Cooper Zeon 2XS

Cooper Zeon 2XS Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 76% while driving a Nissan 300ZX (275/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Really pleased with these. Second set of the exact same tyres I've had on this car and it's done a range of country lanes, motorways, track days, drag strips and town driving. I have them on the rears, with Falken 452s on the front and I've got to say, on the track, in the corners that matter, that Falkens give out before the Coopers. The car is 400bhp @ the hubs, so roughly 480 at the flywheel, very heavily modified and with equal amounts of torque to bhp, yet the rears very rarely break loose outside of 2nd gear in the dry (If I could find a tyre that didn't in 1st or 2nd I'd be amazed), the Falkens on the fronts on the other hand, start to give me a wobbly feeling in hard corners at Silverstone and last year on Donnington. Comfort and noise is a little hard to tell in this car obviously, but I'd say they offer better comfort than the Falkens, which have a metal band in the sidewalls. Wear really doesn't seem too bad either, I've done probably 15k road miles, with the combination mentioned above and 5k track/strip miles with these on the rear of a rear wheel drive 480bhp car and the tyres still look very good condition, with plenty of tread, plenty of grip, etc.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2016
Given 74% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Have these fitted to all four corners of my Honda Civic type R, they where fitted whe. I got the car and had covered a good 6000 poss more and I have done at least 2000 on them been to a few drag strips plenty meat left on them. Grip in the dry is really surprisingly good in the wet a bit sketchy but once you no how far you can push them they are good. Road noise I can't really comment on as I can't here them for my exhaust lol. Overall very impressed with this tyre. Will be keeping to these as the value is great for them 120 for a pair can't grumble.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2015
Given 36% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 25 easy going miles
Only got 25k miles out of these on my mazda3 (and that's normal wear/tear from driving to work 3xweek). They were great for a little while, and made the mazda fun to drive. As soon as they started wearing down they were way to noisy. I felt every little crack in the road. Do not recommend.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2013
Given 41% while driving a Rover 75 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Not impressed
4 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2012
Given 76% while driving a Audi RS6 Quattro (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Have them on my RS6, almost 14K miles, they have been kerbed a few times to the point where bits of rubber hang off and people point it out, been in the dry (up to 165mph), wet and snow (as in the alps). For the price, I cannot fault them and I'm fitting a new set shortly.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2012
Given 83% while driving a SEAT Cordoba Sport 2.0 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Really good tire, excellent grip in rain and wear is also good with 20000 miles they have 6 mm of tread depth so I hope they will last another 40000 miles
0 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2012
Given 70% while driving a Audi A5 (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Excellent value for money in this size. A reasonable all round performance on a front drive Audi which could easily use tyres at twice the price. My comments are based on recent experience of Dunlop, Goodyear and continental. Used in the west of Scotland which in recent weeks has been wet and cold with some ice overnight. These tyres offer decent grip in the dry and rarely let go in the wet and cold. No snow yet however they are not winter tyres. Noise and comfort are no worse than the dunlops they replaced. I don't expect them to last as long as the dunlops but should match continental for wear. Tyres come with damage warranty, very useful in this area as the road surfaces are poor.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2012
Given 69% while driving a Nissan R33 GTST 2.5 turbo RWD (245/35 R19 W) on track for 0 spirited miles
i bought a pair of these brand new for my front wheels only one day before a open pit track day at keevil airfield 22 oct 2011

Im running 408 bhp and they were not too bad!
turning in at high speeds i got a tiny bit of understeer but when they warmed up they got much better

ive got bridgestone potenza's (275/35/19) on the rears and they are awesome and the coopers on the front didnt let me down to be fair

i would get these again but only at the same kinda price i paid
(private ebay ad £150 the pair brand new delivered)

at the normal price from regular tyre dealers id probably try another brand instead.. thats not bad mouthing the coopers mind - just why not not shop around and try them all..

the weather was 100% dry on my track day so i dont know what they are like in the wet etc

id give them: 7/10
0 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2011
Given 50% while driving a MG ZTT 135 diesel (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Had these fitted to my MG ZTT. Generally not too bad but not fantastic in the wet. That said this is a 2 ton diesel auto barge with comfort suspension not a V8. Most horrifying is wear. I went to get a puncture fixed today and the other one (front) was down to 2mm with only 11,000 miles of easy driving. At 150 quid a corner they are not cheap, but in my opinion are a bigged up budget tyre. Bit the bullet and I have fitted Bridgestones RE50A this time so we'll see.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2011
Given 33% while driving a BMW X5 3.0d Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,500 average miles
i purchased 2 cooper xeons for my bmw x5 front last august 2010,i have covered 4500 miles since then and then tyres are nearly illegal,no harsh driving just everyday use.At £150 per tyre,i wont be using these again.National tyres in yeovil recommended these and have now washed there hands of the situation. The tarcking and camber is perfect so i put it down to the tyres,also the tyre bead has also started to perish on both sides.Never again.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2011