Evergreen EU72

Progressiveness 62%
Evergreen EU72

The Evergreen EU72 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 314,130 miles driven.

Sorry, the Evergreen EU72 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Evergreen EU72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Evergreen EU72. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

205/55 R16 £66.84 - £66.84 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>

Evergreen EU72 Reviews

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC CDTI (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 75,000 easy going miles
I am just about to replace a set of these after covering 75,000 miles (swapped around the car every 9,000 miles). For wear, these are the best tyres I've had so far for my 100 mile daily commute. I got over 50K from Hankook Kinergys previously. I wouldn't say that I'm the best person to rate them for grip etc due to my 'normal' driving style, but I've never had a problem with them. I bought them thinking that they were an 'eco' tyre and although they have a rating of only E, I can confirm that they seem to be much better than that - I read something the other day about how ratings car vary with speed, so maybe there's some truth in that. I achieved my record 96 mpg over my journey to work on these tyres! They've got quite noisy as wear has progressed but most tyres seem to do that, especially if you take them down to legal minimum tread depth like I do, so overall no real complaints - I would buy them again but I like to try different brands, so it's Landsail LS388s for my next set. Cheers :-)
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (235/45 R19) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Just had 2 tyres fitted on the front wheels. Must admit hadn't really heard of them up to now. Were recommended by a friend who has a tyre business. First impressions are positive. Really good grip on cornering and a smooth ride overall. Pleased with tread pattern and depth. Good value for money when compared to premium brands. Certainly recommend them.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2016
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia Estate 1.2TSi (205/45 R16 W) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
Fitted to the Fabia 1.2TSi Estate we bought in April. They are frankly awful. They were fitted to the rear of the car and were noisy and had very bad handling characteristics in damp / wet weather.

On a damp corner at 15mph I managed to get oversteer from them when driving sedately. They had done 4500miles when we bought the car and I did another 8000 miles before calling enough. They still had 7mm of tread left.....

A very bad tyre in anything other than hot dry condition. Very noisy and made a horrible droning noise.

I will not buy or recommend anyone else to buy. Spend the little extra for a decent set of tyres.

Swapped for Falken ZE914 and transformed the car from nervous to solid and quiet.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Sierra Sapphire (195/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 19,000 spirited miles
Ive had a set on my RWD car for the past 19,000 miles, having replaced 4 mismatched tyres and can say for the money they are superb. The rears are now worn out (a issue with rear traction appears when the lead boots come out) and the fronts are halfway through there lifespan. Im happy as the michelin energy I had in the past on a similar car were dead after 10,000 miles and the grip is much better.

Having also had a set of budget Die Young Goodride Tyres on a similar car with the same power, I can safely say grip wise they are between the Michelin and the GoodRides but they feel a lot more progressive than Goodrides or Nankangs
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2015
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,800 average miles
I had these fitted as a budget option when a mechanic spotted my previous front tyres had a defect on the inner edges that made them illegal.

I was informed they were mid range from a "trusted brand" and the price was good for a 17" rim so I went with them. Initially I found them OK and as I'm not driving everywhere like Stirling Moss, I found they generally kept the car planted on the road. What soon dawned was the frankly unbearable noise they generated, a nasty deep low constant drone. At one point I was asked by a passenger if'd had the exhaust changed for a sports system. I hoped they would get better but the noise got worse and worse from about 25mph to 70, the car was filled with a mindnumbing drone. Frankly the worst tyres I've ever encountered for noise and as they wore in the worse it got.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 16,000 spirited miles
These come with my Civic Type R Fn2 Ive done over 16000 miles on them and still some life left in them.

Dry grip very good even better when you get them really warmed up if its damp/greasy you do get abit of slide and understeer but read the road correctly drive to the conditions you shouldn't have any issues
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz Cla 2000 cdi (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
No Comments Left
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fgxr6t (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
Evergreen Tyres are great tyre at an even better price,
Despite what every body says on here the evergreen Tyres every bit as good as your top range Tyres like continentals and bridgestones.
I made the swap to evergreen and will never use anything else
For in depth details about the brand search evergreen china.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2014
Driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 TDI Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I travel some 40,000 miles a year and and have used a variety of tyre brands mainly premium, however having 4 Evergreen 2354517 tyres fitted was quite a surprise. When first fitted I was cautioned to drive carefully as these tyres are silica based and need to run a 'heat cycle' before pushing hard on them and to my amazement the tyres were superb in the dry and also in the wet unless you drive like an idiot too fast for the conditions. I suspect in many of these reviews the drivers are macho, men who think they know everything about cars and driving, so many drivers do not recognise a safe speed for conditions but do not have the mentality to admit it.( the accident rate in the UK proves my point) Evergreen well done a good premium product at an affordable mid range price as a fully qualified advanced driving trainer I do have a clue about this issue and also about tyres 56.000 miles on a set better that if you can.....
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I used these tyres instead of Toyo DRB's.. Much understeer, not a tyre for the fast driver! They last longer than others!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2014