Continental Sport Contact 3

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 3 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 174 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 2,268,261 miles driven.

Continental Sport Contact 3

63%

77%

72%

Continental Sport Contact 3 Reviews

Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector cabriolet 150 (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Generally, grip in the dry and wet is good - they handle fine.
However, they have only lasted 10K miles - I usually get around 12K miles - apparently tyre wear is a Saab trait.
My biggest issue is that I have never had tramlining problems as bad as this before. I don't know if it is this particular tyre or because they were XL tyres which I had been recommended to get for the car. Anyhow, I am going back to Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asy 2) but this time regular tyres not XL.
tyre reviewed on March 19, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLC200 (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
225/40 ZR18 front
245/35 ZR18 rear
After 3 years of low and conservative usage (42K Khm), I was surprised to see pieces missing from the surface of my tyres.
tyre reviewed on March 19, 2014
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 3 or any other tyre.

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0tdi Sport (225-45-17-V)
Bought these tyres on reading good test results, great tyres BUT,,,, in the 2 years I had them I bust the sidewalls on three of them in smallish potholes and two of the replacements developed serious cracks along thread grooves at about 6/7000 miles, 4/5mm thread. 'Continental' took them back and paid out. Now changed to another make.
tyre reviewed on March 15, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S-line Cabrio (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 13, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (265-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
These are my favourite tyres apart from Vredesteins. They wear VERY quickly and they aren't cheap but for all-round performance I'd choose them. If only they didn't wear so quickly. I drive in a spirited fashion in a RWD so it's not surprising, nothing lasts more than 15k, but these tended to last about 9k miles only on the rears. Trying out the Matadors next which are 'apparently' made in the same factory. Will report back.
tyre reviewed on February 14, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Msport (255-30-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 spirited miles
These were one of the best tyres I've ever had but also the worst tyres for wear. I've used Michelin, Goodyear and Pirelli previously which all lasted a lot longer than the Continentals. The Continentals gave me great confidence in both the wet and dry but I suppose with the grip it sacrifices wear. It hasn't even been a year since I had them on and they are close to the markers and I'm sure they'll need replacing when it reaches a year. Saying that, I have got the SportContact2 on the front of my car (which is rear wheel drive) and they have been on there 2 years and are only half worn. I do about 10k a year. In terms of performance they have been great. If you can afford to change your tyres quickly, go for them, but if you want your tyres to last long then these are not for you and just for that reason I won't be buying these again and probably will give the newer SportContact5 a miss too.
tyre reviewed on February 13, 2014
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 T4 (225-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
These are the worst performing tyres that I ever had in my whole life. The tyres are hard and bumpy. Considering the high prices one has to pay for these tyres and the performance of the tyres is definitely not one would expect.
I couldn't bear the noise and hardness of these tyres, as I had lost all the comfort that I suppose to get from my new Volvo. In the end, I removed all these tyres and replaced with GT Radial Champiro HPY. Now,I'm very happy and delighted after switching to GT tyres. These GT tyres are really value for money and they're "Y" rated i/o "W" rated.
tyre reviewed on February 11, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Superb II combi 2.0 tdi cr (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 78,000 average miles
Fronts worn out 18k miles, not wrong pressures: no spare rubber left anywhere. Twitchy on limit while giving a misleading crisp feel initially. Very noisy throughout. Also developed various circumferential cracks, several inches long. PilotSport 3's much quieter, less edgy feel, smoother transition towards point of losing grip. Eagle F1's or Ultragrip 8 performance appear OK / cheaper alternatives. Briskoda users all found Conti's poor & bad value: Conti 3's were little better than 2's.
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (215-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2014
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 (225-45-17-)
I had to replace 4 of these on different occasions due to sidewall failure. Bubbles form on the sidewall and potholes cause rips in the sidewall.the grip was very good but to replace brand new tyres after 2000km 4 times in one year is not fun.
tyre reviewed on December 12, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: