001 but since it was Autumn at the time and nearing Winter I thought it be wise to go for the All Season A001 tyre and Iā€™m glad I did in the end.

On the dry I found there is little difference in grip levels compared to a standard summer tyre and it holds corners very well. In fact it has a sporty feel to it which is surprising for an All Season tyre! It coped very well on Hot Summers too, I drove 120 MPH with these tyres on the German Autobahn in 30c heat and it never felt like it was going to waver - safe and stable.

The wet however is the A001ā€™s trump card, it is absolutely unstoppable in terms of grip and aquaplaning resistance in these conditions. The special compound and mixed tread pattern enables the A001 to cope standing water at high speeds (motorways) very well, a fantastic wet weather tyre.

I found the A001 to have coped fine in the Snow & Ice, on a slippery snowy incline I saw a Mercedes C-Class tail sliding and got stuck midway, a tiny Nissan Micra followed after and tried to power its way up but failed in the end which surprised me. I had to stop on the incline to allow the two cars to clear a way. But once they did, while the A001 did slip slightly at first it had enough traction and bite to power my relatively heavy MK5 Golf up the snowy slope, I have to admit feeling a bit smug in the end! Generally it can cope compacted snow and ice fine but can struggle if there is really deep snow (like 4-5 inches) so you will need full on winters if deep snow is frequent.

Wear is good for an All Season tyre, after over a year and covering 13,000 miles in various conditions the tyres still have loads of tread left, I think they can last me another year at this rate. Overall if you want a single tyre to cope the British weather all year round with confidence then the Bridgestone A001 is a fantastic choice, highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on December 11, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 16v (195-55-15-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 19,000 spirited miles
These were my first set of replacement tires on my 58 VW Polo 1.4 FWD, and at the time of purchase Dec 2011 with 20875m on the clock, all I asked for was for a set of tires that would last me through the winter and also the summer. I must confess I couldn't care less about which tires they put on my car only that they were from a reputable brand. Fast forward two years and 19k+ miles later, and I'm still on the same tyres. The fronts have about 2-3mm tread left in the centre, and the rears don't look as if they have aged much at all with plenty of tread to last me another couple of years. Being a total tyre newbie, I'm quite impressed by that, especially when I'm quite hard on my car. My usual routes take me on highways around the south/south-east/mid Scotland on a daily basis, and often in adverse weather too. What I definitely have noticed was how easy it has been to drive the car even in very heavy rain and also in bone dry conditions. I can't remember ever running into problems like aquaplaning, even during the wettest of days, and stability on the motorway during the few days a year of heavy snow we get in Scotland has been exemplary. The only bad points I can think of are 1) fuel economy (probably a combination of my driving style, inefficient dated petrol engine, and the tyre), and 2) road noise.
tyre reviewed on December 8, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 16 average miles
A very good tyre, all weather as it states. Wears very well.Fitted to the front, currently 16k driven, lots of wear left.
tyre reviewed on September 9, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.2i 150 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
These tyres are awesome, had them on for 2 years now and would def put them on again
tyre reviewed on August 3, 2013
Driving on mostly motorways for 32,000 average miles
I am really pleased with this tyre. Previous Goodyear Excellence ā€“ on this car ā€“ were really well balanced but wore out in 22K to 24K miles (front pair), becoming really hard during the latter stages. Grip on compacted snow was non-existent. The A001s have been good all year round (though the last few winters have not been too bad) and lasted 32K miles. Hope the second set is as good.
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: