Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

The Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 170,560 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 Review

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2008 WRX (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Great Tyre. I bought them thinking they wear cheaper then the Bridgestone potenza or dunlop SP01. But the performance is just amazing. I can push my car to the limit and they just keep gripping. Unlike the Toyo TeoPlus tyres i had before which where terrible.

Would highly recommend and buy again!
12 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2013

Latest Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ContiMaxContact MC5.

Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
My van were on worn budget tyres. I don't know how accurate it is to compare worn vs new tyres but anyway here goes.
On the old tyres the people mover felt like a van, had a bad vibration at 60mph. The people mover felt unsettled in B roads, and on the noisier side of things.

On new MC5, it was a bit better, smoother, but ride was still a bit harsh. But after 500 miles, it improved, it is now really quiet. The grip is very high, and it is no longer unsettled on windy B roads - WOW. I've not driven it on the windy B roads in the wet but I can only assume they will drive the same. The vehicle has been transformed!

But they're on the expensive side. You get what you pay for I guess!
1 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2016
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2009 BM Liberty 2.5 Premium (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Fantastic tyres. Originally purchased in 2013 to replace the OE Yokohamas which were completely worn out after 45000km.

First impressions were markedly reduced road noise at all speeds and road surfaces, fantastic feel through the steering wheel and comfortable ride. My wife did not believe the difference that quality tyres can make to vehicle. After 3 years and nearly 60000km we have replaced them with another set of MC5s, even worn down past the wear indicators on all 4 the wet weather grip was exceptional.

As an 'all rounder' tyre for use on all surfaces on your daily drive I think you'll be hard pressed to find better value.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 540I (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Great tyre. Got these for a good price in 2014 and I do drive my car like it has a V8 and sports suspension in it, shows in the wear on the rears - they are almost at indicators after 30000kms... fronts have a fair bit left. If I get 50000 out of them that will be what the guy who sold them to me said. I will totally buy these again if I can. Quiet and comfortable on the cruise, and lots of grip when I want.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2016
Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a Holden Commodore VE (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 60 spirited miles
EXCEPTIONAL TYRE THIS ONE, THRASHED THE CAR HARD THROUGH THE TWISTIES AND THE BOYS WOULDN'T LET GO. TURNED THE STABILITY OFF AND THEY STILL STUCK LIKE GLUE !
3 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2016

See all 19 customer reviews of the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 (newest first) >>