Continental Sport Contact 3

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 3 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 196 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 2,661,783 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 2

62%

76%

70%

Continental Sport Contact 3 Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-17-)
Great dry grip and really progressive through bends, car slides progressively when driven on the edge of the tyres performance. Dry breaking amongst the best, wet performance is average. The wear rate is poor though, managed 10k on the fronts and they're in the wear indicators. The backs have worn around 2mm in comparison as a non-driven pair.

Superb in the dry, good enough in the wet. Wear far too quickly.
tyre reviewed on July 4, 2015
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 CDI Blutec (225-45-18-W)
The grip levels are great but i cannot stand how quickly they wear. I have done 6000 miles from new and i have to replace them soon. I know i drive hard some times (great grip then) but i couldn't buy again based on the wear rate and high price.
tyre reviewed on May 25, 2015
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 3 or any other tyre.

Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 SE 2.0 TDI 136 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 17,000 easy going miles
These came as standard on a new A4 Technik (225/50/R17).

Its difficult to separate the harsh ride that comes with sport suspension from the tyre performance but I felt the tyres were adequate.

They felt a little soft and imprecise at the limits of cornering and in wet weather but never caused any concerns. Prone to wheel spin from a standing start in some conditions. Good braking in wet and dry. Tyre noise was on the limit of acceptable.

One thing I can say for sure is that the wear rate was problematic. I got less than 17000 from the front pair (FWD) with faster wear on the shoulder. However, if you want performance tyres you're going to get a softer compound and faster wear. Its all compromise.

Despite the disappointing wear rate I replaced the front pair with ContiSportContact 5 hoping the newer tyre is better. It probably won't.
tyre reviewed on April 20, 2015
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E300 Bluetech Hybrid (245-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
the CSC3 came standard with my E300 front 245/40 rear 265/35. I've had them for a year a I am now considering changing to Michelin Pilot SS. They wore out very fast, after 30k km I started noticing the difference in how the car grips. I wouldn't recommend this tyre
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2015
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70R (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I had these on the front of my Volvo V70 R, Completely useless in the wet, traction was more or less non existent. The grip on dry roads wasn't too bad but not what you would expects from a premium tyre. What finished it for me was under steer on a roundabout in rush hour with the kids in the car. No more conti's for me
tyre reviewed on March 3, 2015
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530d (245-40-18-)
For the price they are not very good. I had cheaper tyres on previously which wear much better in all categories. Disappointing tyre which I won't buy again. Grip is not very good. I lost control on a muddy road and narrowly missed going into a hedge. I have lost confidence driving at higher speeds with these tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 23, 2015
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS5 2.0 Hdi (225-45-18-W)
My new Citroen DS5 came with these. I know the DS5 gets mixed reviews due to below par ride and steering. However, after 4k miles I became convinced the Continentals were partly to blame.

Took the plunge and changed wheels and tyres for 17" Falken EuroAll Season AS200's. Transformation! No more tramlining, or strong pulling with the camber, way less steering kickback over bumps, softer, quieter ride. Why Citroen fit the Continentals I cannot imagine, perhaps they got a job lot? (Contact 3's still being supplied in 2014?)

I have sampled Sport Contacts on other FWD cars in the past and not been impressed. I think, reading some of the reports here, that the tyres are better suited to RWD cars? Oh and the wear rate is awful, after 4K miles fronts will be shot at 12 to 15k miles.
tyre reviewed on January 25, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia GT 193hp (205-50-17-V)
After a lot of experiments on my wheels,i decided to go back to oem setup (205/50/17) as i had bought it with the other oem option 205/55/16. I had tried 225/45/17 four 6 years. So,i found 4 used Contisport3 ( they had been driven for more than 40.oookms,with 4,5-5mm left) from a friend of mine in order to see how my car handles on that tyre size.And...I could not believe it!!! These used Contis were superb!!! Dry and wet grip is outstanding even after more than 40.oookms!!! On icy roads were very predictable and good! Fuel consumption is ok and stopping distances quite good. And it is an FWD Skoda Octavia GT 1.8T,remmaped 240hp,with PSS9,4pots GALFER ,From mount intercooler and a lot of other things.I will probably buy or 4 brand new Contisport5 as i am very satisfied with Continental either the much cheaper Kumho Ecsta KU31 SPT.
tyre reviewed on January 11, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (195-45-16-V)
Driving on mostly town for 37,282 spirited miles
Perfect tyres for my fiesta mk7 sport. Very good for dry in hot summer and make me feel very confident in the rain. My front tyres have traveled about 24.854 miles (40.000 km) and the rear 37.282 miles in 2 years time(60.000 km). Although the wear was very obvious, the tires were enough grippy for my aggressive driving style and feel that there is more to give. The only negative is that because of the soft sides, if tyre pressure is low, tyres get damaged from inside creating curves. My 4 tyres are damaged so today I replaced them with 40% cheaper Barum Bravuris 3 (how bad can they be).
Definitely, for my driving style and my expectations (value/quality), Conti SportContact3 are the golden section for wear and grip.
tyre reviewed on January 9, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Just bought two of these tyres for the front on my mini cooper s (r53). Delighted!
previously had run flats which were terrible, tendency to slightly slip out at normal road speed around a roundabout, totally reduced confidence in the car. When floored in the wet, the traction control would step in right up to 3rd gear.
Just been out in the reasonably heavy rain just now, tyres stuck to road at higher speeds round the roundabout (same one). Floored it from standstill, traction control never stepped in once!
Ride is much more comfortable!
Softer rubber gives me the impression they will wear faster and they were not cheap to have fitted (£240 for 2) but really don't care, so much more grip, feels like a different car, would recommend these to anyone with a cooper s and other cars (although not in a position to do so)
tyre reviewed on November 22, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: