Davanti DX640

The Davanti DX640 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 42 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 379,596 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Davanti DX640
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX640
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Davanti DX640. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Davanti DX640 Review

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
had 4 put on my vw golf and i have to say im well impressed stick like glue even in the wet top marks mileage yet to be confirmed how ever looking so far so good.
217 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2016

Latest Davanti DX640 Reviews

Have you driven on the Davanti DX640 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the DX640.

Given 61% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 cdi (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Hi, I'm no expert so here goes. The four 225/50/r17 seem to run well on my recently bought Merc 220, however I have 1 problem in that with tyres still having substantial tread on them I was a bit surprised that within 2 hours of parking on my drive on top of a light dusting (10mm) snow it had slid approximately 3m and hit the front wall...I'f the wall had not been there it would of been on the main road. Back offside bumper now in need of repair. It's not a steep drive either...probably 1:20...when I took it off the drive for safety and parked in on the roadside I couldn't pull off or go up or down the slight hill (with about 10mm compacted snow). I had to leave the car their for 36 hours till the roads improved while watching every other car imaginable drive up and down the hill with little or no effort. so really looking to change these out now as I work away and can't afford to get caught on the motorway while snowing with these tyres as I don't think I would survive...and I really mean that...never had a problem with my old Puegeot 407 slipping down the drive on Pirelli's ...beware
0 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz 220 cdi advantgarde (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,140 average miles
Mercedese220cdi back again after 5140 miles in 5 months averaging between 50 and 70 mph on A 55. Wear has been very even and all tyres are now on 7mm. Without doubt they are the quietest tyres I have ever purchased and although the weather has been pleasant (no snow or ice yet!) I would purchase again unless there is a massive deterioration over the next 5000 miles or so.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2019
Given 17% while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (215/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 4,000 spirited miles
Can only imagine that these tyres were cheap or were on offer when a full set of four was fitted to my car by the previous owner.
Grip in the dry is poor, grip in the wet is even worse. They tyres really excel on cold damp roads where the feeling that someone has let the tyres down and smeared them in lard is somewhat exciting. Nothing beats the feeling of under steering around every corner you point them at.
When they finally do grip, the flex in the side walls is impressive as is the de-lamination of the outer layers rubber.

In about 4000 miles the fronts were shot (I’ve swapped them out for another brand) and in an attempt to shorten the misery I’ve put the other Davanti’s on the front.
13 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz 220 cdi advantgarde (265/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,200 average miles
Early days yet but so far so good. 245/40/18 on front and 265/35/18 on rear. Had wheel alignment done at Lobitos in Prestatyn. I live within half mile of a55 so speeds are between 50 and 70 on a daily basis. The quietness compared to my previous Continentals is outstanding. Wear from the Continentals was good so hope Davanti perform as well, fingered crossed!! Update perhaps in 10000 miles?
14 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco R 265 PS DSG (235/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 26,000 average miles
Have a pair on the front of my Scirocco R that have done 26k miles and still have 2mm on them. At £90 a corner that seems to me good value. While I tend to be sedate away from the lights, I drive the car aggressively on B roads and I have never had any concerning moments.
16 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2018