Dunlop Sportsmart

The Dunlop Sportsmart is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 39,700 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop Sportsmart
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop Sportsmart

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop Sportsmart

2017-02-26 - I ride a cbr 900rr 2001 honda fireblade. What are the recommended front/rear tyre pessures for general foad use for my Dunlop sportmart mt.

Unfortunately we're unable to give specific answers on pressures. Your motorcycle handbook or Honda will be able to answer that as tyre pressures are vehicle, not tyre specific.

Top Dunlop Sportsmart Review

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki B King (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,500 average miles
An excellent all-rounder. Good combination of grip and life.
Coped with the big torque, power and weight of the B-King.
The N-TEC construction is stiff and finds all the bumps. I found reducing the tyre pressures gave an improvement if feel and handling.
Riding solo on road I used 33F 36R.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2012

Latest Dunlop Sportsmart Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop Sportsmart tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sportsmart.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Kawasaki ZX6R (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Nearly 5000 miles on these tyres and Ive just gotten onto the wear bars. Very good even wear despite commuting for the first 3000 miles.

Extremely confident inspiring - 120mph knee drag and powerslides up to around 150mph. The tyre doesnt reach a "cliff" when grip runs out, instead it just taps you on the shoulder and gives you a quiet warning.

At the end of the tyres life, the grip doesnt just disappear, instead you start getting slides more frequently - I have had a few front end slides but more rear from early and abrupt throttle application.

These tyres really take a hammering and soak up bumps beautifully. These tyres also enable me to keep up with my buddy who uses D211 GP Racers
2 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki GSXR 1000 K6 (190/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,500 average miles
I am on my 4th rear 3rd front, I have used these tyres all year round pretty much since they were released, my last rear I got 7.5k miles out of, they were just starting to square off and I had a 2k euro trip lined up otherwise I believe I would have hot 8k miles out of them. I am truly amazed at how little mileage some have been getting from theirs going by some of the other reviews, the lowest mileage I got out of a set was abou 4.5k but that was the onlt set to date I have done a track day on. Hot, Cold, wet or dry I always have confidence in these tyres and I for one seem to get touring tyre mileage out of this sport/track focused tyre. I recomend them to anyone who asks, not many take me up on the suggestion but no one who has has ever complained.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2013
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Sv650s (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Got caught out at Ramsey twice last year, TT and Manx GP. No matter, long way round or over the mountain to my digs....over the mountain! Even when the fog closed in on a soaking road with standing water I felt safe on these and was close to 150 on the mountain mile without a wobble. They have served me proud and I have just replaced them after 4000 HARD ridden miles. I ride fast roads and they allow you to get good stable lean angles at all times. I use 34 front and drop the rear to 36 for everyday use and as low as 33 when going stupid ( on closed roads.....mmmm).
0 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Yamaha R1 (190/50 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
I ride a ten year old R1. It eats tyres and it ate these too ..... but ....
I haven't had a track and 'swift' road riding tyre that offers similar dry grip which has lasted as long. (Pirellis came close but not all that close). More importantly for me, 'cos I also commute on the bike, is what happens when it rains .... and NOTHING I've ridden which have similar dry high performance characteristics of these things gets anywhere close in the wet.
They're pretty worn now (I really came here to find prices for my next pair). Last week it had rained and stopped but the road was damp. A loon in a 4x4 slammed on for no good reason just as I was pulling in from overtaking a couple of cars behind it. I had to brake so hard the bike pulled an involuntary stoppie - and they stayed well planted ..... on a damp road.
They're not as good in the wet as the pilot 3s on my missus BM but they're a hard act to beat.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CBR600F Y 2000 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Good tyre but had loads of trouble with back tyre going down, had to pump it up every time i wanted to go out and the rear is bald after only 3000 miles. Bought another rim and had it repowder coated and the tyre still lost air, it always seemed to go down to about 20psi a week. Front tyre is still good and hasen't been any trouble. Going to buy again but if this one goes down will be getting the shop to swap it right away this time. When changing the pair will be looking at another make though...
1 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2013