Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002

Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 89% while driving a Renault Clio III Dynamique 1.2 Turbo (205/45 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 miles
At first 25000klm were perfect at wet and dry conditions. After that they got a bit of slippery in dry conditions and they got harder. Perfect road feedback. Perfect handling. Not noisy. Expensive here in Greece. Wearing is perfect. I still have those on with 50000 klm. Still legal. We have a warmer climate so those were good for me. Better for UK. I'll melt them now and change them for a cheaper set. I recommend those for people who like sport driving. They are absolutely beautiful....
2 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2019
Given 59% while driving a Ford Focus (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 11,000 spirited miles
Dry: Because I only need 2 tyres, I drive it actual with Pirelli P Zero (2 years older) on the other axis. Good tyre, good grip and good to very good feedback. The feedback depends on the temperature, at lower temp the RE002 feels better than the P Zero, on higher temps the P Zero wins. But in dry the RE002 is a nice tyre.

Wet: I never had aquaplaning with it, but maybe I drive to careful on the Autobahn when the water stays on the road becuae the P Zero and my last winter-tyres V905 are also not fan of to much water.
If the roads are only wet, the RE002 is much more worse than my P Zero. If the P zero is on the rear axis, the car understeering obvious, and it is totally disharmonious. Good feedback and good grip if I stay below the limit, very suddenly the grip disappear if I go a bit harder.
If the P zero are in front and the RE002 on rear I fight with brutal oversteer.

Conclusion: The RE002 is OK if you want a good tyre for dry roads and if you like the nice look. But if you want to drive fast in the wet you should stay away from the RE002. It´s a weak performance to loose against a two year older tyres with less tread. I would only recommend it for a car which don´t see often wet roads.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Mazda MX5 (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Superb grip in dry, average in the wet but still very progressive. The noise level is more than ok, even under high stress.
I've tried it once on a trackday and was very impressed with the level of grip, though it tends to overheat quite fast.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Fiat Stilo (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Just as how performance tyres should be made. Grippy wet/dry. No squeal, no matter how hard you corner. Very good feedback, turns crisp. Like track day tyres on the road. Did i mention the price? Just awesome!
1 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2017
Given 69% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS Veloce (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I was able to buy these without going to a specialist supplier. My impressions of these suggest that selling them mainstream may have been a mistake. Irrespective, I wanted to try them for myself so I ended up with a complete set. A deer wrote my car off before they were totally done though.

They have a nice crisp steering response and good feedback. Cornering grip was very good but less so in the wet. I found them to generally behave very well with no upsets. Breakaway and recovery was always easily managed and for that they can be recommended.

They have shortcomings though. When new, the tread depth was only just above 6mm (sporting tyre). Aquaplaning resistance was very poor though. Indeed, I used them in snow once. It gave new meaning to 'absolutely no grip'. They are very heavy so transmit every bump into the cabin and even tiny road imperfections could clearly be detected. Wear was not good and I'd sum them up as not good for a daily driver. For a toy they're not bad but I believe there are better options available which don't have anything like the RE002's drawbacks.

Not a bad tyre but it should have been marketed more accurately and having mainstream autocentres fitting them as a mainstream performance tyre certainly had it's drawbacks and I imagine some damage was done to the Bridgestone brand name for that reason.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2017
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 35,000 spirited miles
Dry grip is excelent, they grip as much as my old sportcontact2 (which are extraordinary tire). I ve done 30000 km in 2 years and they still have meat for a year, so wear is average. They can be sometimes uncomfortable in the wet when going over puddles but that is only complain i got about them.
9 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Opel Vectra C GTS (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Very good tire, with superb grip on the corners. Great tread life with minimal wear.

The braking on smooth city asphalt leaves plenty to desire. But on the move the grip is very good. Comfort and fuel consumption wise not so good but it is expected for this type o tire and this tread design.

On the wet braking becomes very good (surprisingly) and the grip is great (even with 225's) I never experienced aquaplanning.

Very satisfied with them as I never could reach the limit of their abilities. Even when driving on a very very fast manner.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017