Continental Premium Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Continental Premium Contact 5 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 30 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 160,863 miles driven.

Continental Premium Contact 5

58%

87%

70%

Continental Premium Contact 5 Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 30,000 easy going miles
Grip was excellent, the car felt confident. I don't usually wear the tyres out as I mostly drive motorways, and these were no different. After 3 years I was confident they could comfortably last another season. They were a bit loud in the wet, otherwise the sound was unobtrusive.
tyre reviewed on April 7, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 GTi 137 (195-55-15-V)
Outstanding grip on dry and wet roads ,compared to my previous Cinturato P1 and Turanza ER300.The Turanza is also a good tire when they heat up is almost like ths CPC5 but just in dry,in wet CPC5 beats all
tyre reviewed on March 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Continental Premium Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Premium Contact 5 or any other tyre.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9000 Turbo (195-65-15-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 12 easy going miles
Replaced a set of Continental PremiumContact 2 tyres which had done 50,0000 kms.
So far I am very happy with the PremiumContact 5's. I have found that increasing the pressure to 38 p.s.i. has helped reduce wear, but at the expense of a little ride comfort.
One thing I cannot understand. I see reviews for 245/17 versions of this tyre posted on this site, but according to Continental, they do not make this tyre in that size. What gives?
tyre reviewed on March 22, 2014
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen MKVII Bluemotion (220-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 11 average miles
I have recently purchased a VW Golf MK7 Bluemotion 1.6tdi. It came with these tyres as standard and I was not impressed.
Just for some context, I am 19 and live in the country where the majority of the roads are twisty. I do drive with vigour sometimes but am not your typical teenager (on a law degree and often accused of being old before my time).
The tyres are low in grip compared to the ones I had on my Astra SRI, and I have a distinct lack of confidence in the cars handling ability, it seems to let go much too easily in the dry. In the wet, the problem is shown to full extent, the car is basically undriveable if there is any standing water and extreme caution is advised.
What's more, the wear has been appalling. I have covered just short of 11,000 miles in mixed conditions (my route to work includes motorway, twisty roads as well as A Roads). I also regularly cover motorway distances greater than 300 miles per trip. In 8 months, the front tyres are totally short, less than half a mil from the legal limit. The back tyres are about 25% worn.

I would not recommend. I am aware my car is an Eco car and therefore the suspension is not unto the sporting credentials I was used to with my 2010 Astra SRI. However, after fitting it with some fat, good grip mid range tyres (Bridgestones), the car handles 200% better; so much so, I had all four changed immediately.
tyre reviewed on February 11, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 116d (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 21, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195-60-15-H)
Tried these after the original Maxxis I bought the car with were almost worn out. I bought a full set of 4 and they are most definately a comfort tyre.
Excellent traction straight line acceleration, outstanding wet and dry braking but a little vague when turning in but progressive breakaway.

The biggest disappointment is the wear rate - despite a light, low powered car they've just about seen in 20,000miles where a set of Michelins on my Astra H from new made 30,000miles with similar driving.
tyre reviewed on January 6, 2014
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Opel vectra c (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,500 easy going miles
Bought them for Opel Vectra C, and totally disappointed. After Bridgestone Turanza ER 300 on previous car in same dimension, this is total fail - in regard to grip, feedback, progressiveness and wear. After not more then 10.000km tread is half worn. Half of that way tyres were on back axle, so only half the way on the front axle. I will not buy it again.
tyre reviewed on December 14, 2013
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (205-55-16-V)
A well balanced Tyre, good handling and grip both wet and dry, good comfort and low noise-level. My only complaint is the wear which is absolutely ridicules on my 2011 VW Golf TSI 122.
The rear Tyres are ok but the front Tyres are worn about 60% after only about 6000 Km. I don't know if the car is partially to blame for the wear but I think this is more a typical Continental problem.
I have the correct Tyre-pressure and I have today changed the position of the Tyres Front-Back after 6 months of use.
I usually drive very normal, sometimes I push the car to the limit on curvy roads but this is not more than 5-10% of my total driving.
I like the tires, they are better than my original Continental Sport 2 but I will not buy again because of the wear.
tyre reviewed on December 9, 2013
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (195-65-15-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 13,000 easy going miles
Tires are spent for two seasons with a total of less than 20 000 km. I'm a defensive driver, we follow the regulations, and slow, and I'm interested primarily low power and security.
Tyre is a reliable BUT while it lasts and lasts briefly.
Furthermore, I would like that does not come from anywhere in the EU the same class and quality of tires purchased in Slovenia and Croatia are increasingly shaking on the steering wheel, as summer and winter seasons.
Continental Tire is not what it was and is not cost-effective.
I will not buy it again, for now.
tyre reviewed on October 22, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda (225-45-17-)
Quit and soft on bad road so so road feedback for solid drive not for expened cornes speed.

tyre reviewed on October 18, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: