Evergreen EU72

The Evergreen EU72 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 42 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 349,602 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Evergreen EU72
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Evergreen EU72

Questions and Answers for the Evergreen EU72

2017-01-10 - I bought an Evergreen tyre labelled DOT KEBO AD J. Can you tell me the year it was manufactured? The usual 3- or 4-digit number is not written on it.

We suggest checking both sides of your Evergreen EU72, the numeric DOT code is a legal requirement and should be printed on the outside of the tyre.

Top Evergreen EU72 Review

Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 TDI Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I travel some 40,000 miles a year and and have used a variety of tyre brands mainly premium, however having 4 Evergreen 2354517 tyres fitted was quite a surprise. When first fitted I was cautioned to drive carefully as these tyres are silica based and need to run a 'heat cycle' before pushing hard on them and to my amazement the tyres were superb in the dry and also in the wet unless you drive like an idiot too fast for the conditions. I suspect in many of these reviews the drivers are macho, men who think they know everything about cars and driving, so many drivers do not recognise a safe speed for conditions but do not have the mentality to admit it.( the accident rate in the UK proves my point) Evergreen well done a good premium product at an affordable mid range price as a fully qualified advanced driving trainer I do have a clue about this issue and also about tyres 56.000 miles on a set better that if you can.....
211 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014

Latest Evergreen EU72 Reviews

Have you driven on the Evergreen EU72 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the EU72.

Given 28% while driving a Audi TT 2.0 Quattro (245/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 150 spirited miles
Avoid like the plague if you value your car and your life! Just picked up a courtesy car with Evergreens all round, on the 15 mile journey home I had 4 incidents of losing grip, this tyre has no we performance. Hit the brakes approaching a roundabout at less than 30mph and took about 30 meters to come to a stop..... which happened to be in the middle of the roundabout in the path of a bus! lucky for me their tyres werent shocking as they were able to stop pretty quicky. I dont understand people commenting here who are saying they are as good as michelins or pirreli's.... which ones? you clearly dont corner with any conviction. My Golf R is fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s all round and its different car than when it had continentals! A few weeks ago a BMW M4 couldnt keep up with me through the corners of a windy A-road (got absolutely smashed when the road straightened up though) but the Audi TT Quattro I have at the moment (a car that isnt missing mechanical grip) understeered at 20 mph! These tyres are a disgrace at any price. You get what you pay for here, £150 for a tyre made in France from the company that supplies the World Endurance Championship (think Le Mans 24Hr) or £50 for a tyre made from recycled plastic in China, a country that didnt have the technical prowess to manufacture ball bearings small enough to fit Biro pens until the turn of the century. Your tyres are the only thing connecting you to the road, its almost unfathomable that someone would put their own safety at risk, if you have a family you probably need to reassess your life. Enjoy the shocking tyres, ill see you in the ditch!
0 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2019
Given 30% while driving a Audi a5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Tyres came fitted with the car. I assume the dealer bought the cheapest tyres on the market and fitted onto the car in order to sell the car quicker and. I've driven one season on them
I do not exaggerate by saying that they're absolutely rubbish. Bad road feedback although dry grip is not the worst. Wet is when these tyres become ditch finders. I literally pray for my life while I hold on to the steering wheel of an Audi Quattro if it starts to rain. Unfortunately I had to experience aquaplaning while overtaking a truck and I assure you that that's the closest I've ever come to death! Never ever have I experienced understeer like I do from these tyres
Mark my words and steer clear from these. There are other budget tyres like Goodride and Rotalla which are far better than evergreens. People that actually like these tyres either drive a shitty car or have never driven on Pirellis and Michelins so it's difficult for them to differentiate between what's good or bad.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2019
Lexus LS430 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 8,000 easy going miles
I have bought a car with four Evergreen tyres on it (225/55 x 17). The tyres were a bit soft when I got the car, so I pumped them up to the recommended 40psi. Two weeks later, they are at 12.5, 15, 15, and 18psi. I can't live with this kind of loss of pressure. I think if it was a valve problem, it would be just the one tyre. All four tyres were fitted in April 2015, about 7-8,000 miles ago, by the Station View Garage in Plymouth. They are already part worn at the outsides, I imagine due to gross under-inflation.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2018
Given 10% while driving a Honda Civic (215/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 22 average miles
In August 2016, I purchased a used 2014 Honda Civic EXL from a Honda dealership as a certified pre-owned car. As part of the certification they put new tires on it. Those tires are the Evergreen EU72. They haven't even lasted 22,000 miles and have less than 4/32 tread life. Both Honda and the dealership refuse to do anything about the way they have NOT lasted. Telling me that life could be anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 miles. If you don't mind replacing the tires every 20K miles, then by all means purchase them. They should have lasted much longer than this. Now I have to get new tires that I can't afford to replace!
1 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2018
Given 49% while driving a Acura 3.2 TL (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
Went to a tire shop to buy used Bridgestone Potenza RE760 with about 4/32 tread depth left in the deepest part. (The outer parts were 2-3/32 in which I changed my mind about them after a day of driving and switched to brand new evergreen eu72.

Initial impressions on dry handling...my tires were chirping when accelerating through a turn. My 4/32 tread RE760s inspired confidence and I never chirped under the same amount of pressure. I thought it was because the tires were new so I wore them in for a couple hundred kms. The EU72s still chirped.

intital impressions on wet handling...I have yet to try but I'm too scared that I'll lose traction and slide into a ditch trying it the same way as the RE760s.

To put things into perspective, the 4/32 tread depth RE760s did not slide AT ALL doing a full lock U-turn a downpour at a parking lot with concrete flooring. (The grippy kind.) My EU72s chirp like little birds and don't make me feel very comfortable in handling corners which was the whole point of buying fresh summer tires. I learned my lesson and I hope others take this lesson into consideration and buy something not made in china because something like an almost worn down Bridgestone tire performed better than these brand new garbage performance tires.

Only thing I could recall as a great thing is that cruising is good and for 2/3 of the price of branded tires, these are good "cruising tires". I was told these were summer performance. The damned chirps on the evergreens are so embarassing! I can't believe that some worn down bridgestone potenza tires performed better than the evergreens.

Definitely spending the extra couple hundred next time to have tires that inspire confidence. For the time being, I'm going to continue wearing them in and hoping for better results. Hope this review helps others reconsider saving a couple hundred for tires that will last you 2-3 years.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2017