Continental Sport Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 93 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 814,905 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3

55%

79%

63%

Continental Sport Contact 5 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (235-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 65,000 spirited miles
Currently at 65k on original rear tyres supplied with car, fronts last 20-25k, motorway driving
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
So i bought these tyres last year and I drove most miles on motroways and freeways. The front tires are now below legal tread wear in the middle (and I drive with the proper pressure) and about half done on the edges.

So I will be exchanging the tyres shortly and will not but continental again.

But the grip on both dry and wet roads were incredible for the first 6000 miles and after that the wear has made it more average.
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2015
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 5 or any other tyre.

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 Coupe (225-45-17-)
the best tyre i ever had
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 30 average miles
I had this tires on my VW CC standard. Thinking for a top brand the tires would be amazing.

OH I was wrong!!! Firstly after 6 months the thread was down to 2mm and I am not a person who drive aggressively or anything, to me that was as shock,

Secondly when I went to purchase a new set I found them to way over priced!!! not at all worth it!!

But on the upside, the grip is great in wet and dry, and I liked the fact it had a rim protector too. Noise is not the lowest! I had better..

Final Verdict...Don't buy..not worth it...you can better.
tyre reviewed on May 29, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 745LI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
I use the CSC3 manufactured in 10Week Yr2012, it's now renamed CSC5.

I use this on a BMW740Li size 245/50/R18.

These are great tires if $$$ is no obstacle and you don't mind the ridiculously short tread life. These tires lasted me only 20,000miles or slightly above 30,000KM. Driven entirely on motorway / expressway in a very subdue manner. No excessive speeding, nor aggressive cornering, nor hard braking.

Tires are silent, great grip in dry and wet, very comfortable. Tires and car felt very sure footed even in heavy rain / downpour.

If you don't mind the high price and ridiculously short tread life, about 30,000KM / 20,000miles, these are great tires.

I will, however, not be purchasing these tires again as I feel they are poor value or poor bang for the buck.
tyre reviewed on May 16, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 CGI Estate (245-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Very good experience with Sport Contact 3 making 18500 miles on the rear. Very similar to the OE Michelins albeit at a lower price. Replaced with Continental Sport Contact 5 which gave similar grip to the 3's except for wear rate. Very disappointed with mileage which was down to 14000, so obviously the 5's use a softer compound. Will not use again.
tyre reviewed on April 30, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Renault Sport Megane 225 (225-40-18-W)
CSC 5 is an excellent tire if you are looking for good road performance and high safety manners, it is outstanding on the wet roads. Very low road noise. Do not attempt to use this tire on track as it has very soft sidewalls and only after 2 - 3 laps it develops ¨butter¨ kind of a feeling. After 22k km of mixed driving with one track day (two 10 min runs) front tyres are down bellow limit of tread depth. If you are looking for a good all around tyre that is capable for mild track use look elsewhere (PSS, AD08R...).
tyre reviewed on April 21, 2015
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio RS200 (215-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
I have a Renault Clio RS 200 which came with Conti Sport Contact 3's They were a fantastic tyre in the dry and wet. I got 13,000 miles from them and this included four track days.

I have changed them for Conti Sport Contact 5's and they have been very poor. Dry handling is average but they don't give much confidence in the wet.

I have put 4,000 mikes on the new tyres mostly over the winter months so they have not had any hard use and the fronts are well over 50% towards the wear indicator.

I will be buying Conti Sport Contact 3's when these tyres need replacing.
tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 55% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-50-17-W)
Bought as replacement for the sport contact 3s. Decent tyres, if a bit noisy. Lots of wheel spin pulling away in the wet, almost causing me to spin into the oncoming traffic at one stage. Wear is pretty bad, not worth the price, have fitted with non-sport tyres which give far better dry and wet driving and hopefully last me longer.
tyre reviewed on March 16, 2015
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (225-40-18-W)
Absolutely brilliant! Amazing in the wet and dry. Give total confidence driving on the ragged edge in the wet and dry! Could not believe how fast you could corner on very wet roads, putting much faster cars to shame. Lasted me 30k miles too, amazing! I just went for Goodyear Asymetric 2's as a replacement, becuase of the review score on here, and I am gutted! They ear awful compared to the Contis, and now I'm stuck with them. Nearly went for these again too, so wish I had!
tyre reviewed on March 9, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: