Event WL905

Show all: Event tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 95 tyre reviews averaging 49% over 744,979 miles driven.

Event WL905

63%

53%

37%

Event WL905 Reviews

Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (225-45-17-W)
If you own a slow car and are happy at doing 0 - 60 in 4.7 days then these tires will be great for you as they are cheap and they'll last you a good few years.

Doesn't sound like you? Then avoid!!

Even a semi performance car like a Mk5 Golf GTI struggles like crazy when accelerating - constant traction control up to 4th gear even in the dry... In the wet it's a joke... you have to drive like miss daisy around corners or you slide across the road...

They remind me of the "tyres" you get on those pedal go karts from back in the day! Just so hard with no grip.

Finally wore them out enough for them to fail the MOT so i had an excuse to get some Goodyear Eagle F1's and they've been worth every penny.

tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 Sport (235-40-18-)
I had a set of these fitted just before winter (I had a set on another car and was satisfied with them)
Super cheap in cost and great performance for the money. Ive driven on both wet and dry roads on them, and through the snow we have recently had.
These tyres are amazing and coped admirably with all conditions thrown at them. As someone else said on here, try learning to drive properly before blaming everything on the tyres!
I am a 'press on' driver and take notice of how the car is reacting beneath me... Going into wet roundabouts too hard will catch you out on any tyres and one reviewer said his tyres had worn down to the threads when he spun out on a roundabout? Id say to that, change your tyres before they are worn out and things like that wont happen!
I would recommend these tyres to anyone (why pay much more?)
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2015
Looking to buy the Event WL905? Click here to search for the best price for the Event WL905 or any other tyre.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon 140PD (225-45-17-)
I have these fited to my Seat Leon. This week we have had a lot of snow. Sideroads are not gritted. I have found these tyres to be top rate in these conditions and we have plenty of hills in Derbyshire. I passed another car easily this morning on a snow covered hill. Plenty of grip in the snow and my car performs as well as a 4 by 4. Total confidence with these on and as I own other cars I will definitely be buying more Event Tyres.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna sport tourer (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
Done over 40k on 2x sets of these and found them perfectly adequate for the job. My driving style is leisurely but not sluggish and I have honestly never felt unsafe with these fitted and find them very quiet on the road.
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 42% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (195-45-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 800 average miles
I bought my car with these tyres fitted on the front of my 2011 1.4 ford fiesta tdci (so its no racing car) and in my opinion these tyres are dangerous in damp or wet conditions I have had a couple of close calls on roundabouts and bends and corners on damp and wet roads at normal speed the car under steers and slides
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (215-45-16-W)
These were fitted to the front when I bought the car and I had planned to change them pretty quick but thought I'd see how they went. I have been very pleasantly surprised. Excellent dry grip and above average wet grip. Wet braking is also good. Comfort and noise levels are good, no worse than most non premium brands. If you are on a budget I would highly recommend these tyres. I have paid a lot more than these tyres would have cost and have had a lot worse fitted on cars.
tyre reviewed on January 3, 2015
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 1.8T sport (225-45-17-)
These tyres are pants in the wet. I had a new pair on the back of my Audi A3 and was surprised at how easy it was to lose the back of the car on a roundabout if it was a tad wet. I thought it was just the car as I haven't had it that long. I swapped the rears to the front as they had better tread and am now really noticing the poor grip in the wet. Mostly on corners, you can feel they start to slide easily. I really don't trust them and am looking for non-budget replacements as soon as possible.
tyre reviewed on November 28, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna Phase II (225-45-17-)
Just took the last pair off my laguna,they were new on when I got the car but I replaced the fronts this time last year for Bridgestone A001's as I was fed up of little grip in the dry and none in the wet and cold.Just swapped the rears for the Bridgeys and the car now drives properly and is a lot quieter.I wouldn't put Event tyres on my wheelbarrow never mind my car.
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 (225-45-17-)
Having had a slew of Avons and Michelins before that, I put these on the front because the car was not being used much. Dry grip is OK, but in the wet you are sliding at almost every roundabout (glad I only have fronts). Plenty of slipping under acceleration right up to third gear. They wear very well, too well. In fact, they feel more like plastic than rubber. However, I have improved the grip by running them under-inflated. In my case this, 2.5-3psi down on the normal 31psi pressure.
tyre reviewed on November 11, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna sport tourer (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 18,000 easy going miles
Have had these fitted on my laguna estate for the last 10 years, put on for the price, perhaps the owners of the previous comments need to learn how to drive properly ( there is a place to drive like a moron, its called a track) yep will always have these fitted get nearly 18k out of the front tyres, quiet ride and funnily enough have no problems with wheel spin or slipping.
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: