Event WL905

Show all: Event tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 73 tyre reviews averaging 48% over 573,679 miles driven.

Event WL905

62%

52%

34%

Event WL905 Reviews

Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf tdi (225-45-17-)
Just a very bad Tyre. I would normally say that wet grip is a joke but putting your family at risk is not a joke. DO NOT BUY THIS TYRE!
tyre reviewed on July 21, 2014
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 600 easy going miles
Put 2 of these on my seat leon fr 170. cant believe how awful they are in the wet. Its like driving on ice with bald tyres. As said in previous reviews if you value your life do not buy these tyres.
So just ordered Uniroyal rainsport 3's.
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2014
Looking to buy the Event WL905? Click here to search for the best price for the Event WL905 or any other tyre.

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 (225-45-17-)
The Alfa is my wifes daily driver and find the tyre serviceable. We recently drove to north Wales through a torrential down poor which was prolonged, the a14 was awash the tyres performed well in these condition ( no aquaplaning ). Breaking was also with out surprises. All in all for the money I am a satisified customer. With my job I drive 22,000 miles yearly so I feel my opinion counts for something.I am not saying that compared to other more expensive tyres they will match them ,but they are not as bad as a lot of people are making out . These tyres are on all 4 wheels.
tyre reviewed on July 13, 2014
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Have these tyres on rear of BMW 320d. Car came with them fitted, they are horrendous in the wet, loosing grip at low speeds on most roundabouts and often on corners. With almost no wear on them, they are going in the bin this weekend. Do not buy these if you value your car or life!
tyre reviewed on June 25, 2014
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus st (225-40-18-R)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
If you value your life do not buy these if you don't your in for a winner very very bad especially in wet
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 2.0T (210bhp) (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 easy going miles
1 word for these tyres... CRAP!!
tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S60 T5 250bhp (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 8 spirited miles
Avoid at all costs. Only purchased as the fitter said they were great. He lied. Not good in the dry but very, very dangerous in the wet. Road noise is ok but that is the best feature. Save a little more cash and get something better, or stay home when it rains! Had mine since last august on the front of a volvo t5. Once the rain came a few months later I realised how bad they were. Tomorrow they are going in the bin and I am going to try some Goodyear Eagle F1's as they have a great review. Fingers crossed.
tyre reviewed on May 22, 2014
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These came fitted to the front of my Alfa Giulietta 1.4 MA turbo when I bought it. I also have experience of these as my GF's father swears by them and fits them to his Volvos.

In the dry they are nothing special. Not bad, not good. Just fine. Feedback seems non-existant and turning the wheel from lock to lock can produce an odd sensation from the steering wheel. In Dynamic mode the car torque steers badly. I have never heard this from other owners of the same car so I doubt it is a characteristic. Fast pullaways in D out of a junction result in constant wheelspin.

In the wet these are awfull. Wheelspin in 3rd gear in Dynamic and Normal, torque steer so bad it can change lanes on a dual carriageway. I have to put the car into the All weather setting just to drive with any confidance.

Not had to do an emergency stop with these but heavy braking lacks feel.

I have also driven a Volvo s60 with these fitted. I drove it the day before and the day after these were fitted. With these tyres the steering became very light and lost all feeling and accuracy. It wheelspins when pulling away from a junction (it is an automatic!). And the ride quality has suffered.

I would never buy these tyres again, or recomend them to anyone.
tyre reviewed on May 22, 2014
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325 coupe (215-40-17-W)
Rubbish tyres in the wet - Below average in the dry - AVOID!

Two good things - Price and Wear - But just no raw grip in every day use!
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 Sportback Quattro 2.0L TDI (170 PS) (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
When I bought my Audi Quattro last year I didn't even think to check the tyres but when I did I was gutted. I specifically bought this Quattro for the wet and wintery conditions and to learn my car had cheap budget tyres I was pretty jaded.

Having just had its MOT and with the Tyres with almost full tread i've been told all 4 tyres are splitting on the inside wall.

Continentals will be replacing these and hope to get the enjoyment out of the car I had hoped for.

One thing I can say and this may be more to do with the car than teh tyre but I get zero slippage when pulling away in the wet. Even with hard revs. I suspect this is down to the Quattro system though.

Tyres: 225/40/18 Y
tyre reviewed on April 29, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: