Falken Eurowinter HS439

The Falken Eurowinter HS439 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken Eurowinter HS435

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken Eurowinter HS449

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 190,810 miles driven.

2013 Winter Tyre Overview - Braking - 17th of 50 tyres

2011 AMS Winter Tyre Test - 13th of 14 tyres

• Positive - Very good driving characteristics on dry roads, good comfort.
  • Negative - Unsatisfactory handling on snow, just average in the wet.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken Eurowinter HS439
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken Eurowinter HS439. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Falken Eurowinter HS439 Review

Given 90% while driving a CitroŽn C4 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Really great Tyres. I see no difference between HS439 and Michelin Alpin I have been using before. I recommend...
31 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2013

Latest Falken Eurowinter HS439 Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken Eurowinter HS439 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eurowinter HS439.

Given 68% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Second winter with these on the car and they continue to be a good compromise tyre but are feeling a bit dated. Much better than summer tyres during the short period of snow we had, but they were still struggling a bit getting off my drive and initial pulling away in the street. Once moving they were good and progressive.

Main minor point is dry and wet weather braking. When performing an emergency stop the ABS kicks in way faster than with even budget summer tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
I've used these before on a previous car a number of years ago, but bought some second hand from a friend for a new car I'm running.

In between I've had more modern winter tyres and these definitely feel quite 'last generation' especially when it comes to wet grip and braking.

In dry cold weather I've found them very good, they give a nice gritty feedback through the wheel and I can easily feel how much grip I have. In the wet this applies too, however grip levels even in the cold are less than both my summer tyres and newer winter tyres.

We had a fair bit of snow this winter, and these tyres still did very well in both compacted and slushy snow, even when quite deep. Where cars on summer tyres were getting stuck, I powered on by. Lateral grip in the snow was also impressive.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2018
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 64% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
For a dry winter ok ...
15 - tyre reviewed on December 27, 2016
31 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2013
Given 50% while driving a Volkswagen passat (205/65 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
May be it is a good tyre for Germany, but not for East/North Europe. On icy, snowy road it is crap.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2013