Cooper Discoverer A/TR

Cooper Discoverer ATR Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 73% while driving a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (275/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 31,000 spirited miles
Bought my Chevy truck with these on fairly new, never seen them before. In awe at how much pounding they took. I was hitting curbs, driving over ugly looking rocks and the tires had no problems. The tires are 6+ years old and I've done 3kkm road trips with no problems. For this alone I am getting another set. Alas I managed to drive straight over a bottle and get a nasty puncture, which while mended makes me think the tires are getting old enough to swap.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2015
Given 90% while driving a Isuzu KB 280 DT 4x4 (245/75 R16) on mostly motorways for 100 average miles
Hi I bought Cooper Discoverer AT tyres for my Isuzu KB 280 DT 4x4 a number of years back and think they are fantastic tyres. I got over 80 000kms out of them - they handled extremely well on my 4x4 and yes they were not the greatest off road - well as an All Terrain they were very good. Most of my travelling is on road anyway so what do you expect. I currently have Cooper ST's on my van - they are noisier than the ATR, but off road handling is very good. On road is suprisingly ok, but the ATR were tops! I would like to have 2 setsof tyres - 1 set of ATR and one set of ST!! :)
Allan from Pinetown South Africa
6 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2012
Given 76% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17 R) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
I have had these for 55,000 kms on a Landcruiser & found them a good all-round tyre. Road noise is good for an all terrain tyre and they have done about 10% off road time, mostly beach & bush tracks. Play with the tyre pressures & I haven't had any chipping etc. This tyre gives the versatility that the OEM tyres simply don't - and they wear better - the toyota is an AWD all the time and is known to be hard on tyre wear and these will last twice as long as the OEM tyres. Would recommend again.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2012
Given 86% while driving a Toyota 99 Hilux SR5 4WD (265/70 R15 R) on a combination of roads for 57 average miles
Gday,

I use to have the Bridgestone ATRs which I thought were not that bad until I tried these Cooper ATRs.

On loose off road\tracks there is no tracking of the rear tyres no tyre punchers. If you get these you dont know what tyre pressure you should have when off roading. I always have my tyres at 28psi or maybe 24psi when on loose off road tracks and have NEVER had a problem and I'm upto my second set so thats over 100,000kms and no probs.

When driving on road I have 34psi in the tyres. Drive for 30min and then chk again. Will buy these again and again and will recommend them to anyone.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2012
Given 90% while driving a Mazda Bongo 2.5 TD 4x4 Campervan (205/70 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I was running a set of budget tyres on my Mazda Bongo 4x4 Canpervan but wanted something a more robust and less prone to punctures on tracks and fields. After checking out the various leading brands I was looking at well over £120 a corner until I read about the Cooper Discoverer ATR's. I managed to get a set for £77 a corner and haven't regretted my purchase in anyway at all (nice looking too). A few months back I was out in a terrible rain storm on the motorway and they were fantastic. Just this week I was climbing steep snow covered hills that other 4x4's with low profile tyres couldn't get up. In the dry they are fine and also not noisy like most people think. A brilliant buy and I would highly recommend these to anyone who wants a safe and versatile set of All Terrain's that are certainly very good on any surface.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2012
Given 46% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 20 average miles
as they wear you a tram lining effect in the steering Severe chipping on the edge of the tread when traveling on outback gravel roads or 4wd tracks.
Had 2 tyres with cuts through to the steel in tread area. Tyre pressures were reduced for gravel roads and speeds were about 80-90 Kilometers/hour.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2011
Given 89% while driving a Kia Motors (245/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Excellent tyres, smooth and comfortable with surprisingly civilised road manners. These are actually quieter than the stock road tyres that came with my Sorento (Kumho KL21's)! Very sure in snow and ice with plenty of 'feel'. I will be buying these again !
0 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2011
Given 98% while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (235/65 R17 R) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
recent change of tyre -now the cooper rated on the "ogri" scale as a 6 so much better than the original goodyear wrangler m/s scoring only 2.
so far in deep road water no sign of aqua planing with no movement when hitting the large volumes of water in recent days. Normal road use produces noticible LESS road noise despite the much deeper tread -(over 10mm )
So Far extremely pleased, will come back with more info when i've done a load more miles( 1000 miles done in 3 weeks so far)
0 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2011
Given 81% while driving a Nissan Navara 2.5tdi (255/65 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 19 spirited miles
A very good tyre if you do a fairly large amount of snow or off road driving. 19,000 Miles done, with 5mm still left, so would not need to replace them for normal road use for a while yet but the of road edge/ability has gone on them. No real road noise to worry about even though a good off road chunky tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2010