Compasal Smacher

The Compasal Smacher is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 41% over 4,150 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Compasal Smacher
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Compasal Smacher
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Compasal Smacher. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Compasal Smacher Review

Given 35% while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 123 (195/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
These tyres were fitted brand-new to the front of a Fiesta Zetec-S I bought last summer. The rear had the original Continentals with about 15000 miles wear. I have to say I'd never heard of the Compasals and had a sense of foreboding about them as I'd figured the dealer had just fitted the cheapest replacement possible.
Unfortunately I was right!
On my way back to base (150-odd miles) on a hot, dry July evening, the tyres seemed ok as they scrubbed in. Eventually I was on roads I knew backwards and decided to test the tyres...
I was now on B-roads and there is a particular Left-hand corner I know and love on both car and bike, but I digress...
I approached said corner, changing down in preparation for what was to come, took a deep breath, pitched it in and floored it. Annnnd. SsssssKerrrrccchhhhh as the car moved swiftly towards the offside of the corner.
'Hmmm', I thought absently as I juggled the wheel, 'that doesn't usually happen.'
Still, it was provoked.
Several months later it is now cold and wet. If provoked at all, it is slither time.
Two days ago (with warm tyres - 50 miles into a trip) I accelerated hard away from a junction. Except when I dropped the clutch the car jumped about 6" sideways instead of moving forwards in an orderly manner.
That was the last straw. A replacement pair has been ordered despite the total wear of about 4000 miles on the Smachers. How much does even the slightest accident cost these days?
The fairest way to describe these tyres is to say they resemble the Japanese tyres of the 70's. Nice'n'shiny and plastiky - but I'm sure they'd last ever such a long time if you drive in straight lines in Arizona.
9 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019

Latest Compasal Smacher Reviews

Have you driven on the Compasal Smacher tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Smacher.

Given 43% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17 R) on mostly motorways for 150 spirited miles
There's one thing that never ceases to amaze me with the great British public....how little thought and consideration they have when protecting their lives, and that of others.
The reason why I say this, is that every car I buy second-hand is, guaranteed EVERY time, fitted with cheap rubbish Hoo Flung Dung tyres, and windscreen smearers that used to wipe the rain away, many moons ago.
This weekend, I purchased a Mini Cooper S (the supercharged convertible), and guess what? Yep, crap Chinese tyres on every corner, including a pair of Smacher tyres up front, and something with a laughable name at the back, and yes, the customary windscreen smearers..Lets get this into perspective. A good pair of tyres (for example, Avon) for this car cost around £65 each, fitted. The Smachers are £46 each. Two good wiper blades (Bosch) will cost, at the very most, £10 each. One of these tyres will stop very well during Englands 6 month monsoon season...one will stop you eventually whilst you pray. The total cost between safety and surviving potential life-or-death situations and unwittingly becoming a crash test dummy is less than £100...for less than the cost of a months council tax, and yet people continue to fit these things, even on performance cars? Economy? When all that's between you and the road are thin circles of synthetic rubber? In conclusion, if you don't mind soft handling, louder than normal road noise, and far, far below par braking distances, by all eans buy some. Me? If I couldn't buy better, I'd get the bus.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2019
Unfortunately I was right!
Still, it was provoked.