Continental Sport Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 96 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 857,913 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3

56%

79%

63%

Continental Sport Contact 5 Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-V)
I have Brigestone Potenza before on my Civic Type R EP3. The Continental are way better in the wet.
The Continental SP5 are not performing well at all below 12°C.
The Continental SP5 does not give such a good feedback as the Potenza. The Potenza drives like you would walk bare foot on the road. Increadibly joyful. The Continental is numb compared to the Potenza.
The Continental did around 35000 dispite going 3 times on Italian roads with it, so it does a lot of miles.

In will not buy again the Conti SP5 because of the lack of feeling and low grip under 12°C. It will not buy again the Potenza because it is dangerous on wet roads.
I will buy Nokian Z Lines, we shall see.
tyre reviewed on July 18, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 SportCombi AERO Hirsch (225-45-17-)
in July 2014, I bought a set for my Saab 9-3ss Aero V6 Hirsch, a moderately heavy-at-the-front car which destroyed a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx RT in less than 10k miles.

I have replaced the Contis today. 23k miles over 12 months. With another set of the same. Superb tyres for the money. Oh: and £60 less a set than they were a year ago. Dry and wet grip inspires confidence on A-roads and B-roads and unclassified roads alike. They do get noisy around 2.5mm; and they started tramlining on cats-eyes at 2mm. That's when I replaced them.

For the money (£295 for four) I simply cannot recommend them highly enough.
tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 5 or any other tyre.

Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz (225-45-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 8 average miles
Something weird going on with my replacement set of Conti Contact 5 225 - 45 -18's. I drive a 12 plated Merc C220 CDI Sport Estate. They came with Conti contact 5's, the first set lasted from March 2012 until June 2014. Due to a change in job (and my commute shifting from car to train) I covered 22,500 miles on the first set. I replaced them like for like, and assumed they would last for the remainder of my lease which expires in March 2016 due to my mileage being significantly lower. It is now used primarily for a short school run each day, trips up/down the M23 to visit in laws/family, and 1 return trip to the New Forest last summer. However I was flagged to just having 3mm tread left at the January service, and I now need to replace them later this month. So for some reason the 2nd set has lasted for only 8,000 miles. My supplier is willing to put in a warranty claim on my behalf, but given the pedestrian nature of the cars use in the 13 months since they were fitted I think something is seriously wrong. My only thought was that the longer hot summer last year may have impacted the rubber, but will not be buying these tyres again and will push hard for a refund.
tyre reviewed on July 14, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (235-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 65,000 spirited miles
Currently at 65k on original rear tyres supplied with car, fronts last 20-25k, motorway driving
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
So i bought these tyres last year and I drove most miles on motroways and freeways. The front tires are now below legal tread wear in the middle (and I drive with the proper pressure) and about half done on the edges.

So I will be exchanging the tyres shortly and will not but continental again.

But the grip on both dry and wet roads were incredible for the first 6000 miles and after that the wear has made it more average.
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 Coupe (225-45-17-)
the best tyre i ever had
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 30 average miles
I had this tires on my VW CC standard. Thinking for a top brand the tires would be amazing.

OH I was wrong!!! Firstly after 6 months the thread was down to 2mm and I am not a person who drive aggressively or anything, to me that was as shock,

Secondly when I went to purchase a new set I found them to way over priced!!! not at all worth it!!

But on the upside, the grip is great in wet and dry, and I liked the fact it had a rim protector too. Noise is not the lowest! I had better..

Final Verdict...Don't buy..not worth it...you can better.
tyre reviewed on May 29, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 745LI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
I use the CSC3 manufactured in 10Week Yr2012, it's now renamed CSC5.

I use this on a BMW740Li size 245/50/R18.

These are great tires if $$$ is no obstacle and you don't mind the ridiculously short tread life. These tires lasted me only 20,000miles or slightly above 30,000KM. Driven entirely on motorway / expressway in a very subdue manner. No excessive speeding, nor aggressive cornering, nor hard braking.

Tires are silent, great grip in dry and wet, very comfortable. Tires and car felt very sure footed even in heavy rain / downpour.

If you don't mind the high price and ridiculously short tread life, about 30,000KM / 20,000miles, these are great tires.

I will, however, not be purchasing these tires again as I feel they are poor value or poor bang for the buck.
tyre reviewed on May 16, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 CGI Estate (245-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Very good experience with Sport Contact 3 making 18500 miles on the rear. Very similar to the OE Michelins albeit at a lower price. Replaced with Continental Sport Contact 5 which gave similar grip to the 3's except for wear rate. Very disappointed with mileage which was down to 14000, so obviously the 5's use a softer compound. Will not use again.
tyre reviewed on April 30, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Renault Sport Megane 225 (225-40-18-W)
CSC 5 is an excellent tire if you are looking for good road performance and high safety manners, it is outstanding on the wet roads. Very low road noise. Do not attempt to use this tire on track as it has very soft sidewalls and only after 2 - 3 laps it develops ¨butter¨ kind of a feeling. After 22k km of mixed driving with one track day (two 10 min runs) front tyres are down bellow limit of tread depth. If you are looking for a good all around tyre that is capable for mild track use look elsewhere (PSS, AD08R...).
tyre reviewed on April 21, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: