Continental ExtremeContact DWS

The Continental ExtremeContact DWS is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 174,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental ExtremeContact DWS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental ExtremeContact DWS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental ExtremeContact DWS Review

Given 86% while driving a Mercedes Benz w211 e500 (245/50 R17) on mostly town for 30,000 easy going miles
On a Mercedes EClass e500, these tyres are amazing. Have already done 50,000kms and I reckon less than 50% wear. OEM Spec is 245/45, but the extra 5% fills the guards better and gives a far more compliant and smooth ride. No rubbing on guards or anything.
I might be the only person in the world who fitted this size to an eclass, but very very happy, a quiet sure footed ride.
12 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2017

Latest Continental ExtremeContact DWS Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ExtremeContact DWS.

12 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2017
Given 94% while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 60,000 average miles
Last review from Seattle by me on these. Buying next set of same tire.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2013
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 87% while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
40,000 miles on the DWS in/around Seattle USA and I am still impressed with the performance of these tires. I posted 2 prior reviews for them. I would buy these again simply because they do so many things right in all conditions except snow in which case I park the Miata anyways (we get maybe 2 weeks of snowy roads a year here). Maybe that's why I am enjoying them as much as when I first got them. As they wear they become better on pavement. I'll post another review in a year or before if anything changes! Safe Driving All!
0 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2012
Given 91% while driving a Mazda mx 5 (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
So I am the fellow from Seattle who wrote the review on these from Sept. 2010 below. Having put 30,000 miles on them I thought it was worth re-posting an update. All in all I have to say that some 14 months later I am still very satisfied with the Conti ExtremeContact DWS. I made it through a rainy and unseasonably snowy & cold 2010/2011 with no issues, mishaps or surprises. On the snowiest days I didn’t drive my MX-5 simply due to this car has no ground clearance. I did however drive it on lightly snowy roads and they beat my expectations. In the rain, they are wonderful. We are back in our rainy season and they still perform very well. I still view these as one of the best tire purchasing decisions I have made. I’ll be curious to see how they perform over the next year since in the US at least a tread warranty is not offered (or wasn’t when I bought them) which may mean their longevity is an unknown. For road trips and comfort, operate them at exactly the recommended inflation values for your vehicle. I tried overinflating them by ~3-5 psi which did improve cornering/sidewall firmness but also made the ride harsher.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2011

See all 6 customer reviews of the Continental ExtremeContact DWS (newest first) >>