Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 120 tyre reviews averaging 45% over 841,929 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event WL905. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Event WL905 Review

Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
15 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015

Latest Event WL905 Reviews

Have you driven on the Event WL905 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WL905.

Given 15% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 600 average miles
These came fitted on a 2nd hand Volvo S60 D5, now bear in mind this is a heavy very torque-y car.....
Generally a LOT of lateral motion, no idea what the sidewalls were made of (cheese?) but no matter what road surface or speed there was a terrible feeling of wallow which initially made me think my suspension was shot.
In the dry at low speeds these were acceptable but at motorway speeds these things were terrifying, you could feel the grip breaking and they tramlined like crazy. Under heavy breaking in the dry you got terrible vibration / wobble and again you could feel the grip going.
In the wet these tyres are LETHAL. Now the S60 is a heavy car and generally is very planted but frankly these tyres gave me the cold sweats on several occasions even in a straight line (tramlining plus breaking grip at high speed)
As for wear I'll never know, I ditched these after 2 weeks for some Eagle Assymetric 3's and never looked back.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2017
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Ford 2.5 cougar (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
Tyres last forever, probably longer than the car as they are so hard they glaze giving no wet grip whatsoever. I have then on the back of a cougar and am scared of roundabouts in the wet even at slow speeds., scary to feel the back end slide. Avoid at all costs.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2017
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (205/40 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I have a Fiesta Zetec S 1.6TDCi which had these fitted when i bought it, i suspect to put something on the wheels to sell it so it had "good" tyres all round.
These tyres will let go without warning in the dry on a bend and even a smooth surface on a roundabout will cause understeer. In the wet you really have to be careful as there is no grip whatsoever. these tyres are a death trap on a front wheel drive car, great for drifting, but not for driving, avoid at all costs.
Changed to Nexen S8000.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2017
Given 15% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Caddy (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
The worst tyres I have ever had on a car. And iv had some crap tyres. They came fitted to the wheels and will be coming off very shortly. On first and second in the slightest of damp the wheels just spin. Perfect for the bottom racer in me that wants to wheel spinning but no good if you want to set off for a gap.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2016
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Superb II 4x4 2.0tdi (225/45 R17 H) on mostly town for 12,000 easy going miles
Driving Skoda Super with Event tyres on it and we are very happy with them. Bought them last year from my local tyre shop and had no problems with them at all. My wife's car is due tyres shortly and I'm defiantly getting same on her car.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2016