Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

The Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Continental ContiMaxContact MC6

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 283,260 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 Review

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2008 WRX (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Great Tyre. I bought them thinking they wear cheaper then the Bridgestone potenza or dunlop SP01. But the performance is just amazing. I can push my car to the limit and they just keep gripping. Unlike the Toyo TeoPlus tyres i had before which where terrible.

Would highly recommend and buy again!
61 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2013

Latest Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ContiMaxContact MC5.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (195/50 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
Replacing my old Kumho Ecsta ku23 with these Conti MC5 was the best decision made for my Jazz. This tires bring a whole new level of confidence to the car. Hard breaking no longer activate the ABS in wet or dry. cornering at the limit is more gradual not abrupt like before.Road feedback is so-so but the ride is comfortable. Front tires center pattern is already gone but no noticeable drop in performance. I expect this set to last at least another 40000 Km.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2017
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Altezza RS200Z (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Had these tyres for just over a year now. Very happy with dry & wet grip vs. cost. I previously had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 but didn't really need that level of performance anymore. They're as good in nearly every aspect as the F1s, probably even better resistance to aquaplaning, lower rolling resistance & quieter on smooth seal but do lack outright lateral grip when pushed. The side walls seem to be a lot softer but they do give you warning you're at the limit.
I've probably done about 7000 km on them now but they're not showing any signs of wear & still had approx. 7mm of tread on my last WOF (MOT) check done recently. I'll be happy if I get 40-50K km out of them.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2017
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Just had this on after using Yokohama geolandar that written after 46000km which made my AWD car skid few times at round about. Hopefully I made the right choice with this. It's just initial review so hopefully will add more feed back as I get along.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2017
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Pretty amazing set of tyres if I say so myself. Was running Bridgestone Adrenaline RE002's before this and with the road conditions in Malaysia, I was looking for a more comfortable set of tyres without a large drop in performance. And I have to say, these tyres did it.

Dry grip is amazing. I am able to manoeuvre corners with ease and agility. In the wet, these tyre performed amazing. I can feel the grip. In terms of comfort, this was where the tyres amazed me, they were able to give me ample feedback whilst reducing cabin noise and giving a smoother ride.

I've only had the tyre for about 2000kms now, so I can't comment much on wear. But so far it seems to be great.

Overall I am amazed at this tyre, and if continental were to come out with a MC6 I would go for those but for now, the MC5's are an amazing set to go for.. Yet to try the UC6 though.
11 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2017
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (235/45 R18) on mostly town for 700 average miles
Before the MC5, i had used:
Michelin PS3, Yokohama Advan DB V551, Hankook Ventus Noble2 S1, Hankook Ventus Prime2.

My comments about MC5:
Noise: better than almost all the above, but not as good as the V551 (but V551 price is almost +50% more expensive).
Comfort: MC5 is better than all the above, it absorb road bumps, the ride is smooth, love it.
Handling: no point comparing with performance tyres like PS2 and V551, for comfort oriented tyres like MC50, the handling is pretty well. I travel at 120km under heavy rain on a free way, it hold the line pretty well, no skipping at all.

Overall , i would say MC5 is a pretty damn good tyres with the price they are selling here in Malaysia. I can't wait to see the MC6 (if there is any). I would recommend to anyone looking for a comfort tyre that having decent handling capacilities.

Very well done, Continental, Love the MC5..
24 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2017

See all 28 customer reviews of the Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 (newest first) >>