Dunlop SP Sport LM704

The Dunlop SP Sport LM704 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 145,400 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Price, strong sidewall
  • Negative - Extremely low wet grip, low resistance to aquaplaning, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Not available in the UK market, Auto Review found the Dunlop LM704's dangerous thanks to a shocking performance in the wet. OK for hot climates with pot holed roads that don't see rain. No where else.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

2016-10-11 - There are mixed reviews about this tire's wet grip. I live in the tropics, so if this tire is dangerous on wet roads, that's a serious no-buy issue for me. Can anybody shed light on the issue about the wet grip?

Unfortunately we have no direct experience with the Dunlop LM704, however we are confident Dunlop would never release a product which could be classified as dangerous in the wet.

2017-06-14 - Who performed the 2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test? Because in the other Q&A you mentioned "no direct experience" with this tyre. As a family man, I only want safe tyres and the reviews between "tester" and "user" are contradicting each other. So can you please confirm if this tyre has good grip on wet?

Auto Review are a Russian automotive publication. They tested the tyres themselves for the article. Auto Review found the LM704 had poor wet grip compared to 8 other leading competitors.

Top Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 2010 2.3mps (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Best tyre so have ever had on a car, I am running 260+hp through the front wheels and while they will break traction in a straight line relatively easily I can't think of a time they have produced under steer in the wet or dry. I got them when I purchased the car, they had some light wear, after 15000km of somewhat spirited driving, the fronts are quite worn (still 2mm of tread before needing replacement) but the rears have only worn a couple of mm.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat if they were still available in New Zealand
108 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2015

Latest Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport LM704 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP Sport LM704.

Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Ford fairmont ghia ba (225/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
I have replaced these for some Continentals
Car was downright dangerous in the wet . A terrible terrible tyre
Car's characteristics have change with new tyres
25 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2018
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (195/70 R14 H) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Wow, What a fantastic difference! Excellent wet and dry grip... I can drive over any kind of road surface with confidence, even those shiny patches on old roads in the wet that you think for sure will cause your car to go for a slide, these Dunlop LM 704 tyres just grip. Handling... another wow! Finally my Mercedes 230E handles corners because these tyres love corners. I think you will be impressed with the cornering, just magic. You can turn onto a corner with these tyres and they just want to go around with no effort at all, they practically drive the car around corners willing to turn with ease and great precision. Comfort is much better than previous tyres too so thats a relief, they are rubbery supple and not harsh at all. Noise seems to be low but its difficult to say because i can't hear if they are making any noise over the usual wind noise etc. so thats ok too. So far fuel economy looks ok but its too early to say for sure. Will see how they last and I'll add a second review in around 6 months or so. The terrain these tyres are being used in is all winding mountain roads, steep sections and some hair-pin bends too, often wet and slippery because it rains for about 7 months of the year, low temps and the occasional very light snow. Then there is the short hot summer to deal with. Conclusion; a wow tyre for handling and steering precision, great wet grip and dry, with excellent rubbery supply comfort. I believe you will love them! :D
8 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2018
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (205/45 R17) on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
I bought this tyre in 2016 April as I am going from 16" OEM to 17" rims. I thought this was going to be an an okay choice, but turns out it is one of the best tyres I have. With a 45 profile, I was not expecting much of a comfort, but it handled beautifully. Grips are great dry or wet, even though at higher speeds above 120 kph it was loosing slight grip, unlike more expensive tyres such as Toyo I used before. Maybe it is a 'warning' feature! :D but anyhow, everything feels safe, even after hitting many potholes on the motorway as you would expect in Indonesia - no bumps on the tyre walls or surface whatsoever. Threads are still looking very good after 2 years! I was overwhelmed by the quality.. even more with less price than other tyres. Extremely recommended tyres.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2018
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Tyres are very nice to use. enjoying every bit of them.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan tida (195/85 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Best tyre I've ever used, so, so excellent in every condition which is so important here in Thailand with so much rain and extremely varied road surfaces, highly, highly recommended I wouldn't by anything else for my Nissan Tiida 1.8
19 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2017