Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response

Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 81% while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 18,000 average miles
205 55 r16 Dunlop SP sport fast response
lot of feedback, maybe too much, not very comfort but great in handling
pirelli r17 is more comfortable
they were old and after my 18000km they lost some pieces
0 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Skoda Octavia (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I recently bought a set of second hand wheels. They came equipped with these tires. They have dot 20.11 and still have a few mm on them.
After several hundreds of kilometers on the highway, I can say that they do well for 8 years old tires.
I'm going to buy new ones, but I'm not sure what to buy ...
1 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Awesome tires!
Im a sporty type of driver,fast turns,hard brakes...these tires are my heroes.
Dont know about the "C" category of wet braking/
handling because these tires brake excellent on wet surfaces and feel very adherent.
19 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2017
Given 84% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 14,500 average miles
[Mazda3 mk1 1.6 petrol TS2 4dr saloon, 55/Jan 2006 plate]

I bought these tyres when my car was 6yo as the previous OEM Bridgestone ER30s where very noisy (only after 6 months from new) and had got very poor in the wet, even if they had lasted very well (still 4-5mm all around).

The new Dunlops were far better on these fronts, and very good in the dry as well, as well as holding up nicely: 5-6mm on the fronts, 6mm on the rears (7mm when new). Just as economical (mpg) as the (hard) Bridgestones were - I'm still getting 40-41mpg average over the year on a similar journey profile.

A good, solid all-rounder, and good value for money (£72 [each] fitted price back in Aug 2012 at local fitter, sourced via national online retailer [delivered to fitter] + 4x Tesco pts).
17 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2016
Given 97% while driving a Toyota Auris (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
35,000 miles and on the tread wear blocks, motorway and A,B Roads exceptional wear and performance.
26 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2016
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus MK2 1.6TDCI 2008 2011 (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 35,000 spirited miles
Very good tyres, but I was dissapointed they worn out in a couple of seasons.
60 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2016
Given 80% while driving a Toyota Avensis (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
I have these tyres for 4 year with ~50.000 km. I'm not sport's driver, living in region were we have snow in winter and hot days in summer meaning I have to change tyres to winter/summer season. So my opinion for those who prefer comfort and security. As new these tyres were perfect, good grip, not so noisy, 180km/h was stable on road, and no additional noises. 160km/h in the German Autobahn was the same, so I liked these tyres. But. After few year usage, with ~35.000-40.000 km, after few changes I have notices strange sound like bumping, like unaligned wheel sound. I was told one the tyres is not equaly weared, like with corners (remember, no hard brakes, high speeds only occacional). Also noise appeared from all tyres. So now my winter tyres are less noisy. Also realised that turning wheels demands more power than turning with winter tyres. So, good tyres after few year became not so good and costed me few visits to garage. Cannot recommend such tyre for such price.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Volvo S40 2.0d (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres on my Volvo on front axle. They replaced Goodyear's Efficient Grips tyres. After 11.000 miles they were down to 3mm. Got them replaced even if I didn't have to, because they became noisy by the end of their life and slippery as weel. When they were new I was happy with them.
Dry cornering was very good, braking as well. On wet they were very good too. Wear rate is bad, but it is with any soft sport tyre compound.
Would I buy them again? No. Don't get me wrong, the are good tyres, but there are better choices now.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016