Continental Sport Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 76 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 528,375 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3

55%

79%

63%

Continental Sport Contact 5 Reviews

Given 72% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (225-45-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,250 easy going miles
Car Ford Mondeo 2010, 115 hp Diesel

These tires are without doubt the best tires I have ever had when it comes to grip. Especially accelerating around corners provide superb grip. But this comes with a cost of extremely high wear. I put these tires on this spring and have done aprox 10.000 km on mostly highways and freeways and already the front tires is at the 4 mm mark so I can expect a maximum of 15.000 km and that is less than half from the Michelins I had before with the same driving style.

Good tires but no value at all.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz Vito (225-45-17-)
245/45R18 100Y. Standard fit on the Vito SportX 122cdi. Great all round tyres, except for wear! These tyres seem to be more at home on a track day than the road. My rears are shot and have not managed 7000 miles. Poor value for money.
tyre reviewed on October 27, 2014
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 5 or any other tyre.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
had these fitted to my 1.25L petrol fiesta last week and the difference is unbelievable.

I had Bridgestone E300s on previously which have been totally out done.

I bought these tyres wanting great grip in both wet and dry and that is exactly what I have got.

My Bridgestones were pretty bad in the wet, they span all the time and I slid around a fair bit.
it's near impossible to spin them on the Conti's, I feel ten times safer knowing I am heading in to winter weather!

I know they will wear down quick but I bought them knowing this... I suppose a softer compound all round grippier tyre will wear down quicker.
but I would rather spend an extra £100 on tyres than risk my life on lesser quality ones.

I paid £220 for 4 brand new including fitting!

will be getting these again for sure!
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra (185-65-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Bought a £500 heap 2000 Astra when I was doing a barn conversion.

Tyres lasted 7000 miles. In the most rubbish engined version.

tyre reviewed on October 3, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CL500 (275-40-19-W)
Driving on mostly town for 17,500 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 21, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (235-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 easy going miles
I drive traffic police cars with Goodyear F1's and they are driven HARD everywhere with harsh acceleration, braking, corners etc. with the car heavily loaded. And the F1's last longer than these tyres on my private car driven sedately!!!! Good grip, but awful wear rate!!! Certainly NOT worth the price tag. Would NEVER buy again!! 8 months motoring for £350 an axle?!! Rip off!
tyre reviewed on July 22, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 260 (225-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
I drive safely within the speed limits and have never spun the wheels on my rear wheel drive pride and joy, yet, the rears are bald after 6000 miles. The fronts have probably got 3000 miles left. Not worth the £700 pound I paid for the set of 4.
tyre reviewed on July 19, 2014
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
been driving it mostly on twisty roads, 30% on higway,hard driving about 1k km,pretty ok summer tyre if you're looking for grip in wet, on dry tarmac you have no idea if your gripping or losing, after 6000km half tyre gone, bad feedback, i'd buy it again if i'd be a millionare, going back on michelin PE next year,
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 11,000 easy going miles
Very good tyres in dry and wet, but only last 11000.
Dont buy Again
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 1 series M-pack (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: