Event WL905

Show all: Event tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 89 tyre reviews averaging 48% over 680,179 miles driven.

Event WL905

62%

53%

34%

Event WL905 Reviews

Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 1.8T sport (225-45-17-)
These tyres are pants in the wet. I had a new pair on the back of my Audi A3 and was surprised at how easy it was to lose the back of the car on a roundabout if it was a tad wet. I thought it was just the car as I haven't had it that long. I swapped the rears to the front as they had better tread and am now really noticing the poor grip in the wet. Mostly on corners, you can feel they start to slide easily. I really don't trust them and am looking for non-budget replacements as soon as possible.
tyre reviewed on November 28, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna Phase II (225-45-17-)
Just took the last pair off my laguna,they were new on when I got the car but I replaced the fronts this time last year for Bridgestone A001's as I was fed up of little grip in the dry and none in the wet and cold.Just swapped the rears for the Bridgeys and the car now drives properly and is a lot quieter.I wouldn't put Event tyres on my wheelbarrow never mind my car.
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2014
Looking to buy the Event WL905? Click here to search for the best price for the Event WL905 or any other tyre.

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 (225-45-17-)
Having had a slew of Avons and Michelins before that, I put these on the front because the car was not being used much. Dry grip is OK, but in the wet you are sliding at almost every roundabout (glad I only have fronts). Plenty of slipping under acceleration right up to third gear. They wear very well, too well. In fact, they feel more like plastic than rubber. However, I have improved the grip by running them under-inflated. In my case this, 2.5-3psi down on the normal 31psi pressure.
tyre reviewed on November 11, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna sport tourer (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 18,000 easy going miles
Have had these fitted on my laguna estate for the last 10 years, put on for the price, perhaps the owners of the previous comments need to learn how to drive properly ( there is a place to drive like a moron, its called a track) yep will always have these fitted get nearly 18k out of the front tyres, quiet ride and funnily enough have no problems with wheel spin or slipping.
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,000 average miles
Quite honestly the worst tyres I've ever had on a car! Dry performance was adequate however in the wet it was like driving on ice - wheel spinning in 3rd to 55!

They really should be called DitchFinders
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (225-80-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Shockingly poor tyre. Bought a Fiesta with a pair of these on the rear wheels and just had them taken off. The car span out on a roundabout a couple of weeks ago and it certainly wasn't being pushed hard. There was no progressive warning. This one little spin was enough to wear the tyre from above the wear limiters to the cloth under the tread. Upon removal both rear tyres have large cracks on the inside sidewall which is very dangerous and wouldn't have been seen normally without removal. This was incredible considering that there is no way these tyres can be more than 3 years old.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S 2.2 i-CDTi (225-40-18-W)
firstly I do NOT understand half of the questions here, and in my experience it is the roads that are noisy not the tyres. However having swapped a R53 Mini Cooper S with runflats (incredible handling) for a Honda Civic Type S gt 2.2 CDTi , I got 4 of these tyres fitted because of the price. In general no bother, been driving for 38 years now and can honestly say a tyre is a tyre to me. I was aware some say no grip in the wet, I only experienced one problem last month a very slight skid in a downpour in the Lake District, I might add I am a very sensible driver and do NOT hammer a car to its limits.
tyre reviewed on October 22, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus Zetec (225-45-17-)
Had 4 of these (new on my car when bought) removed them still with 7.5mm tread and replaced with michelin pilot p3. Quite frankly the events are just dangerous. They should not be sold.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2014
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003-2007) (225-45-17-)
The worst tyres I've ever come across in 25 years of driving. Wouldn't fit them on a mobility scooter. Absolute rubbish.
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C320 (225-45-17-)
Im amazed at some of the bad reviews of these tyres.
I bought a full set of 16" Events for my 3.2L Mercedes C Class (RWD) and although the first few miles they indeed did feel very slippy they soon scrubbed in and have been more than adequate for the subsequent 2 years.
I have driven in all kinds of conditions over all kinds of road surfaces at all kinds of speeds and they have been great. in fact they were almost fit and forget.
The previous tyres fitted were Bridgestone Potenzas that wore out in less that 5000 miles (which considering the cost was quite alarming)
tyre reviewed on October 6, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: