Dunlop SP Sport 9000

The Dunlop SP Sport 9000 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 58 tyre reviews averaging 63% over 1,281,195 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop SP Sport 9000
195/45 R15 78W   F C 66
265/40 R18 97Y   F C 69 13.23kgs
225/45 R18 0Z Segment 2 F B 68
285/50 R18 109W   F C 69 17.20kgs
295/45 R19 0Z
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Dunlop SP Sport 9000. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Dunlop SP Sport 9000 Review

Given 81% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
These are fitted to my Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 on the front wheels , I drive a 50/50 mix of motorway and B roads generally, with a varied driving style - steady to get to work and pushing on to get back Home! They were a good price £54 each fitted for a quality brand with excellent ratings I had high hopes. Braking , handling and acceleration were the best I had experienced in my current car in the dry , they perform very well in the wet too, real confidence in braking. I would think that they are the best performance style tyres in the size available, I like the look of the tyres , the brand and the noise is comparable to my previous bridgestone turanzas. I had these on the front for around 4000 miles when I swapped them to the rear, they seemed to wear quite quickly on the front which was a shame so I switched them to the rear, they currently have around 15000 on them with 4/5mm remaining. Bridgestone turanza lasted 40000m from new on the rear. So I think the wear is a little high, however if you demand max performance or cover slightly less mileage I would strongly recommend these tyres, as I do higher mileage now my may try something else with fuel saving claims / longer life.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2012

Latest Dunlop SP Sport 9000 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP Sport 9000.

Given 36% while driving a Mazda Mazda Miata (195/40 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
I tried these tyres thinking they would be great as they were the most expensive in the size im restricted too, for daily driveing they were ok but when pushed they would let go pretty quickly and the wear rate was pretty poor. I used them on the front of my turbo mx5 drift car that i also daily, on the road and pottering about they were go but once on the track and started pushing they were really bad, iv used alot of other tyres that were far cheaper and far superior, they would loose grip with little warning and would wear quickly but in chucks of tyre, most tyres wear evenly as they scrub up but these fell apart, wasnt impressed, i know i pushed them hard but they juat didnt hold up to their reputation.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Nissan GTiR (215/35 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I don't know what's wrong with the people who slate these tyres unless they've bought Chinese fakes. These tyres have been awesome in the dry and wet on my little 4x4 but they are crap in the snow. Drag racing on an airfield at over 100mph though a standing car sized puddle and not even the slightest hint of aquaplaning. Tyres were a lot newer then though. It's just a shame they've stopped making them in my size.
I've never reached the limit of these tyres as the speed required would probably have killed me if it went wrong.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 21% while driving a Toyota Supra (275/35 R18) on mostly town for 2,500 spirited miles
Terrible tyres, absolutely terrible, no grip on them at all. I'm running 275s on the rear and 245s at the front, they feel like they are detached from the road, and don't get me started about wet conditions, would never buy these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2014
Given 37% while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
I drive a jaguar x-type awd. I changed my tyres to a new set Dunlop sp sport 7000d 225/45/17 about 15000km ago and I am very disapointed with them. The tread is ok-"ish" but I have had two blow-outs(or lets say ripped open on the inside) with them. This tyre can not handle the suspension of the jaguar x-type.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2014
Given 90% while driving a BMW 328cI (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
I find it strange reading all of the comments, particularly those about poor grip in the wet and poor wear. I drive a BMW 328Ci with 235BHP and I'm no slouch in my driving style. I'm really impressed with these tyres, their handling in wet is very good and predictable and as for the dry I've really pushed them on(quiet) roundabouts and have never made them loose grip, as for the dry they stick to the road as good as any of the best/more expensive tyres. Also they have done over 14,000 miles and the rears still have 3.5mm of tread and the fronts around 5mm. They are difficult to get hold of now so they next tyres will be the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx; I'll let you know how they compare?
0 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2014