Event WL905

Progressiveness 40%
Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 109 tyre reviews averaging 45% over 769,279 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event WL905. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Event WL905 Reviews

Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
These tyres came fitted to my secondhand purchase and I have changed them within a month of driving. They are below average in the dry and fundamentally dangerous in the wet.

No progression on low grip surfaces has meant the car has been in oversteer numerous times on any wet surface at even slow speeds. The tyres are only fitted to the rear of my car and even under moderate to firm braking exhibit instability.

As others have already said, avoid these tyres - the risk to yourself and others is simply too great.
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2016
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (205/50 R16) on for 0 miles
Be careful, It very dangerous on wet road !!
The worst tire I've ever had. I now have Goodyear on it and no problem any more.
Don't buy that !
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2016
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Ford sportka 1.6 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Lethal in damp. Should be band. Do not buy.
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2016
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
Event is a fitting name for a tyre that you will have plenty of scary events with. These tyres should be recalled and banned from sale worldwide. Shame on a manufacturer to produce something that will and possible has caused deaths on our roads. Avoid at all costs! Spend the extra few quid and you could save thousands on insurance claims when you run into the back of someone. DON'T GAMBLE ON YOUR AND OTHER PEOPLES LIVES BUYING THESE CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2016
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GOLF MK5 R32 3.2 V6 4MOTION (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Awful awful awful! Avoid at all costs. Was test driving an r32 with these tyres, and honestly it was the worst 45 minutes of my life. Even the guy with me was petrified. Every time I tried to navigate a roundabout it was sliding and then trying to accelerate from a roundabout the car just span all 4 wheels and it was in the dry. God help us in the wet, I ended up getting 650 quid knocked off the car because we both knew I had to replace these god awful tyres ASAP. Now running Goodyear f1s and they are superb!
1 | - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2016
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Had these tyres on the front of my Volvo S60 for 6 months, which came with the car. I'm changing them very early as they are dangerous in the wet and unsuitable for a heavy, powerful car. Avoid, in my opinion.
0 | - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
If you value your life do not fit these tyres to your car, in the wet they are leathal. I drive a 2007 honda civic type r fn2 and if you spit on a bend and hit it doing 10mph wearing these tyre you will be off the road, exaggerating you think, well, you try.
1 | - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2015
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were on my car when I bought it, As the garage put a full years MOT on they must of replaced the front tyres with these. To be fair I would be better off fitting wooden cart wheels as I would have more traction in the wet, when I accelerate the tyres wheel spin when I brake the ABS kicks in. They are pathetic and I would urge anyone reading this not to buy them.
1 | - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
1 | - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI SLine Quattro 181bhp (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Had these on Audi A3 when I bought it, to be fair when dry and sunny no problem car handled like a dream, slightest bit of rain or damp road from bit of fog, they are lethal, front end slid across a mcdonalds car park at 5mph, I drive quite fast when dry but when it's wet I didn't dare top 60 going straight and on roundabouts and slight bends slowed to a crawl, I agree with other reviews, these tyres should be banned before they kill someone, although they probably already have, I'd bet a lot of these accidents in the rain a good few have these tyres on, since replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 3, can't believe someone on here with a 3 litre jag recommends them, ignore recommendation, bloke is an idiot
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2015