Event WL905

Progressiveness 41%
Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 105 tyre reviews averaging 46% over 762,879 miles driven.

Sorry, the Event WL905 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet

Event WL905 Reviews

Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GOLF MK5 R32 3.2 V6 4MOTION (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Awful awful awful! Avoid at all costs. Was test driving an r32 with these tyres, and honestly it was the worst 45 minutes of my life. Even the guy with me was petrified. Every time I tried to navigate a roundabout it was sliding and then trying to accelerate from a roundabout the car just span all 4 wheels and it was in the dry. God help us in the wet, I ended up getting 650 quid knocked off the car because we both knew I had to replace these god awful tyres ASAP. Now running Goodyear f1s and they are superb!
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2016
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Had these tyres on the front of my Volvo S60 for 6 months, which came with the car. I'm changing them very early as they are dangerous in the wet and unsuitable for a heavy, powerful car. Avoid, in my opinion.
tyre reviewed on December 23, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
If you value your life do not fit these tyres to your car, in the wet they are leathal. I drive a 2007 honda civic type r fn2 and if you spit on a bend and hit it doing 10mph wearing these tyre you will be off the road, exaggerating you think, well, you try.
tyre reviewed on December 14, 2015
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were on my car when I bought it, As the garage put a full years MOT on they must of replaced the front tyres with these. To be fair I would be better off fitting wooden cart wheels as I would have more traction in the wet, when I accelerate the tyres wheel spin when I brake the ABS kicks in. They are pathetic and I would urge anyone reading this not to buy them.
tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI SLine Quattro 181bhp (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Had these on Audi A3 when I bought it, to be fair when dry and sunny no problem car handled like a dream, slightest bit of rain or damp road from bit of fog, they are lethal, front end slid across a mcdonalds car park at 5mph, I drive quite fast when dry but when it's wet I didn't dare top 60 going straight and on roundabouts and slight bends slowed to a crawl, I agree with other reviews, these tyres should be banned before they kill someone, although they probably already have, I'd bet a lot of these accidents in the rain a good few have these tyres on, since replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 3, can't believe someone on here with a 3 litre jag recommends them, ignore recommendation, bloke is an idiot
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
I just had to add to my review after reading some of the others below.
Anyone who says that these tyres are excellent is probably the type of person that has only ever fitted cheap budget tyres to their car and hence has no experience of what proper tyres are like!
Someone says "any tyre will lose grip on a wet roundabout if you go too fast" well yes, but i'm sure even my nan would agree that 10mph isn't too fast to take one.
Anyone who tells others to buy these tyres should probably be charged with manslaughter the moment they leave their review!
I'm not a tyre snob, my favourites are vredestein tyres, they are priced reasonably and deliver great performance for the money!
Take it from someone who loves driving and drives for a living, AVOID THESE TYRES LIKE THE PLAGUE! THEY WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE FIRST TIME YOU TAKE A CORNER IN THE WET.
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
These tyres are so bad they should be illegal! They are made of something closer to plastic than rubber, and the grip in the wet is really non-exsistant. They came with a car i bought and will make the car slide about on a wet roundabout, even at 5mph!! If saving £20 a tyre is more important to you than your life and the lives of other people on the road, then these are the tyres for you.
PLEASE for the sake of yourself and more importantly every other road user, DO NOT BUY THESE TYRES OR ANY OTHER CHINESE CR*P MADE OF THE SAME PLASTIC-LIKE MATERIAL!!! As i said earlier i can't believe these ever got certified as legal. VOSA should have these tyres and similar ones banned from the UK
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta ST (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 average miles
had these on the car when i bought it, changed within a week due to them being like skates! going sideways around a roundabout is no fun when its not intentional!

to summarize, i wouldn't even fit these tyres to a pram!
tyre reviewed on August 15, 2015
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
To be honest,I hated these tyres. They were on the car when I bought it earlier this year. Any time it rained I really struggled. The car even slid when going around a slow roundabout. I needed to save for a new set,and hoped to put up with these until they were worn out. Unfortunately they do wear well,so didn't get any where near low tread before I got so annoyed and worried I replaced them anyway. (It was at the point I wouldnt let anyone else drive the car ot felt that dangerous)New set are so much quiter and grippier-feels like a totally different car. Would never touch these again!!
tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015