Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Progressiveness 79%
Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

The Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 103,000 miles driven.

Sorry, the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet

Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 Reviews

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai i20 (195-60-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
good tyre
tyre reviewed on November 12, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Lancia (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Very Good
tyre reviewed on October 30, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 2012 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 3,300 easy going miles
Good overall comfort tyres
tyre reviewed on October 18, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (235-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,000 average miles
this tyre economic for my wallet
tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (215-50-17-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 200 spirited miles
Just put these on my 2012 Mazda 6 diesel wagon, replacing the Original Bridgestone RE050As which had worn badly after 31,000Ks
Initial findings are a marked drop in noise, and a dramatic increase in comfort over broken surfaces.
Too early for any comments on wear, but grip levels seem similar to the Bridgestones in the dry on the couple of my "Test" roads I have driven so far. Certainly progressive at the limit, and allowing stable cornering speeds well above any normal driving I would do, and as hard as I was willing to push the car on public roads.
Not much wet driving yet, but a damp morning showed no immediate flaws.
Very happy with my choice so far!
tyre reviewed on May 25, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai (225-50-18-)
I can't believe how quiet and smooth they are. 4/5 Dry. 4/5 Wet. 4/5 Comfort. 5/5 Noise. 4/5 Handling. 4/5 Stopping Distance. I have had Invo, GR90, Ventus S1 Noble2, LM703, NT8000, V551 and 3ST. I have to say the MC5 being better in the reduction of road noise. Great value for money product.
tyre reviewed on May 16, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-18-)
Grip is great in both the dry and wet. It feels like a 55 series touring tire running at 38 PSI. Very good cornering and very litter bumps on uneven roads. Low noise on rough road, but quiet on highway. Excellent braking performance. A very good value for money product. I will recommend them to all my friends.
tyre reviewed on May 15, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (225-45-17-)
Super comfortable and quiet, above average grip but not an all out performance tyre. Great all rounder.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FG Falcon XR6 Turbo (245-45-18-)
Had these on my FG XR6 turbo falcon for about one year now. When I changed from Yokaham s-drive to Conti MC5, it decreased road noise by half. Probably my tyre of choice in the 18 inch rim. I had the same confidence with wet/dry grip as I did with the Yokahamas but with half the road noise in the cabin. Long road trips on Australian coarse chip road were not an issue for the family with the Conti MX5's on. Sold the car now, so not sure on wear, but would have expected it to make 45,000 to 50,000km's
tyre reviewed on February 6, 2015