Evergreen EU72

Show all: Evergreen tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Evergreen EU72 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 183,330 miles driven.

Evergreen EU72

78%

69%

71%

Evergreen EU72 Reviews

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fgxr6t (225-45-17-)
Evergreen Tyres are great tyre at an even better price,
Despite what every body says on here the evergreen Tyres every bit as good as your top range Tyres like continentals and bridgestones.
I made the swap to evergreen and will never use anything else
For in depth details about the brand search evergreen china.
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 TDI Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I travel some 40,000 miles a year and and have used a variety of tyre brands mainly premium, however having 4 Evergreen 2354517 tyres fitted was quite a surprise. When first fitted I was cautioned to drive carefully as these tyres are silica based and need to run a 'heat cycle' before pushing hard on them and to my amazement the tyres were superb in the dry and also in the wet unless you drive like an idiot too fast for the conditions. I suspect in many of these reviews the drivers are macho, men who think they know everything about cars and driving, so many drivers do not recognise a safe speed for conditions but do not have the mentality to admit it.( the accident rate in the UK proves my point) Evergreen well done a good premium product at an affordable mid range price as a fully qualified advanced driving trainer I do have a clue about this issue and also about tyres 56.000 miles on a set better that if you can.....
tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014
Looking to buy the Evergreen EU72? Click here to search for the best price for the Evergreen EU72 or any other tyre.

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (225-45-17-)
I used these tyres instead of Toyo DRB's.. Much understeer, not a tyre for the fast driver! They last longer than others!
tyre reviewed on July 3, 2014
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI (225-55-16-R)
How I wish I had read the reviews before having these fitted on my Mercedes E320! Like your previous reviewer I have had ultimate confidence in my car but these tyres have made me very cautious especially in the wet.I had Michelin Primacy 3s all round but when she failed MoT I was told rear tyres were worn on the inside and "would I like the garage to replace them for a mid range tyre?" I said Ok without checking as I needed the car but they are rubbish - very hard and noisy with poor grip.I am concerned that in winter conditions they will be even worse as very hard rubber.
tyre reviewed on June 2, 2014
Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDi R Line Estate (215-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
An appalling tyre! My Michelin Primacy 3s were dead and I went to the local tyre depot. The Michelins were a great tyre but quite a price tag and on a average car (passat esstate) were a bit overkill so I asked if they could recommend a mid-range tyre. They came up with the Evergreen EU72, I had never heard of evergreen before but held the tyre depots opinion in high regard as i've been going there for years.

Very quickly is was apparent that these tyres are not mid-range (ie comparable with Toyo, Falken, etc) they are from the budget bin. I know these are not going to stand up to the reputation of the previous Michelin occupants for my wheels but these are significantly nosier, I have lost 4mpg on the daily 100 mile commute and lateral grip is horrendously diminished!

I've had them on the car for a few months now and tried them in numerous different types or roads and conditions and my conclusion on the grip/responsiveness is that stopping distance in increased slightly, but going round corners is horrific to the point where the car I have driven over 70k miles in sometimes now scares me when I go around corners in the wet.

I've only done 5000 miles on them so far and they look as if they will at least match, if not exceed, the 21k I got out of the last tyres.

Maybe these were mis-sold to me and they should never have been recommended as 'mid-range' but these tyres, in my opinion, are mid-range in price but nothing above budget in performance. I will be going back to the premium brands next time.

Stay safe, and choose another tyre.
tyre reviewed on May 23, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo XC60 (225-45-17-)
Really pleased with these tyres. Noticeably stiffer side walled than the Nexens on previously and the wear is better. Granted it isn't a sports car so I'm not pushing to the limits ever drive but as a good all round road tyre they fit the bill. Continentals did half the mileage and cost twice the price!
tyre reviewed on November 30, 2013
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (205-45-17-)
Had them fitted on my car running on Bilstein PSS coilovers after Toyo DRB's and they are crap.. More noise and understeer at corners! just never gonna buy again!
tyre reviewed on August 24, 2013
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 130 (245-45-18-)
These tyres were put on by the previous owner of my car.

In 15 months of driving with 2 of these at the front of my Insignia I have covered 15,000 spirited miles.

I am an advanced driver, emergency services, so I like to take corners at the limit (without breaking the law).

In all honestly these tyres are actually very good int the dry.

In wet conditions ,the same can not be said! It is a gamble whether or not the front end is going to grip, more often than not the fronts will lose traction and will start skidding.

I really wish they were a better all rounder ask would maybe consider buying again.
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (225-45-17-)
Could t believe it from a "budget" tyre I have had Michelin, Pirelli and continentals previous and these are honestly the best I have had, lasted ages! (And I still drive like a rally driver in my vectra;) ) Edges worn down pretty quick but I guess that may have something to do with my driving style, brilliant tyres 5*
tyre reviewed on August 14, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (205-55-16-V)
Had these fitted at mot a month ago.
Just done 2000 miles and they feel as good as the Michelin they replaced.

Do 200 a week commute and find then very quite.and the
grip feels good at motorway speeds.
Did 1000 last week touring round Scotland and felt like I
had a premium brand on the front.
Will fit to rear when my Avons year down.
And yes i do push on a roads to legal limits
tyre reviewed on July 23, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: