Bridgestone Battlax BT 023

The Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 38 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 180,950 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Battlax BT 023
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Battlax BT 023

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Battlax BT 023

2016-04-30 - Hi there I have a BT-023 Battlax 160/60 rear tire. What pressure should I run at with a passenger (gross weight of the two of us is 160kg)?. My bike is a 650 verysy KLE

Unfortunately we're unable to give marque specific tyre pressures. The rear load pressure of your bike will be set by the bike manufacturer, not the tyre so it should be available in your handbook.

2017-09-02 - What does the 'G' mean? ie- BT023 G

The G is the OE marking.

2018-04-27 - Hello, For the Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 GT, dim: 180/55 R17, on a Thunderace, what would be the maximum lean angle possible before losing grip? Where can I find this and others information for this tyre?

Unfortunately I do not have access to this information, I would suggest speaking directly to Yamaha for maximum lean angles.

Top Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 Review

Given 93% while driving a Kawasaki ZZR1200 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Front wears quicker on ZZR1200> front wear is my indicator for changing tyres

Using on a Kawasaki ZZR1200, Isle of Man (not the best roads- many negative camber bends), climate is cool and rarely above 20degrees (real feel). Bike originally fitted with BT020 which wore rather quickly, replaced with BT021 (better wear) and now have a few thousand miles wear on BT023, front and rear wear is significantly better than both predecessors (BT020 and BT021). I have had my tyres tampered with and have lost air out of both, did not notice immediately(both almost flat) but yes could ride these at high speed almost flat (in cool climate) without any noticeable damage. I recall a cold day in winter (pressures good (around 40/ 41 - both) bike hit a gentle double wheel slide mid bend and both tyres caught the bike at the same time meaning no crash, have had a double wheel slide on BT016 also in wet on lean and again was able to pick it up. Never had the BT023 step out of line, I don't ride on the edge, do ride straight line fast but do ride with cold conditions.. Bridgestones have never let me down- wear is better that Conti Road attacks (seem softer). this never has a problem throwing the torque down, they stop well, neutral cornering for predicatble riding.. have considered pilot road 3 as alternative but prefer considering BT023 GT next (extra centre belt on rear) to see how they perform before moving brands. safe riding!
42 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2013

Latest Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Battlax BT 023.

Given 90% while driving a Yamaha MT09 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Got them on my MT-09 and i love the tyres and i would definitely buy them over the Michelin Road 5 as for me they seem much better than the Michelin Road 5.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Honda CB600FA Hornet (180/55 R17 W) on mostly town for 500 average miles
Upgraded the factory BT 016 with these BT 023 tyres on my 2010 Hornet and I have been blown by the improvement and great feedback. Indeed some amazing choice.
14 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Kawasaki ZZR1400 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I'm definitely not one for straight lining and enjoy putting my bike through it's paces. I've heard of higher mileage than my 2,500, but can't fathom how or why. Maybe it's just me, but for a big,heavy bike with huge amounts of power on tap. I think anywhere around 3,000 miles from a rear tyre is good going, much more than that and you're not doing it right. They came on the bike, I replaced them with the same and will be going there again. Tried and tested.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Suzuki Gladius SFV650 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
I purchased these tyres to replace the nasty factory rubber that came with my bike and they are a treat. Loads of grip for my use (commuting, country roads and motorway miles), loads of life as I bought a pair of these tyres together 21 months ago, the front is about 75% worn and the rear has just touched the TDIs. Just about to purchase a new rear as we speak as they offer exceptional milage and the wet weather grip out lasts my ability and confidence.
15 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2017