Continental Sport Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 83 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 648,375 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3

55%

79%

64%

Continental Sport Contact 5 Reviews

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero 2.8 V6 convertible (225-45-17-)
Car is a Saab 9-3ss Hirsch V6, running 235/45/17 size. Highly recommend!

I submitted a review in April '13, when I replaced my Dunlop Sportmaxx RT set with the Conti SC5's. The Dunlops were marginally quieter & a little better on fuel consumption; but wore within 9k miles to 3mm tread.

The Contis are now at nearly 17k miles (approaching 10 months daily usage, mostly A-roads) and, even after swapping fronts and rears in December, at between 5mm and 6mm. These tyres are supreme on standing water at speed - none of the skittishness that I had with the Dunlops. Dry grip is really good, too - not that I "fling" the car brutally; but there are some roads where I used to feel the limit on the Dunlops, whereas I still have total grip (and no hint of limit) with the Contis.
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 316 (225-45-17-W)
Overall a VERY good tyre. Amazing grip in the dry and outstanding in the wet, even with ALOT of water on the road.

Drove somewhere between 10 - 15000km with those, until the thread had gone down to under 3mm. At this point, the tyres were starting to get a bit exciting to drive with, in wet conditions. I could easily make them spin, and has a tendency to lock up the brakes. But the rest of the time, it was the most awesome tyre i've ever tried. Im a spirited driver.
tyre reviewed on February 8, 2015
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 5 or any other tyre.

Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max Titanium X Sport (235-45-18-W)
Tried these on the front of my 200 bhp S Max. Great grip as per expected from Contis however as other reviews they were getting to be slicks after 5000 miles. The S Max on sports suspension with 18' alloys does eat tyres but this was comical. New car has arrived on these with self seal and after 5000 miles still have plenty of tread maybe the VW CC is lighter on the front or they could have changed the compound.
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C200 CDI Sport (225-45-17-)
Very good tyre. Drive them on my Mercedes (C-Class 2010) with 225/45/17. The tyres are great at wet and dry weather.
There is 1 cons - they are too soft and almost every hole make a "bubble". For about 40 000km bought 6 tyres.
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 140 TDI Sport Estate (235-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 16,000 average miles
Factory fitted tyres... Lasted 16k on the front axle and 48k on the rear. the tyres were good but I expected longer lifespan from the fronts
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (235-45-17-)
I do a lot of all season driving and the tyres did extremley well in all conditions. They gave excellent mileage 42000 on a powerfull diesel vehicle
the self seal technology is state of the art. I would like to fit them again but is hard to find and very expensive
tyre reviewed on November 23, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Celica VVTLi (205-45-17-W)
Excellent and brilliant tyres in all aspects of weather and road conditions and braking.

If you do alot of regular spirited driving and many many miles then you will wear these tyres rapidly in 6 months.

If you dont regularly do much spirited driving and are a normal driver then these tyres should last you much longer, approximately 2 years.

Overall I would definately reccommend these tyres in regards to my experience above.
tyre reviewed on November 5, 2014
Given 72% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (225-45-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,250 easy going miles
Car Ford Mondeo 2010, 115 hp Diesel

These tires are without doubt the best tires I have ever had when it comes to grip. Especially accelerating around corners provide superb grip. But this comes with a cost of extremely high wear. I put these tires on this spring and have done aprox 10.000 km on mostly highways and freeways and already the front tires is at the 4 mm mark so I can expect a maximum of 15.000 km and that is less than half from the Michelins I had before with the same driving style.

Good tires but no value at all.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz Vito (225-45-17-)
245/45R18 100Y. Standard fit on the Vito SportX 122cdi. Great all round tyres, except for wear! These tyres seem to be more at home on a track day than the road. My rears are shot and have not managed 7000 miles. Poor value for money.
tyre reviewed on October 27, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
had these fitted to my 1.25L petrol fiesta last week and the difference is unbelievable.

I had Bridgestone E300s on previously which have been totally out done.

I bought these tyres wanting great grip in both wet and dry and that is exactly what I have got.

My Bridgestones were pretty bad in the wet, they span all the time and I slid around a fair bit.
it's near impossible to spin them on the Conti's, I feel ten times safer knowing I am heading in to winter weather!

I know they will wear down quick but I bought them knowing this... I suppose a softer compound all round grippier tyre will wear down quicker.
but I would rather spend an extra £100 on tyres than risk my life on lesser quality ones.

I paid £220 for 4 brand new including fitting!

will be getting these again for sure!
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: