Dunlop SP Sport LM704

The Dunlop SP Sport LM704 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 93% over 122,400 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Price, strong sidewall
  • Negative - Extremely low wet grip, low resistance to aquaplaning, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Not available in the UK market, Auto Review found the Dunlop LM704's dangerous thanks to a shocking performance in the wet. OK for hot climates with pot holed roads that don't see rain. No where else.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

2016-10-11 - There are mixed reviews about this tire's wet grip. I live in the tropics, so if this tire is dangerous on wet roads, that's a serious no-buy issue for me. Can anybody shed light on the issue about the wet grip?

Unfortunately we have no direct experience with the Dunlop LM704, however we are confident Dunlop would never release a product which could be classified as dangerous in the wet.

2017-06-14 - Who performed the 2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test? Because in the other Q&A you mentioned "no direct experience" with this tyre. As a family man, I only want safe tyres and the reviews between "tester" and "user" are contradicting each other. So can you please confirm if this tyre has good grip on wet?

Auto Review are a Russian automotive publication. They tested the tyres themselves for the article. Auto Review found the LM704 had poor wet grip compared to 8 other leading competitors.

Top Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 2010 2.3mps (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Best tyre so have ever had on a car, I am running 260+hp through the front wheels and while they will break traction in a straight line relatively easily I can't think of a time they have produced under steer in the wet or dry. I got them when I purchased the car, they had some light wear, after 15000km of somewhat spirited driving, the fronts are quite worn (still 2mm of tread before needing replacement) but the rears have only worn a couple of mm.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat if they were still available in New Zealand
89 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2015

Latest Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport LM704 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP Sport LM704.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Tyres are very nice to use. enjoying every bit of them.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan tida (195/85 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Best tyre I've ever used, so, so excellent in every condition which is so important here in Thailand with so much rain and extremely varied road surfaces, highly, highly recommended I wouldn't by anything else for my Nissan Tiida 1.8
5 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2017
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Figo 2012 (175/65 R17) on track for 53,000 average miles
I just change my tire to dunlop and im very happy with the result while im driving smooth to ride i have a michellin but i think this time im going to buy again a dunlop tire no noise on the road and lots of grip
18 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2017
Volvo (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
My volvo c30 needed new tyres after 30.000 miles, so I got these from a local retailer last week. Surprisingly after putting Lm704's on the front axis, fuel consumption dropped quite noticeably right away (from 8,4 lts/100 kms to 7.6 lts/100 kms). I know very little about tyres but the control while steering feels precise and very responsive. What matter most to me is that they also manage irregular pavement and potholes much better than my old Continentals, making the rather firm ride of the C30 a bit more comfortable. I was worried over the last months that my car was showing weaker performance but now I see it had much to do with how worn out I let my previous tyres get before replacement. TIL tyres are important.
13 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2017
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Revo (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 200 average miles
Replaced 2 front tires for Toyota Revo 2003. Very good comfortable tires. Low road noise. Review in addition to my March 14 post (using Toyota Altis 2013 2.0V). - Philippines
53 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2016