Dunlop Grandtrek ST30

The Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 59% over 291,820 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop Grandtrek ST30
225/60 R18 100H   C C 70 12.10kgs

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop Grandtrek ST30

2018-10-15 - Just fitted 4 new grandtrek st 30 tyres one 2017 manufacture has a different tread pattern to the other three 2016 code not happy one is different did they change tread pattern or is this a counterfeit tyre

I'd be surprised if they'd changed the tread pattern, unless one is OE approved. Dunlop will be able to answer you with specifics.

Top Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 Review

Given 39% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
Had Bridestone on my CRV Mk3 then continental and now dunlop - By far dunlop must be the worst tyre to use on AWD motors.
209 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2014

Latest Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Grandtrek ST30.

Given 95% while driving a Nissan X Trail (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 68,000 easy going miles
110k KM driven - about to change now.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2019
Given 53% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225/65 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 21,000 average miles
I inherited these tyres with a RAV4. On the positive side, the wear has been brilliant. They hardly seem to wear down at all, not even half worn on the rear tyres and over 18 months years old, 14,000 miles a year. The handling was not what I would have expected - I thought that they would be ideal as I live in rural Wiltshire and travel a lot on wet, muddy, icy and occasionally snowy roads. Sadly, the handling is poor and I have no more confidence in these tyres than ordinary summer tyres.Another example - the road we live on is down a slight hill, about 35% and in Feb / March 2018 we had some snow and it was impossible to get up the hill - just the same as my neighbours with their summer tyres.. The M + S (mud and snow) rating of these tyres doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. The crunch came when the driver in front of me, going through some roadworks, had to suddenly stop because of a manoeuvring truck. I really had to slam on the brakes. We were only going slowly through the roadworks (25mph) on a damp drizzly morning, but the car just wasn't able to stop in time. I changed them straight away to Bridgestone a005s (depsite the tyre fitters telling me that I had loads of wear left) because I just have no confidence in them anymore. Don't know if the a005s as I have only had them for 3 days now.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019
Given 66% while driving a Honda CRV 2.0 2009 (225/65 R17 T) on mostly town for 28,000 spirited miles
This came with my 3rd gen Honda CR-V. Got them since the first time I bought the car and they're pretty okay. As an asymmetrical tyre I think they're pretty decent if you're talking about performance, I got a good mileage on it. I drove about 60% city and 40% highway I could get 22.5 mpg consistently. Good handling and stability on high-speeds, great dry grip, good wet grip, very little waterplanning so it's good so far. The problem I had was with tread wear and noise level, and overall comfort on the road. I'm not sure why I just never felt the tyres all that comfortable, they can be a bit rough on bumpy roads and noisy on high speeds. I can tell this especially after I swapped them with another brand just last week.

I had 4 of them replaced on 2015 and after good 28,000 miles and 3 years, 2 of those 4 tyres went cracking and slips here and there when I climbed uphill. Got worried there so I replaced them with another brand tyres and I wished I've done that earlier. Overall the tyres isn't bad but there are other options out there for the price offering. Personally I wouldn't try get any of these again.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2018
Given 48% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 800 average miles
It came on standard equipment for RAV 4 Hybrid 2017. I drove its for 800km with a bitter dissapointment.There are OK tyres, just ok because as most of the all season you cannot use it on winter. Small snow with a little bit of ice is the final countdown for its..I will no recomand this tires to anyone.
14 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18 H) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
An average tyre on dry, straight line driving on smooth surface roads but noisy on rougher road surfaces, do wear faster than I'm used to. Poor fuel economy/rolling resistance. Brake well during straight line heavy braking. On my RAV4 2016 back tyres let go too easily and the tail hangs out as though riding on an oily road; worst tyre I've ever driven on in any car for this. Given their overall performance on my RAV4 these are about the worst tyre I've ever had and would not buy them again if there was another reasonable brand available. I will drive these tyres to get wear out of them before off-loading them as the wet winter weather approaches and they become too uncertain and skittish. Could not recommend them based upon my experience and I don't push my tyres up to their limits as a rule.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2017