Dunlop Grandtrek ST30

Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 53% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225/65 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 21,000 average miles
I inherited these tyres with a RAV4. On the positive side, the wear has been brilliant. They hardly seem to wear down at all, not even half worn on the rear tyres and over 18 months years old, 14,000 miles a year. The handling was not what I would have expected - I thought that they would be ideal as I live in rural Wiltshire and travel a lot on wet, muddy, icy and occasionally snowy roads. Sadly, the handling is poor and I have no more confidence in these tyres than ordinary summer tyres.Another example - the road we live on is down a slight hill, about 35% and in Feb / March 2018 we had some snow and it was impossible to get up the hill - just the same as my neighbours with their summer tyres.. The M + S (mud and snow) rating of these tyres doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. The crunch came when the driver in front of me, going through some roadworks, had to suddenly stop because of a manoeuvring truck. I really had to slam on the brakes. We were only going slowly through the roadworks (25mph) on a damp drizzly morning, but the car just wasn't able to stop in time. I changed them straight away to Bridgestone a005s (depsite the tyre fitters telling me that I had loads of wear left) because I just have no confidence in them anymore. Don't know if the a005s as I have only had them for 3 days now.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019
Given 66% while driving a Honda CRV 2.0 2009 (225/65 R17 T) on mostly town for 28,000 spirited miles
This came with my 3rd gen Honda CR-V. Got them since the first time I bought the car and they're pretty okay. As an asymmetrical tyre I think they're pretty decent if you're talking about performance, I got a good mileage on it. I drove about 60% city and 40% highway I could get 22.5 mpg consistently. Good handling and stability on high-speeds, great dry grip, good wet grip, very little waterplanning so it's good so far. The problem I had was with tread wear and noise level, and overall comfort on the road. I'm not sure why I just never felt the tyres all that comfortable, they can be a bit rough on bumpy roads and noisy on high speeds. I can tell this especially after I swapped them with another brand just last week.

I had 4 of them replaced on 2015 and after good 28,000 miles and 3 years, 2 of those 4 tyres went cracking and slips here and there when I climbed uphill. Got worried there so I replaced them with another brand tyres and I wished I've done that earlier. Overall the tyres isn't bad but there are other options out there for the price offering. Personally I wouldn't try get any of these again.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2018
Given 48% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 800 average miles
It came on standard equipment for RAV 4 Hybrid 2017. I drove its for 800km with a bitter dissapointment.There are OK tyres, just ok because as most of the all season you cannot use it on winter. Small snow with a little bit of ice is the final countdown for its..I will no recomand this tires to anyone.
14 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18 H) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
An average tyre on dry, straight line driving on smooth surface roads but noisy on rougher road surfaces, do wear faster than I'm used to. Poor fuel economy/rolling resistance. Brake well during straight line heavy braking. On my RAV4 2016 back tyres let go too easily and the tail hangs out as though riding on an oily road; worst tyre I've ever driven on in any car for this. Given their overall performance on my RAV4 these are about the worst tyre I've ever had and would not buy them again if there was another reasonable brand available. I will drive these tyres to get wear out of them before off-loading them as the wet winter weather approaches and they become too uncertain and skittish. Could not recommend them based upon my experience and I don't push my tyres up to their limits as a rule.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Nissan X Trail 2.5 petrol (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 27,000 spirited miles
Best overall performance for the price. Superbly comfortable and quiet while providing performance. No aquaplanning while hitting puddle at 90-100kmh. Awesome. Will definitely buy again since it is a bargain. Was on BS Dueller 470 and it is a major step up moving to the ST30 with the same price range. However, these tires will wear out faster for surebut at that price range, i don't care. It is cheap, comfy, quiet, and fun to drive.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2017
Given 97% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R18) on mostly motorways for 38,000 average miles
1. 60.000 km, still 4mm profile
2. excellent on dry ant wet
3. quiet
4. just bought new set
25 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2015
Given 42% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225/65 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 tyres were a reasonable choice by Toyota to install onto their 2013 RAV4 all-wheel-drive SUV. They are OK, with good straight-line stability and a comfortable ride. They have reasonable cornering and braking abilities but are rather noisy on most dry tarmac and concrete surfaces. The 4-cylinder engine with automatic transmission and AWD never challenges their grip during acceleration. These Dunlop tyres are also quite good on unpaved dirt roads uphill and downhill, and through wet and dry mud, however one steep gravely section required locking the differentials just to get over a hump on which one wheel just kept losing traction and spinning too easily.

Remarkably good fuel economy for such a large vehicle is easily achieved: 8.0 litres/100km = 35mpgUK, while keeping within speed limits but not dawdling. The only demerits are the aforementioned noise on almost all paved surfaces, and quite poor wet road performance (wandering off a straight line, sliding wide on sharpish turns, and being pulled sideways by unavoidable puddles of water). Overall, I will keep using these Grandtrek tyres until they wear out, then replace them with a different brand reported to be quieter and with better wet road grip.
5 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 39% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
Had Bridestone on my CRV Mk3 then continental and now dunlop - By far dunlop must be the worst tyre to use on AWD motors.
206 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2014
Given 80% while driving a Honda CRV (225/65 R18) on a combination of roads for 32,000 easy going miles
Great in all weather conditions including deep snow but they wear down quickly on my Honda CRV. Car has only done a steady 32000 miles but have had 2 sets on front and one set on rear. Have now got Michelin Latitude Tour HP on the rear and am going to have these al;so fitted on the front.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2014
Given 80% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Fitted front tyres for CRV Mk III in June 2010. Replacing them now Sept 2013 having done almost 20,000 miles. Fronts at 2mm, backs on the limit. Driving in rural SW France since Feb 2011... in mainly dry conditions: roads very hot in summer and ice and snow (no gritting on back roads) in winter but this occurs rarely. Happy with performance of these tyres in both conditions. Getting noisier now on main roads at higher speeds. However, haven't tried any other make so can't compare.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2013