Debica Frigo HP2

The Debica Frigo HP2 is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Debica Frigo HP

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 23,600 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 19th of 21 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the snow, low fuel use
  • Negative - Poor wet and dry grip, high noise
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 19th of 47 tyres

2018 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Good value winter tyres with balance driving on snow and dry roads. Short braking distances in all weather conditions.
  • Negative - Average handling in the wet.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Debica Frigo HP2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Debica Frigo HP2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Debica Frigo HP2 Review

Given 100% while driving a Skoda Superb 3 L&K 4x4 Combi 2.0TD (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Fitted to winter wheels - used from Nov 2017. After reading reviews I initially wondered if I had made the best decision as they are said to be too extreme for use in the UK - how wrong can some reviews be?

They are perfect for everyday usage and when the "beast from the east" arrived - I laughed! - I was effortlessly driving in the outside lane on dual carriageways and motorways in conditions that had most people crawling in the inside lanes. It was incredible watching other motorists with their knuckles white at their wheels. Traction from a standing start on ice and snow was faultless with no wheel-spin at all.

Fuel consumption is virtually the same as when the car is on OEM 18" Pirelli P7 sport tyres. I have not noticed any issues with longer braking, or excess noise etc. in my normal everyday driving.
75 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2018

Latest Debica Frigo HP2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Debica Frigo HP2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Frigo HP2.

Given 90% while driving a BMW F10 520d SE (225/55 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
I am very pleased with them. I mounted them on the car in October 2018 and made 10000 km.
Now I want to take Debica Presto UHP2 for the summer, I hope to make a good choice.
9 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Volvo S80 2.5T Executive (225/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Hi guys! This is my first review here.
So winter came and I needed some budget winter tyres as my old 2013 Vredstein Xtreme Giugiaros became unbearable, noisy, hard crashing over potholes, no grip on ice, etc.

First I want to mention that I love comfort before anything, that is quietness and low NVH in my car (noise, vibration, harshness) so I looked for good budget winter tyres with good levels of comfort and low noise.

I got the tyres in 225 55 17 and I was impressed with the "cushy" ride. I do have the electronic adaptive suspension on my S80 but compared against my old Vredsteins, those were like blocks of concrete, felt like my entire suspension was shot to pieces when going over potholes.

I can't score the snow and ice grip yet because I missed the days when we had it, but I can tell you that wet grip and dry grip on cold days is very very good. They are very quiet, off course compared to my old Vredsteins and the summer tyres I removed. Keep in mind these are budget tyres, I wonder how premium ones are in terms of noise.

Indeed, as some tests and previous reviews stated, the handling suffers. I found it a little bit scary at first to be honest, the "barge like" feeling is very high, good for comfort, but if you plan on pushing the speed limits and\or taking some hard corners I recommend either increasing the pressure or switching the suspension to Sport.

Overall, if you're looking for good budget winter tyres and you prefer comfort and the old "barge like" feeling you can 100% go for these.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2018
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (215/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Advantages: very good traction on snowy roads, on ice also, there were no problems at all. Good braking on dry. Consumption in very close to my summer tyres ( Falken Ziex 310 Ecorun), good feeling on the road. Disadvantages: requires a little more attention at braking on wet/humid roads close to freezing temperatures, comfort is not so good for a winter tyre, more towards a summer one. Noisy but not annoying. I am a fan of good tyres at a fair price. Compared to the other set of Kleber Krisalp HP3 on the another car, Debi├ža is low only on comfort and wet braking. Good tyre for it's price.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2018