Dunlop SP Sport 2050M

Dunlop SP Sport 2050M Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 76% while driving a Mitsubishi CJ Lance ES (205/60 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 40,000 miles
Alright, so I wrote a previous review about these tires at 45,000 km. After 3.5 years and 65,000km, I've decided to write an updated review.

I loved the feedback and treadware of these tires. After 65,000 km they almost looked like new. The feeling of these tires made you know what was going on with every turn.

Wet grip was good or okay. It was good whenever the temperature was above 10C and ok or poor if it were colder.

At first I thought they were horrible in the rain. Mitsubishi dealership used to inflate my tires at 28 psi. After informing them that they should do it at 32psi as suggested by the manual, everything changed! I was able for the first time ever to go uphill to park my car indoors while it was raining outside. I also didn't loose grip on corners!

I also felt that they had poor curved aquaplaning.

0 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2018
Mitsubishi (205/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 40,000 easy going miles
Came with my lancer. Horrible tires in wet roads. Handling and road feedback is great. Comfort is poor. Handles well in dry roads. I was never expecting Dunlop to be so horrible in wet. I will not buy Dunlop for a long time to come. Wet grip is unacceptable. I have to admit that the remaining tread is good, but again, I am someone who inflates the tires every 5000km to 32 psi and rotate then every 15000km.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2018
Given 22% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 MIVEC (MAN) (205/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 35 miles
First welcom all iam Mohamed from egypt,I bought my car new on May/15. With the dunlops OEM tires fitted.They Solid like rock that i thought that i had a problem with my car. (ABS braking system like driving a saup). They grip ok in dry and hot weather. But other than that. They are a pure night mare a death trip every time i drive my car in wet surface. Steering is very heavy and lousy. They scream and squeel on every possible surface for no reason. So Noisy as a tractor ican hear them more than my mobile phone. Iam dreaming to replace them ASAP . I used a hankook optimo and toyo before in my old Opel car both of them were perfect. The first time to find a brand like Dunlop with a so bad product like this tyre now i cant trust any brand after using this tyre. Will never buy them again nor recommend them to any body. Hard luck Dunlop
1 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2017
Given 34% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (205/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 27,000 average miles
I bought the car new on jan/15. With the dunlops OEM tires fitted. They grip ok in dry and hot weather. But other than that. They are a pure night mare. Steering is very heavy and lousy. They scream and squeel on every possible surface for no reason. Noisy as a tractor. Feedback is terrible. And finally cracked at 27k miles with tons of tread left. Replaced them with a set of hankook k415 and guess what, now i got a car that i can enjoy . Will never buy them again nor recommend them to any body. Hard luck dunlop
1 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2016
Given 36% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
The worst tyres I've ever had. Will never buy Dunlop again. These tyres have little grip in the dry and virtually none in the wet. They do not last well and have a low wear rating, needing to be replaced at approx 12k miles. The best thing about them is the average noise and feedback.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2014
Given 41% while driving a Mazda 6 Tamura (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,050 easy going miles
Practically word for word with the previous review. I have the Mazda 6 Tamura and the thetyres have been on since new so no choice either. My car has done 15051 miles and also have an advisory notice from my first MOT. NSF 2/3/2, OSF 2/3/2, NSR 4/5/3, OSR 4/5/2. Not an aggressive driver and cant understand why they are needing replaced. The Mazda dealer has quoted Bridgestones as replacments at £513.96 inc vat and fitting. Not what I was expecting after paying out £250 for service and MOT on a 3 year old car.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2012
Given 52% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I have a mazda 6 sport I purchased new, so no choice on tyres. I have now had for 3 years and have done only 15,000 miles. Got a shock this week, just come back from dealers after having it's service and it's 1st MOT. The tyres were an advisory note on the MOT. Front tyres down to 2mm tread, back slightly better. Uneven wear, all tyres worn more on outer and inner edges. I do not drive aggresively. So find tyre wear excessive. I would not reccommend these tyres to anyone.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2012
Given 51% while driving a Mazda Mazda3 MPS Aero (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 16 spirited miles
I've had these tyres on my 320 bhp Mazdaspeed MPS (2011) from new and am fairly pleased with them. The set is rotated every 5,000 miles and have experienced twisty fast back roads and extensive motorway driving (no track). They'll need replacing in about 1,000 miles and have covered 16,200 miles to date. However, they are pretty scary in standing water and had me sideways when driving over a hail-covered motorway slip road! Very noisy in everyday use. Will buy Toyo R1-R next.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2012
Given 53% while driving a Mazda Takayu 2.2D (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
This is a poor quality tyre. Inspite of driving very carefully has lasted 13000 miles. Useless in icy and snowy conditions. Grip is poor generally. Fuel economy also appears poor
0 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2012