Dunlop SportMaxx RT 2

Dunlop SportMaxx RT 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2tdi (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I think I am unlucky with them. After 10000 miles start wearing on middle to the point I have to return them to garage and used warranty from Dunlop.Never see something like this before. Tyre pressure was checked ones a week and suspension, tracking and alligment is bang on. They wear in 10000 miles to 2.5 mm . Very disappointed . Audi A6 2.0 tdi 190 s tronic
17 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2018
Opel (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
After trying the Sport Maxx RT I had to install the new version of the Dunlops. And so far I can say that I am impressed by them.
The tyre is ever so good if not even better that the RT. I do believe they warm up faster than the RT's. On the dry road it is truly excellent but I was impressed by them on the wet. The RT's were very good on the wet but these are awesome. They proovide great security. The comfort is on a very high level since they are truly quiet. No wheel spin so far.
On the other side, they are a bit soft on the turns if you drive fast which is something you have to be used to. Also a vibration occured while driving around 120Km/h a couple of times but not every day.

I would definitely reccomend them if you want a sport tyre without much noise.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2018
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Dunlop has made a great tyre. I spent 80 euros each and I'm so happy about my deal. There is no reason to buy a cheap tyre when you have the opportunity to buy a premium tyre for this price. On the wet is great, and in every occasion I felt the tyre work hard to give the best response. I will buy it again because I think it's the best compromise between quality and premium tyres. I'm really sorry for my English, I tried my best. Best regards to you
9 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V40 D4 Cross Country (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
A good tyre all way around. It performs well on wet and dry. It is for sure better when they are warm, as cold they ate a bit noisy and not give best grip. When warm they are definitely good and perform well at high speed. After 20 thousand miles there is still 4 mm to go, better than other premium but not as good as the Michelin once.

I would try the Michelin pilot 4 or the continental 6 for my Volvo v40 cross country 150 hp.

I would recommend to buy them Dunlop makes good tyres
0 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2018
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 535d M Sport (245/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
These have moderate performance, but are blighted by two significant problems:
1. They are not round, so vibrate. This can be measured and confirmed on a road force balancer. I have bought 6 so far and still have a vibrating car. Dunlop customer services useless. The car is fine with a different set of tyres fitted, that are round.
2. They are a bit bouncy. It's an odd feeling, but not the end of the world.

In short, if you have a car that is sensitive to out of round tyres like a BMW, avoid these like the plague. I think I will probably have to end up putting them all in the bin (about a grands worth) and buying a different brand.
28 - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 Estate 2.2D Soport (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Mazda 6 - 2012 2.2d Sport. Fitted these to the front in late June 2017. 4000 miles later Still showing over 7mm tread. Grippy and quiet. Track very straight wet and dry. Far nicer than Bridgestone Turanza ER300 they replaced. Cornering is assured and safe.
9 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2017
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 2014 (225/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
More than 6000 miles driven up and down hill on country roads.
OEM tyre was Dunlop maxx TT, very happy with them. Was a bit softer than those, did 40000 kilometers.
Dont know if is the size that make the different or the fact they made in different factory. Car must have 215/45/18 but they are hart to find so we go for 225/40/18. The car is only 120hp, so wheel spin is no issue, but now is no big problem, considering that traction control is on all times. Maybe is a harder compound.
Taking in consideration that they cost a good amount of money i have to wait until they show a good amount of wear to start thinking to replace them.
Over all not a bat tire, a good i may say, maybe the size or the compound make the difference, time will show.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2017
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Mazda3 1.6dTRS (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Excellent tires.

Very durable, excellent traction.
In the dry, they are superb, in Wet, they have never failed me even though I also have some extra care.

I made about 100000kms with a set of SportMaxx RT. I hope to achieve the same goal with the Sportmaxx RT2
24 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2017
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325d M Sport (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Mounted these on my bmw 325d e90, the tire walls are too soft even when inflated at 3,0 bar. I have take them down and sold them as I could not live with them. I recommend buying goodyear asymmetrics instead
23 - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2017