Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

The Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 30 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 373,550 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

2017-01-10 - Is the Potenza S001 (which is fitted on my new Mercedes SLC) a run flat tyre or are there two versions ie run flat and normal? Thank you.

If the tyre on your new Mercedes is the runflat version of the S001, it will have "runflat" / "rft" marked clearly on the sidewall.

2017-02-04 - I want to buy a summer tire for my Honda Civic.. 205/55 R16.. I live in Zonguldak Ereğli.. Wet roads.. But if I make 25000 km for only 1 year.. Half is at highway, half is at wet roads.. I wanted to buy 205/55/16 94w , XL.. Safe and hard tire.. But I think this type of tire is very hard. Are there adverse effects on road handling? Which tires can you suggest to me?

The Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT is a runflat tyre, so has a very hard sidewall. This will protect you from sidewall damage on poor surface roads, but as a result it will be less comfortable than a non-runflat tyre. We suggest you look at the Bridgestone DriveGuard

2019-04-02 - What tyre do you recommend on a BMW m 140I I have Bridgestone potential soo1 rf on now which I have had since new

The default non-runflat option is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, however this has now been replaced by the PIlot Sport 4 which offers better wet grip and higher levels of comfort, at the expense of some steering feel.

Top Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT Review

Given 50% while driving a BMW M135i (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Skittish in damp conditions, noisy on the motorway, expensive, not much to like to be honest.
93 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2016

Latest Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Potenza S001 RFT.

BMW X2 sDrive 20i M Sport X (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
Compare to Continental Contact 3 & 5 RFT I drove on 328i earlier, this one is certainly better than them, but not as good as Goodyear Efficient Grip RFT in terms of comfort and wet grip. Dry grip on S001is way better, similar to those non-run flat. Harshness on bump is unbearable, rolling noise is tremendously high. It came with the car, is a waste to dump it but I certainly will replace it after 10,000 km. The only thing good about this tyre is dry grip, nothing else!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2019
BMW (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
I have found the Bridgestone Potenza runflat's on my BMW 425d to be noisy and this has got worse as they have worn. The ride is very firm and you feel every blemish in the road. The grip is very average in the dry and not good at all good in the wet. Wear rate has been good, 25k miles so far and still some life, but will change soon to a different brand.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2019
Given 51% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (225/40 R19 W) on mostly town for 11,000 spirited miles
Came as standard on my BMW 440i. My main gripe is wet grip. For example, even with modest throttle, these tyres spin on anything but bone-dry tarmac so I have absolutely no confidence accelerating from junctions in damp or wet conditions. Similarly, I have found them squirmy and easily slippable under braking in the wet. They seem fine in the dry with reasonable straight line grip and progressive grip under cornering but for UK conditions, I couldn’t recommend them.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2019
Given 49% while driving a BMW 330 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Got 18000 miles from the rear, 25000miles from fronts in 330E BMW.
My main complaint is that over roundabouts the fronts would squeal horribly at relatively low speeds and understeer a lot.

I preferred the tyres when the outer edges of the fronts had worn away. They no longer squealed and gripped better. -I think this is more to do with the BMW suspension setup though (M sport suspension, 17" tyres
6 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2018

See all 28 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT (newest first) >>