Davanti DX640

The Davanti DX640 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 52 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 426,046 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Davanti DX640
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX640

Questions and Answers for the Davanti DX640

2019-05-16 - I am considering changing my tyres to a set of Davanti DX 640 the designated size for the rear set for my BMW 7series is 275/35/20 can I fit 275/40/20??

Sorry I'm unable to comment on specific fitment changes. Check out an owners club or speak directly to BMW.

Top Davanti DX640 Review

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
had 4 put on my vw golf and i have to say im well impressed stick like glue even in the wet top marks mileage yet to be confirmed how ever looking so far so good.
259 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2016

Latest Davanti DX640 Reviews

Have you driven on the Davanti DX640 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the DX640.

Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 308 (215/55 R17 W) on for 0 miles
I have just fitted all four tyres on my peugeot 308. Very very comfort and quiet. The road feedback is excellent as the continental. Gripping is good either in dry or wet road . The amazing is the rolling resistance - acceleration, steering, and gliding get Large improvements. I feel that my car becomes another different car which is easier to drive.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2019
Given 93% while driving a BMW 640d (275/30 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Just swapped a full set of Bridgestone potenza re050 for these tyres on my 640d and am really impressed, they have transformed the car, really quiet, superb wet and dry grip and have taken the harshness out of the ride, would definitely buy again.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Blue Eff. (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,600 average miles
Now completed just over 10,000 miles in e220cdi. Live close to a55 and speeds are often between 50 and 70. Front tyre are now just below 70ml and the rears at 6.4. So will expect 30,000 miles off them. Comfort has been very good with road noise levels reduced dramatically against my Continentals (these gave me almost 30k too) So, with the more favourable cost I shall use again unless wear suddenly increases!!
2 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2019
Given 90% while driving a BMW 640d (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Good grip in dry and wet. Predictable handling,very posituve turn-in. Very quiet tyres. Too early to tell yet about the wear life.
14 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2019
Given 40% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225/35 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres came fitted to the car when we bought it, all 4 brand new had been fitted by the garage before we collected car.

I was concerned as I had never heard of the brand but did not want to replace brand new tyres so thought I would give them a go.

tyres were ok at first dry and wet grip were reasonable although not amazing. But after a few months the tyres went downhill fast, dry grip became no better than average and wet grip was downright dangerous.

Front wheels spin up when pulling away from junctions even in the dry and handling at any speed over 40mph is poor. In the wet the tyres are just plain dangerous, front wheels spin up and send the traction control crazy even on the slightest use of the throttle and the car aquaplains at speed regularly, it's like trying to drive on ice.

After 2 almost accidents due to aquaplaining and the car being completely out of control in the wet the tyres were removed as I considered them dangerous, fronts still had around 5mm of tread rears around 7mm. They were replaced with Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3 tyres all round and these tyres even after 6 months of spirited driving are still providing excellent grip in both dry and wet, just shows how bad the davanti tyres really are.

Worst tyres I have ever had fitted to a car, average at best in dry and dangerous in the wet. Do not buy.
20 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2019