Compasal Smacher

The Compasal Smacher is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 1 tyre reviews averaging 35% over 4,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Compasal Smacher
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Compasal Smacher
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Compasal Smacher. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Compasal Smacher Review

Given 35% while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 123 (195/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
These tyres were fitted brand-new to the front of a Fiesta Zetec-S I bought last summer. The rear had the original Continentals with about 15000 miles wear. I have to say I'd never heard of the Compasals and had a sense of foreboding about them as I'd figured the dealer had just fitted the cheapest replacement possible.
Unfortunately I was right!
On my way back to base (150-odd miles) on a hot, dry July evening, the tyres seemed ok as they scrubbed in. Eventually I was on roads I knew backwards and decided to test the tyres...
I was now on B-roads and there is a particular Left-hand corner I know and love on both car and bike, but I digress...
I approached said corner, changing down in preparation for what was to come, took a deep breath, pitched it in and floored it. Annnnd. SsssssKerrrrccchhhhh as the car moved swiftly towards the offside of the corner.
'Hmmm', I thought absently as I juggled the wheel, 'that doesn't usually happen.'
Still, it was provoked.
Several months later it is now cold and wet. If provoked at all, it is slither time.
Two days ago (with warm tyres - 50 miles into a trip) I accelerated hard away from a junction. Except when I dropped the clutch the car jumped about 6" sideways instead of moving forwards in an orderly manner.
That was the last straw. A replacement pair has been ordered despite the total wear of about 4000 miles on the Smachers. How much does even the slightest accident cost these days?
The fairest way to describe these tyres is to say they resemble the Japanese tyres of the 70's. Nice'n'shiny and plastiky - but I'm sure they'd last ever such a long time if you drive in straight lines in Arizona.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019

Latest Compasal Smacher Reviews

Have you driven on the Compasal Smacher tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Smacher.

Unfortunately I was right!
Still, it was provoked.