Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response

Show all: Dunlop tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 85 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 878,566 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Dunlop SP3000a

74%

79%

79%

Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (195-60-15-H)
I have them for 5 years now,. Time to change them .. i wish i ccould find the same one. It is the best fitted to my needs tire since 1999 that i have changed several tires and cars.
tyre reviewed on October 21, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (195-45-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,500 average miles
195x45-R16.Have done a little over 20,000 miles in 18 months,mainly country roads to work.Very good all round grip both wet and dry.Very quiet for 10,000 miles then began to get noisy, Am not immpressed by the wear of the tyres, have only 2.5 to 3 mm tread left after moderate driving.Looking to replace for the winter,maybe Goodyear Efficient Grip?
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Looking to buy the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response? Click here to search for the best price for the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 Classic Sedan (205-55-16-V)
Original/factory fitted tires on my new 2013 Mercedes C180.
I was surprised to see these Dunlop tires on my new Mercedes C-Class and I was very surprised how good they are on my C180.
Very stable at all speeds, very good dry grip, very good and rapid steering response, always easy to handle also on the limits, it feels like they are rolling very light and easy.
I have driven very little in the rain but they seem to be good in the rain as well, naturally they slip a little sooner than in the dry.
The comfort and noise level is acceptable, on good roads and also at higher speeds it is good comfort, I have however driven other C-Classes with other tire brands in the same dimension with significantly better comfort and significantly lower road noise but without that little extra sporty edge that these Dunlops have.
I bought my C-Class as a primarily comfortable ride but I must admit that after driving this car for almost a year now I am a little bit torn between the sportiness of these Dunlops and other more comfort-oriented tires, these Dunlops do increase the fun factor of driving the car with a little reduction of the comfort-level that this car is capable of.
Surprisingly I like these Dunlop tires on my C-Class, I think I can generally recommend them to any car, they do not have any fault and I'm enjoying the good feel they give when I'm driving.
I have only driven less than 7000 Km so I can't really say much about the wear they do however look almost brand new so far.
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Juke (205-60-17-W)
This tyre can perform well in perfect conditions. Warm dry weather, on a smooth linear surface. Sadly this is not a reality on our roads. Skitty grip over bumps. Embarrassing wheel spin from nowhere and unpredictable wet weather grip. This tyre is not designed for the street performance keep it on the track
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 12,000 spirited miles
Done 12000 miles in the last year & still approx 5mm tread left. Brill in dry & they excel in the wet. Perhaps getting a tad noisy but so far so good
tyre reviewed on April 17, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Prelude (195-50-15-V)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
Very good tyre. Ia m very happy with them, alghthou they wear a bit faster than i expected, but on the other hand, I do drive a bit more agresive, then average drivers
tyre reviewed on April 16, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Mk7 TSI (205-55-16-V)
After 5000 miles I can say that these tyres are on the performance side, meaning Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response is a great tyre for when driving sportly. I drove them with speed on corners, window open, and they don't make any noise, cars around me were all squealing, the grip on corners is great. Traction is less great, I get wheel hop on wet but you can get that with any tyres considering the unsprung weight. Haven't tested hard braking on wet so I can't tell about that or aquaplanning, though control on wet is very good also. That being said, this is not the best tyre when looking for best confort and noise, as they transmit the very cracks on the road, compound and blocks are hard, so if you're looking for straight rides maybe look to softer tyres. I would buy them again if I'd had a 200ps car but otherwise I'm looking for Michelin Primacy 3 as my next summer tyres.
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2014
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn xsara picasso (195-65-15-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Bought these 5000km ago and replaced unknown brand with big expectations. The road noise is excesive, the comfort is gone. I feel like they are very hard or very heavy. My mpg dropped down from 43 to 39mpg.Dont know what is wrong, they are made in Germany and they are ultra high performance, but this size is for family cars rather than sport cars and what you expect from a top brand family car tyre is comfort and economy and they are missing here. I dont want to comment grip and wear because you dont push Picasso to the limit, you just put your kids in. It was an expensive mistake and i will never buy again. Probably can give the dunlops another chance, but with different model and different car. Very disapointed.
tyre reviewed on March 1, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Opel (195-65-15-H)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 17, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Tyres good on good roads. Had to replace all four tyres within six months due to punctures. Tyres very poor on anything other than new Tarmac. Tyre wall and tread very thin.
tyre reviewed on January 27, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: