Event WL905

Progressiveness 40%
Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 109 tyre reviews averaging 45% over 769,279 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event WL905. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Event WL905 Reviews

Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
2 | - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were on my car when I bought it, As the garage put a full years MOT on they must of replaced the front tyres with these. To be fair I would be better off fitting wooden cart wheels as I would have more traction in the wet, when I accelerate the tyres wheel spin when I brake the ABS kicks in. They are pathetic and I would urge anyone reading this not to buy them.
1 | - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
If you value your life do not fit these tyres to your car, in the wet they are leathal. I drive a 2007 honda civic type r fn2 and if you spit on a bend and hit it doing 10mph wearing these tyre you will be off the road, exaggerating you think, well, you try.
1 | - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2015

Latest Event WL905 Reviews

Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
recently bought a renault megane with these tyres on. with 5-6mm tread left all around. the car couldnt accelerate corner or brake without feeling dangerous and out of control. in 40 years of driving ive never driven on tyres this bad! had to scrap these tyres and buy some new ones. fully recomend using the new A-G labels when purchasing tyres. my new A grip tyres make a huge difference!
0 | - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2016
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot partner van (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
I have these on my peugeot partner van what a joke these are in the dry they squeal on the slightest corner. In the damp it's like driving on ice I have took corners at 45mph going up hill lost traction and slid across 3 lanes into an on coming traffic. If it raining is safer to jump in front of a lorry than try to drive with these.
These tires only lasted for 1000 miles before i changed them for some goodyears was less than half the price of these
Ps. My van is limited to 50 mph so its not my driving.
0 | - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2016
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 300 easy going miles
Awful, awful tyres! Bought a car three weeks ago and these were already fitted on the front and were brand new. My first experience of driving in the wet was terrifying with these tyres. I'm a cautious driver and never drive a car hard, so it was an unpleasant surprise when I went to pull out at a roundabout and the tyres just span and the car sat there. The traction control went mad trying to regain some sort of grip and every time it put any power back to the front wheels, it span again. Despite the traction control and easing of the accelerator, it was just hopeless and found myself a few feet out on the roundabout with cars fast approaching. At first I did wonder if there was a load of oil on the road or something as I had never experienced anything quite like it, but no, same thing happened when attempting to pull out of a junction on to a dual carriageway. Anything more than gentle braking results in the ABS having to work hard, too. I have to crawl round any corners in the wet as I have no confidence that these will hold the car on the road. They should re-brand these tyres 'Ditchfinders' as it is a more accurate description of what they will do. I cannot express just how lethal these tyres are in the wet and I would urge everyone to avoid them. They are so bad that I have now got the car booked in to have these tyres removed and a decent set of tyres fitted.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2016
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic EX 1.6 VTEC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 250 easy going miles
Hmm - replaced a set of 4 different winter tyres with Event Futurum HP. Much better than my old ones and no problems so far. I am a cautious driver in a 1.6 litre hatch with no sudden braking or accelerating. Tyres are happy at 80 on the motorway and no 5-10mph loss of grip for me so happy so far.

Very surprised at some of the reviews here and have to put at least part of this down to driving style but am going to test these in a car park to find the limits.

Would definitely go for a premium tyre if I had a performance car though.
-2 | - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2016
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
These tyres came fitted to my secondhand purchase and I have changed them within a month of driving. They are below average in the dry and fundamentally dangerous in the wet.

No progression on low grip surfaces has meant the car has been in oversteer numerous times on any wet surface at even slow speeds. The tyres are only fitted to the rear of my car and even under moderate to firm braking exhibit instability.

As others have already said, avoid these tyres - the risk to yourself and others is simply too great.
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2016