Evergreen EU72

The Evergreen EU72 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 40 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 342,452 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Evergreen EU72
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Evergreen EU72

Questions and Answers for the Evergreen EU72

2017-01-10 - I bought an Evergreen tyre labelled DOT KEBO AD J. Can you tell me the year it was manufactured? The usual 3- or 4-digit number is not written on it.

We suggest checking both sides of your Evergreen EU72, the numeric DOT code is a legal requirement and should be printed on the outside of the tyre.

Top Evergreen EU72 Review

Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 TDI Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I travel some 40,000 miles a year and and have used a variety of tyre brands mainly premium, however having 4 Evergreen 2354517 tyres fitted was quite a surprise. When first fitted I was cautioned to drive carefully as these tyres are silica based and need to run a 'heat cycle' before pushing hard on them and to my amazement the tyres were superb in the dry and also in the wet unless you drive like an idiot too fast for the conditions. I suspect in many of these reviews the drivers are macho, men who think they know everything about cars and driving, so many drivers do not recognise a safe speed for conditions but do not have the mentality to admit it.( the accident rate in the UK proves my point) Evergreen well done a good premium product at an affordable mid range price as a fully qualified advanced driving trainer I do have a clue about this issue and also about tyres 56.000 miles on a set better that if you can.....
184 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014

Latest Evergreen EU72 Reviews

Have you driven on the Evergreen EU72 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the EU72.

Lexus LS430 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 8,000 easy going miles
I have bought a car with four Evergreen tyres on it (225/55 x 17). The tyres were a bit soft when I got the car, so I pumped them up to the recommended 40psi. Two weeks later, they are at 12.5, 15, 15, and 18psi. I can't live with this kind of loss of pressure. I think if it was a valve problem, it would be just the one tyre. All four tyres were fitted in April 2015, about 7-8,000 miles ago, by the Station View Garage in Plymouth. They are already part worn at the outsides, I imagine due to gross under-inflation.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2018
Given 10% while driving a Honda Civic (215/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 22 average miles
In August 2016, I purchased a used 2014 Honda Civic EXL from a Honda dealership as a certified pre-owned car. As part of the certification they put new tires on it. Those tires are the Evergreen EU72. They haven't even lasted 22,000 miles and have less than 4/32 tread life. Both Honda and the dealership refuse to do anything about the way they have NOT lasted. Telling me that life could be anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 miles. If you don't mind replacing the tires every 20K miles, then by all means purchase them. They should have lasted much longer than this. Now I have to get new tires that I can't afford to replace!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2018
Given 49% while driving a Acura 3.2 TL (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
Went to a tire shop to buy used Bridgestone Potenza RE760 with about 4/32 tread depth left in the deepest part. (The outer parts were 2-3/32 in which I changed my mind about them after a day of driving and switched to brand new evergreen eu72.

Initial impressions on dry handling...my tires were chirping when accelerating through a turn. My 4/32 tread RE760s inspired confidence and I never chirped under the same amount of pressure. I thought it was because the tires were new so I wore them in for a couple hundred kms. The EU72s still chirped.

intital impressions on wet handling...I have yet to try but I'm too scared that I'll lose traction and slide into a ditch trying it the same way as the RE760s.

To put things into perspective, the 4/32 tread depth RE760s did not slide AT ALL doing a full lock U-turn a downpour at a parking lot with concrete flooring. (The grippy kind.) My EU72s chirp like little birds and don't make me feel very comfortable in handling corners which was the whole point of buying fresh summer tires. I learned my lesson and I hope others take this lesson into consideration and buy something not made in china because something like an almost worn down Bridgestone tire performed better than these brand new garbage performance tires.

Only thing I could recall as a great thing is that cruising is good and for 2/3 of the price of branded tires, these are good "cruising tires". I was told these were summer performance. The damned chirps on the evergreens are so embarassing! I can't believe that some worn down bridgestone potenza tires performed better than the evergreens.

Definitely spending the extra couple hundred next time to have tires that inspire confidence. For the time being, I'm going to continue wearing them in and hoping for better results. Hope this review helps others reconsider saving a couple hundred for tires that will last you 2-3 years.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2017
Given 50% while driving a Vauxhall 2.0 CDi (225/40 R19) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Had these fitted to replace front Bridgestone Potenza tyres. No comparison! I could feel the front of my car had a lot less grip in botht he dry and the wet. Understeered a lot easier.
11 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2017
Given 38% while driving a Ford Focus ST225 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
Had these fitted in an emergency as they were the only tyres in stock from an open garage and my previous tyres were too heavily damaged to be fixed.

Let's get the positives out of the way first. They didn't affect the comfort of my car at all and they didn't feel dangerous. Yes I'm having to reach that much for positives.

The reason I bought the ST was it's mix of handling, power and affordability. My traction control had never been engaged until I put these horrendous things on it, as it had never been necessary. Now it engages every time the turbo comes into play at anything less than 50mph because this tyre struggles so much to put the power down! The handling is totally shot also, so much so I can't drive the car in anything other than sport mode, at which point some of that wonderful steering feedback returns, so I've marked it up to a heady 4 for that...

They've been on just a over a month and now that I've being paid they're being replaced with some decent rubber.

To sum up, if have a performance car or enjoy your driving, do not do this to yourself! I've avoided driving for anything other than commuting since this guff was put on, I'm looking forward to my B-road blasts again once they're a distant memory...

If I'd kept my old 1.6 Focus they'd stay until worn as I ran that car on budget tyres and it still handled like a dream, but then it didn't have half the power I have now! If you're a normal person who drives a normal car, I'm sure they'd be absolutely fine.

(And yes, I know tyres are supposed to be bed in, but my old Pirellis were glorious from day one, so I have taken that into consideration!)
2 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2017