Event WL905

Progressiveness 40%
Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 109 tyre reviews averaging 45% over 769,279 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event WL905. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Event WL905 Reviews

Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
I just had to add to my review after reading some of the others below.
Anyone who says that these tyres are excellent is probably the type of person that has only ever fitted cheap budget tyres to their car and hence has no experience of what proper tyres are like!
Someone says "any tyre will lose grip on a wet roundabout if you go too fast" well yes, but i'm sure even my nan would agree that 10mph isn't too fast to take one.
Anyone who tells others to buy these tyres should probably be charged with manslaughter the moment they leave their review!
I'm not a tyre snob, my favourites are vredestein tyres, they are priced reasonably and deliver great performance for the money!
Take it from someone who loves driving and drives for a living, AVOID THESE TYRES LIKE THE PLAGUE! THEY WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE FIRST TIME YOU TAKE A CORNER IN THE WET.
1 | - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
1 | - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were on my car when I bought it, As the garage put a full years MOT on they must of replaced the front tyres with these. To be fair I would be better off fitting wooden cart wheels as I would have more traction in the wet, when I accelerate the tyres wheel spin when I brake the ABS kicks in. They are pathetic and I would urge anyone reading this not to buy them.
1 | - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015

Latest Event WL905 Reviews

Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic EX 1.6 VTEC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 250 easy going miles
Hmm - replaced a set of 4 different winter tyres with Event Futurum HP. Much better than my old ones and no problems so far. I am a cautious driver in a 1.6 litre hatch with no sudden braking or accelerating. Tyres are happy at 80 on the motorway and no 5-10mph loss of grip for me so happy so far.

Very surprised at some of the reviews here and have to put at least part of this down to driving style but am going to test these in a car park to find the limits.

Would definitely go for a premium tyre if I had a performance car though.
1 | - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2016
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
These tyres came fitted to my secondhand purchase and I have changed them within a month of driving. They are below average in the dry and fundamentally dangerous in the wet.

No progression on low grip surfaces has meant the car has been in oversteer numerous times on any wet surface at even slow speeds. The tyres are only fitted to the rear of my car and even under moderate to firm braking exhibit instability.

As others have already said, avoid these tyres - the risk to yourself and others is simply too great.
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2016
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (205/50 R16) on for 0 miles
Be careful, It very dangerous on wet road !!
The worst tire I've ever had. I now have Goodyear on it and no problem any more.
Don't buy that !
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2016
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Ford sportka 1.6 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Lethal in damp. Should be band. Do not buy.
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2016
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
Event is a fitting name for a tyre that you will have plenty of scary events with. These tyres should be recalled and banned from sale worldwide. Shame on a manufacturer to produce something that will and possible has caused deaths on our roads. Avoid at all costs! Spend the extra few quid and you could save thousands on insurance claims when you run into the back of someone. DON'T GAMBLE ON YOUR AND OTHER PEOPLES LIVES BUYING THESE CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2016