Continental Eco Contact 5

Continental Eco Contact 5 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 65% while driving a Renault clio iv 1.5 DCI 90ps (195/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Having come fitted on our new Clio 4 we were not disappointed. We live in Crete, Greece so 95% of our driving is on dry roads. Having said that the roads here are VERY winding and great fun to push the car around. The tyres make you feel confident and have great grip on tight country road corners. I have never felt at risk from these tyres at all. Our national road ( motorway) is also very winding but the tyres feel well able to handle fast driving on good tarmac. As for the wet, I cannot comment as you always drive carefully after a dry spell when it first rains. I love these tyres for our type of driving but cannot comment on wet conditions.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Ford Focus (195/60 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Returned to these tyres after fitting budget option. The car is a pleasure to drive again.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2019
Given 63% while driving a Smart Forfour (205/45 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 29 easy going miles
Very average tyres, grips ok both in dry and wet, atrocious in snow or low temperature. However is quite hardwearing (30,000 miles) at the expense of comfort and noise. There are better and cheaper tyres, so will not recommend.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2019
Renault 12 (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
20000 were bald. We’re noisy and expensive to replace .
0 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2019
Given 50% while driving a Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (185/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
About average in dry, but very bad, even dangerous in wet especially in lower temperatures.
Good on wear.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Renault Grand Scenic (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I have these on a Renault Grand Scenic 150PS, quite heavy car and they feel great. I don't have any grip issues in any weather with my driving style. To be fair on an MPV you don't really push them to the limit. Wear is good, driven 10k miles hardly visible on them. I would definitely buy these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Opel corsa d 1.3 cdti (185/65 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 40 spirited miles
These were the originals of the car when I bought it new. They did 63.000km of 90% motorway and 10% city driving before coming down to 3,3mm when I decided to replace them, because they couldn't drain (heavy) rainwater so easily anymore.

I agree with what people say here about these tires, except wet grip and wear. They never seem to have any problem whatsoever with wet conditions. The grip was always there, whether I faced a light drizzle or heavy rainfall or slippery roads, you name it.

Dry grip was very good, never faced a problem there. On feedback, comfort and handling, I think that they perform on par with their league, no surprises there. They do what they are supposed to do.

I left wear for the end because I just don't understand people who want their tires to outlive Highlander. Surely, I wouldn't be happy with my tires if I had to replace them every 15-20.000km, but this is not the case here according to my experience. And afterall, better grip affects longevity. How each of us defines better or worse wear is a matter of semantics.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2018