Continental Sport Contact 5

Progressiveness 79%
Continental Sport Contact 5

The Continental Sport Contact 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3

This tyre has been replaced by the Continental Sport Contact 6

Tyre review data from 104 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 898,923 miles driven.

Reports

225/45 R17 £75.27 - £102.86 (11 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £89.44 - £122.17 (9 prices) Compare Prices >>
235/35 R19 £132.63 - £132.63 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>

Continental Sport Contact 5 Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (235-40-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
The self sealing version were fitted to my 200bhp CC from the factory. They did last longer than on the front of my previous S Max but were down to the TWI by 10k. Those were replaced with P zeros which gave better handling and lasted 11k. The o/e rears are still at 5mm after 21k.
Just had standard SC5 fitted to front and they do seem better handling than originals. Quieter than Pirellis too.
I just wish tyre test could see long term use reports as available from the users here , as assessing a new tyre over a short testing regime doesn't mimic real life performance.
tyre reviewed on January 12, 2016
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 190 (225-45-18-)
Outstanding tyre! The last owner had fitted some Chinese Death Rings to the front and it still had some worn Sport Contact 3's fitted to the rear, which made for an interesting combination, so much so, that I would try and avoid driving the car in the wet if at all possible! The Sport Contact 5's have transformed the car and whilst driving the car recently in torrential rain, I had complete confidence! Well worth the money!
tyre reviewed on January 3, 2016
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz s320 cdi (275-35-20-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 12,000 easy going miles
Good tyre in wet and dry... But wear..12.000km easy driving on motorway and now almost gone..
Next tire will be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Aero 1.9 TTiD (225-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
Had continental sport contact 3 which did 20,000 miles on the front of my Saab 93 aero.bought sport contact 5 this year to replace,excellent grip in wet and dry but wear is very poor,need replacement after 8000 miles.going back to sport contact 3 which are almost as good but last much longer
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 20, 2015
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
I have a Mini JCW (210BHP Turbo)and am a big fan of Conti sport tyres as I always put the conti 2s on my old BMW 328i Sport and got 20K (miles)minimum.

I had Yokohama S drive on my old Supercharged Mini running 230bhp and again was looking at 20k. The Conti Sport 5 have done 6K and are just legal, the wife mainly does the school run and uses it for work (it is easy to park she says). She can be a bit spirited, even so the tyres on them and have melted in 6 months, I use the car generally twice a week, about 20 miles and although put my foot down am far from pushing the car hard. Reading one comment that the tyre wear is "horrific" I can only agree, I really expected so much more from a brand I have always preferred to use.
tyre reviewed on September 29, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (205-50-17-W)
The grip is fantastic wet or dry. To get the economy the tyres raise to reduce the contact patch when travelling straight, but this translates to a feeling of instability at speed as the tyre raises and drops. The wear rate is horrific, I'm down to the wear limit in 6000 miles. Very disappointed as auto express rated them the best tyre 2015, I guess they didn't test wear rates. I will not buy them again. I've ordered some Nokian zLine to replace them.
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2015
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A250 AMG Sport (225-45-18-)
Aweful tyres. Would not go near them. No grip and slip when on sharp low speed turning.
tyre reviewed on August 1, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-V)
I have Brigestone Potenza before on my Civic Type R EP3. The Continental are way better in the wet.
The Continental SP5 are not performing well at all below 12°C.
The Continental SP5 does not give such a good feedback as the Potenza. The Potenza drives like you would walk bare foot on the road. Increadibly joyful. The Continental is numb compared to the Potenza.
The Continental did around 35000 dispite going 3 times on Italian roads with it, so it does a lot of miles.

In will not buy again the Conti SP5 because of the lack of feeling and low grip under 12°C. It will not buy again the Potenza because it is dangerous on wet roads.
I will buy Nokian Z Lines, we shall see.
tyre reviewed on July 18, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 SportCombi AERO Hirsch (225-45-17-)
in July 2014, I bought a set for my Saab 9-3ss Aero V6 Hirsch, a moderately heavy-at-the-front car which destroyed a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx RT in less than 10k miles.

I have replaced the Contis today. 23k miles over 12 months. With another set of the same. Superb tyres for the money. Oh: and £60 less a set than they were a year ago. Dry and wet grip inspires confidence on A-roads and B-roads and unclassified roads alike. They do get noisy around 2.5mm; and they started tramlining on cats-eyes at 2mm. That's when I replaced them.

For the money (£295 for four) I simply cannot recommend them highly enough.
tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015