Evergreen EU72

Show all: Evergreen tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Evergreen EU72 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 231,130 miles driven.

Evergreen EU72

Evergreen EU72 Reviews

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Sierra Sapphire (195-65-14-)
Ive had a set on my RWD car for the past 19,000 miles, having replaced 4 mismatched tyres and can say for the money they are superb. The rears are now worn out (a issue with rear traction appears when the lead boots come out) and the fronts are halfway through there lifespan. Im happy as the michelin energy I had in the past on a similar car were dead after 10,000 miles and the grip is much better.

Having also had a set of budget Die Young Goodride Tyres on a similar car with the same power, I can safely say grip wise they are between the Michelin and the GoodRides but they feel a lot more progressive than Goodrides or Nankangs
tyre reviewed on May 29, 2015
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,800 average miles
I had these fitted as a budget option when a mechanic spotted my previous front tyres had a defect on the inner edges that made them illegal.

I was informed they were mid range from a "trusted brand" and the price was good for a 17" rim so I went with them. Initially I found them OK and as I'm not driving everywhere like Stirling Moss, I found they generally kept the car planted on the road. What soon dawned was the frankly unbearable noise they generated, a nasty deep low constant drone. At one point I was asked by a passenger if'd had the exhaust changed for a sports system. I hoped they would get better but the noise got worse and worse from about 25mph to 70, the car was filled with a mindnumbing drone. Frankly the worst tyres I've ever encountered for noise and as they wore in the worse it got.
tyre reviewed on April 12, 2015
Looking to buy the Evergreen EU72? Click here to search for the best price for the Evergreen EU72 or any other tyre.
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 16,000 spirited miles
These come with my Civic Type R Fn2 Ive done over 16000 miles on them and still some life left in them.

Dry grip very good even better when you get them really warmed up if its damp/greasy you do get abit of slide and understeer but read the road correctly drive to the conditions you shouldn't have any issues
tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz Cla 2000 cdi (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 4, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fgxr6t (225-45-17-)
Evergreen Tyres are great tyre at an even better price,
Despite what every body says on here the evergreen Tyres every bit as good as your top range Tyres like continentals and bridgestones.
I made the swap to evergreen and will never use anything else
For in depth details about the brand search evergreen china.
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 TDI Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I travel some 40,000 miles a year and and have used a variety of tyre brands mainly premium, however having 4 Evergreen 2354517 tyres fitted was quite a surprise. When first fitted I was cautioned to drive carefully as these tyres are silica based and need to run a 'heat cycle' before pushing hard on them and to my amazement the tyres were superb in the dry and also in the wet unless you drive like an idiot too fast for the conditions. I suspect in many of these reviews the drivers are macho, men who think they know everything about cars and driving, so many drivers do not recognise a safe speed for conditions but do not have the mentality to admit it.( the accident rate in the UK proves my point) Evergreen well done a good premium product at an affordable mid range price as a fully qualified advanced driving trainer I do have a clue about this issue and also about tyres 56.000 miles on a set better that if you can.....
tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (225-45-17-)
I used these tyres instead of Toyo DRB's.. Much understeer, not a tyre for the fast driver! They last longer than others!
tyre reviewed on July 3, 2014
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI (225-55-16-R)
How I wish I had read the reviews before having these fitted on my Mercedes E320! Like your previous reviewer I have had ultimate confidence in my car but these tyres have made me very cautious especially in the wet.I had Michelin Primacy 3s all round but when she failed MoT I was told rear tyres were worn on the inside and "would I like the garage to replace them for a mid range tyre?" I said Ok without checking as I needed the car but they are rubbish - very hard and noisy with poor grip.I am concerned that in winter conditions they will be even worse as very hard rubber.
tyre reviewed on June 2, 2014
Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDi R Line Estate (215-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
An appalling tyre! My Michelin Primacy 3s were dead and I went to the local tyre depot. The Michelins were a great tyre but quite a price tag and on a average car (passat esstate) were a bit overkill so I asked if they could recommend a mid-range tyre. They came up with the Evergreen EU72, I had never heard of evergreen before but held the tyre depots opinion in high regard as i've been going there for years.

Very quickly is was apparent that these tyres are not mid-range (ie comparable with Toyo, Falken, etc) they are from the budget bin. I know these are not going to stand up to the reputation of the previous Michelin occupants for my wheels but these are significantly nosier, I have lost 4mpg on the daily 100 mile commute and lateral grip is horrendously diminished!

I've had them on the car for a few months now and tried them in numerous different types or roads and conditions and my conclusion on the grip/responsiveness is that stopping distance in increased slightly, but going round corners is horrific to the point where the car I have driven over 70k miles in sometimes now scares me when I go around corners in the wet.

I've only done 5000 miles on them so far and they look as if they will at least match, if not exceed, the 21k I got out of the last tyres.

Maybe these were mis-sold to me and they should never have been recommended as 'mid-range' but these tyres, in my opinion, are mid-range in price but nothing above budget in performance. I will be going back to the premium brands next time.

Stay safe, and choose another tyre.
tyre reviewed on May 23, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo XC60 (225-45-17-)
Really pleased with these tyres. Noticeably stiffer side walled than the Nexens on previously and the wear is better. Granted it isn't a sports car so I'm not pushing to the limits ever drive but as a good all round road tyre they fit the bill. Continentals did half the mileage and cost twice the price!
tyre reviewed on November 30, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: