Continental Eco Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Continental Eco Contact 5 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 47,013 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Eco Contact 3

89%

83%

87%

Continental Eco Contact 5 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (205-55-16-V)
Bought these tyres after running a softer compound tyre of a different make, swapped to this make after problems with vibration from the softer tyres. Dry braking was slightly worse, but not enough to be a problem. Grip when pushed was also slightly worse, but again, acceptable. However wet grip, wear and comfort all very good. The best aspect for me is that the tyres wear evenly across the width compared to others I have had and they drive the same after 22000 miles / 35000 km and 18 months. They pick up a bit more noise on rough surfaces, but not too much that it bothers me. Overall slight improvement in fuel economy vs older softer tyres.
tyre reviewed on August 1, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat 500 Abarth (195-45-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 9 spirited miles
Originally I was skeptical about fitting Eco tires on my car, but I decided to get on with the suggestion from many friends. So, last year I got 4 brand new Eco Contact 5s and just waited to see the results.

These tires are exceptional, my 500 Abarth is gripping and gripping in both wet and dry roads. The tires are 16 months old and they still have 4mm thread rear and 3,5mm front - which I think is remarkable, given my abusive driving style. The provide warning of understeer early and they are also very quiet. So far I haven't noticed a performance drop, they perform just as they did after they were "ran-in" for about 1,500 km - not even slightly less.

Would I buy them again? Simple answer, Definitely - thanks to everyone for the recommendation - some people still don't believe (wrongly so, as it turns out) the Eco 5s are that capable in a hot little car.
tyre reviewed on June 23, 2014
Looking to buy the Continental Eco Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Eco Contact 5 or any other tyre.

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 145 1.6 Boxer (185-60-14-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 4 average miles
Excellent
tyre reviewed on May 14, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat croma (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 2,500 easy going miles
I ordered ContiPremium contact 5 online because it was voted best tyre by several.magazines. When they srrived I was tired and was in terrible hurry, my friend picked them up and I was exhausted after 1400 km of continuous driving, so I just drove to shop and had them changed. Next time on fuel station, I actually realized that I am driving on ContiECO contact i stead. It was too late to change them, sine I burned a full tank already. And this is what I can say after 3600 km on them - THEY SUCK!
1) I was driving trough warm April on Nokian WR D3,(winer tyre) once with 1600 kg and a passenger in the car and fuel consumption was less than with this ECo garbage when empty (1.2 litres on 100 km)
2) They wander when I am driving, and loose corners. I wasn't sure what is going on so I took car to the shop to check wheel geometry, guy there showed me results - car was OK 100% but said I am not first with these tyres to come with same problem.
3) they are by far loudest tyres I ever had, including situstions when I had to drive with winter tyres trough simmer. Awful!!!
4) They give poor feedback and so far they perform far worse in rain than totally worn out Pirelli Cinturato I had on my car before.
5) overall bad performance and horrible UNSAFE feeling I have when I drive them.
If I were single and didn't have a wife that would nag me crazy for doing it, I'd take them down and burned them hatefully in my back yard. Now i hope to sell them on classifieds and buy something else. I will NEVER AGAIN buy anything Continental makes because this for me is proof that they buy their titles (read:bribe) for published results. no other explanation.
We have 3cars in family and theese are tyres on them:(summer/winter)(rate/rate)
Lancia Delta Nuova - Michelin/BFGoodrich - 5/5
Citroen C1 -Toyo/Yokohama - 4.5/4.6
Fiat Croma - Continental/Nokian - -2/5 ( yes, two points below zero)

I make 60-70 000 km a year, and I was till recently a president of a vintage car club (120 members) - so I know what I ama full tank already. And this is what I can say after 3600 km on them - THEY SUCK!
2) They wander when I am driving, and loose corners talking about.
DO NOT BUY CONTINENTAL TYRES! They are just overhyped marketed GARBAGE. I should listen everyone who was telling me not to buy them.
I throw ashes on myself now and admit my error, and will post this on so many places as I can!!!
tyre reviewed on May 13, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.4TDi (185-60-14-T)
Excellent tyres. Very good on any surface, a huge improvement over the Matador tyres my car had before. The best part is the ultra low rolling resistance, the car can go further without any acceleration. I managed to break my old record of 4.1 l/100 with an impressive 3.3. Great tyres, I will definitely buy Continentals next time.
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Great tyres for A Class. Much improved driving experience. Highly recommended. Thanks to all for the recommendation.
tyre reviewed on February 12, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C3 (185-60-15-H)
Excellent all rounders, these grip well and have nice feel to them in all conditions, and my fuel consumption has edged up from 60mpg to 62mpg since changing from Avon ZV3 to these. Beginning to show wear on the front but so good on all other parameters I'm going for these again next.
tyre reviewed on October 4, 2012
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (205-55-16-V)
i bought these tyres after reading numerous reviews on it.

initial feel of the tyres were good, but after around 2000km, the tyres became noise, the performance also detiorated. could it be luck? but i didnt enjoy my tyres. swap them for Yokohama C drive.
tyre reviewed on July 27, 2012
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195-60-15-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
Very balanced and comfortable tyres and really ultra low rolling resistance.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2012
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Panda (175-65-14-H)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
I was disappointed when I found out that my new car was going to have eco tyres as standard having used the original Conti Eco Contacts around 8 years ago and finding them dangerous in the wet. However, my plans to swap the eco tyres were dropped after only a few miles.

In dry conditions, you can't tell you've got an eco tyre under you. They perform just as well as the best performance tyres I've used and in the wet they provide surprising grip, although not quite as planted as in the dry (like all tyres I suppose).

The ride comfort is very good and the only potential criticism is slightly higher road noise than I'm used to but they're still far from the worst in this respect.

I can't comment on wear having only done 500 miles so far. Suffice to say, they still look like new!
tyre reviewed on May 24, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: