Continental Sport Contact 5

Show all: Continental tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Continental Sport Contact 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 102 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 896,913 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3

Continental Sport Contact 5

Continental Sport Contact 5 Reviews

Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz s320 cdi (275-35-20-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 12,000 easy going miles
Good tyre in wet and dry... But wear..12.000km easy driving on motorway and now almost gone..
Next tire will be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Aero 1.9 TTiD (225-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
Had continental sport contact 3 which did 20,000 miles on the front of my Saab 93 aero.bought sport contact 5 this year to replace,excellent grip in wet and dry but wear is very poor,need replacement after 8000 miles.going back to sport contact 3 which are almost as good but last much longer
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2015
Looking to buy the Continental Sport Contact 5? Click here to search for the best price for the Continental Sport Contact 5 or any other tyre.
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 20, 2015
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
I have a Mini JCW (210BHP Turbo)and am a big fan of Conti sport tyres as I always put the conti 2s on my old BMW 328i Sport and got 20K (miles)minimum.

I had Yokohama S drive on my old Supercharged Mini running 230bhp and again was looking at 20k. The Conti Sport 5 have done 6K and are just legal, the wife mainly does the school run and uses it for work (it is easy to park she says). She can be a bit spirited, even so the tyres on them and have melted in 6 months, I use the car generally twice a week, about 20 miles and although put my foot down am far from pushing the car hard. Reading one comment that the tyre wear is "horrific" I can only agree, I really expected so much more from a brand I have always preferred to use.
tyre reviewed on September 29, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (205-50-17-W)
The grip is fantastic wet or dry. To get the economy the tyres raise to reduce the contact patch when travelling straight, but this translates to a feeling of instability at speed as the tyre raises and drops. The wear rate is horrific, I'm down to the wear limit in 6000 miles. Very disappointed as auto express rated them the best tyre 2015, I guess they didn't test wear rates. I will not buy them again. I've ordered some Nokian zLine to replace them.
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2015
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A250 AMG Sport (225-45-18-)
Aweful tyres. Would not go near them. No grip and slip when on sharp low speed turning.
tyre reviewed on August 1, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-V)
I have Brigestone Potenza before on my Civic Type R EP3. The Continental are way better in the wet.
The Continental SP5 are not performing well at all below 12°C.
The Continental SP5 does not give such a good feedback as the Potenza. The Potenza drives like you would walk bare foot on the road. Increadibly joyful. The Continental is numb compared to the Potenza.
The Continental did around 35000 dispite going 3 times on Italian roads with it, so it does a lot of miles.

In will not buy again the Conti SP5 because of the lack of feeling and low grip under 12°C. It will not buy again the Potenza because it is dangerous on wet roads.
I will buy Nokian Z Lines, we shall see.
tyre reviewed on July 18, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 SportCombi AERO Hirsch (225-45-17-)
in July 2014, I bought a set for my Saab 9-3ss Aero V6 Hirsch, a moderately heavy-at-the-front car which destroyed a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx RT in less than 10k miles.

I have replaced the Contis today. 23k miles over 12 months. With another set of the same. Superb tyres for the money. Oh: and £60 less a set than they were a year ago. Dry and wet grip inspires confidence on A-roads and B-roads and unclassified roads alike. They do get noisy around 2.5mm; and they started tramlining on cats-eyes at 2mm. That's when I replaced them.

For the money (£295 for four) I simply cannot recommend them highly enough.
tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz (225-45-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 8 average miles
Something weird going on with my replacement set of Conti Contact 5 225 - 45 -18's. I drive a 12 plated Merc C220 CDI Sport Estate. They came with Conti contact 5's, the first set lasted from March 2012 until June 2014. Due to a change in job (and my commute shifting from car to train) I covered 22,500 miles on the first set. I replaced them like for like, and assumed they would last for the remainder of my lease which expires in March 2016 due to my mileage being significantly lower. It is now used primarily for a short school run each day, trips up/down the M23 to visit in laws/family, and 1 return trip to the New Forest last summer. However I was flagged to just having 3mm tread left at the January service, and I now need to replace them later this month. So for some reason the 2nd set has lasted for only 8,000 miles. My supplier is willing to put in a warranty claim on my behalf, but given the pedestrian nature of the cars use in the 13 months since they were fitted I think something is seriously wrong. My only thought was that the longer hot summer last year may have impacted the rubber, but will not be buying these tyres again and will push hard for a refund.
tyre reviewed on July 14, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen CC (235-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 65,000 spirited miles
Currently at 65k on original rear tyres supplied with car, fronts last 20-25k, motorway driving
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: