Event WL905

Show all: Event tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 102 tyre reviews averaging 47% over 757,779 miles driven.

Event WL905

Event WL905 Reviews

Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (205-55-16-V)
These tyres were on my car when I bought it, As the garage put a full years MOT on they must of replaced the front tyres with these. To be fair I would be better off fitting wooden cart wheels as I would have more traction in the wet, when I accelerate the tyres wheel spin when I brake the ABS kicks in. They are pathetic and I would urge anyone reading this not to buy them.
tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235-45-17-)
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Looking to buy the Event WL905? Click here to search for the best price for the Event WL905 or any other tyre.
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI SLine Quattro 181bhp (225-45-17-W)
Had these on Audi A3 when I bought it, to be fair when dry and sunny no problem car handled like a dream, slightest bit of rain or damp road from bit of fog, they are lethal, front end slid across a mcdonalds car park at 5mph, I drive quite fast when dry but when it's wet I didn't dare top 60 going straight and on roundabouts and slight bends slowed to a crawl, I agree with other reviews, these tyres should be banned before they kill someone, although they probably already have, I'd bet a lot of these accidents in the rain a good few have these tyres on, since replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 3, can't believe someone on here with a 3 litre jag recommends them, ignore recommendation, bloke is an idiot
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
I just had to add to my review after reading some of the others below.
Anyone who says that these tyres are excellent is probably the type of person that has only ever fitted cheap budget tyres to their car and hence has no experience of what proper tyres are like!
Someone says "any tyre will lose grip on a wet roundabout if you go too fast" well yes, but i'm sure even my nan would agree that 10mph isn't too fast to take one.
Anyone who tells others to buy these tyres should probably be charged with manslaughter the moment they leave their review!
I'm not a tyre snob, my favourites are vredestein tyres, they are priced reasonably and deliver great performance for the money!
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
These tyres are so bad they should be illegal! They are made of something closer to plastic than rubber, and the grip in the wet is really non-exsistant. They came with a car i bought and will make the car slide about on a wet roundabout, even at 5mph!! If saving £20 a tyre is more important to you than your life and the lives of other people on the road, then these are the tyres for you.
PLEASE for the sake of yourself and more importantly every other road user, DO NOT BUY THESE TYRES OR ANY OTHER CHINESE CR*P MADE OF THE SAME PLASTIC-LIKE MATERIAL!!! As i said earlier i can't believe these ever got certified as legal. VOSA should have these tyres and similar ones banned from the UK
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta ST (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 average miles
had these on the car when i bought it, changed within a week due to them being like skates! going sideways around a roundabout is no fun when its not intentional!

to summarize, i wouldn't even fit these tyres to a pram!
tyre reviewed on August 15, 2015
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda (225-45-17-)
To be honest,I hated these tyres. They were on the car when I bought it earlier this year. Any time it rained I really struggled. The car even slid when going around a slow roundabout. I needed to save for a new set,and hoped to put up with these until they were worn out. Unfortunately they do wear well,so didn't get any where near low tread before I got so annoyed and worried I replaced them anyway. (It was at the point I wouldnt let anyone else drive the car ot felt that dangerous)New set are so much quiter and grippier-feels like a totally different car. Would never touch these again!!
tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (225-45-17-W)
If you own a slow car and are happy at doing 0 - 60 in 4.7 days then these tires will be great for you as they are cheap and they'll last you a good few years.

Doesn't sound like you? Then avoid!!

Even a semi performance car like a Mk5 Golf GTI struggles like crazy when accelerating - constant traction control up to 4th gear even in the dry... In the wet it's a joke... you have to drive like miss daisy around corners or you slide across the road...

They remind me of the "tyres" you get on those pedal go karts from back in the day! Just so hard with no grip.

Finally wore them out enough for them to fail the MOT so i had an excuse to get some Goodyear Eagle F1's and they've been worth every penny.

tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 Sport (235-40-18-)
I had a set of these fitted just before winter (I had a set on another car and was satisfied with them)
Super cheap in cost and great performance for the money. Ive driven on both wet and dry roads on them, and through the snow we have recently had.
These tyres are amazing and coped admirably with all conditions thrown at them. As someone else said on here, try learning to drive properly before blaming everything on the tyres!
I am a 'press on' driver and take notice of how the car is reacting beneath me... Going into wet roundabouts too hard will catch you out on any tyres and one reviewer said his tyres had worn down to the threads when he spun out on a roundabout? Id say to that, change your tyres before they are worn out and things like that wont happen!
I would recommend these tyres to anyone (why pay much more?)
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon 140PD (225-45-17-)
I have these fited to my Seat Leon. This week we have had a lot of snow. Sideroads are not gritted. I have found these tyres to be top rate in these conditions and we have plenty of hills in Derbyshire. I passed another car easily this morning on a snow covered hill. Plenty of grip in the snow and my car performs as well as a 4 by 4. Total confidence with these on and as I own other cars I will definitely be buying more Event Tyres.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: