Falken Eurowinter HS449

Falken Eurowinter HS449

The Falken Eurowinter HS449 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken Eurowinter HS439

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 83,400 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2012 Auto Bild 42 Winter Tyre Braking Test - 5th of 43 tyres

2015 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 6th of 19 tyres

2015 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 7th of 51 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken Eurowinter HS449
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken Eurowinter HS449. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Falken Eurowinter HS449 Review

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (195/50 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
This tyre got me interested firstly on looks. Wide lateral shoulder blocks and plenty of sipes. Having used several other winter tyre brands in the past and a interest in winter tyre development I thought I'd give them a try. Regular driving is satisfactory wet or dry but the hs449 come into its
Own up the hills through Derbyshire in around 4/5inchs of fresh snow and slush. The ford puma needs all the help it can get in snow and the hs449 worked better for me than previous high end brands I have tried.
33 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013

Latest Falken Eurowinter HS449 Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken Eurowinter HS449 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eurowinter HS449.

Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo 2005 S60 R (235/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I couldn't fault these winter tyres, they're proper cold rubber, quiet, very good grip and at the same time safe on wet, dry and snow covered roads. On the downside I found them not great on fuel economy probably due to quite soft rubber compound but nothing drastic here. I've just ordered a new set for a 3rd winter in a row. I would recommend them to anyone.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR SC 1.2 TSI (205/40 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
I use the tyres about 8 month in 2 years. I saw all weather conditions, wet, snow, ice... It's still very good at -20 C

I was not waiting this good tyres at this price!
8 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Jazz (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Best deal you can find!
1 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0 (215/55 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
I bought this tires for my wifes New beetle. I definitely say that the price / performance ratio is excellent. We had the opportunity to drive on snow and ice. The grip was more than I expected. I totally recommend.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S60T5 260bhp (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I bought these tyres from Tyreleader in Germany/Poland and to be honest I was really pleased with them. Last winter I drove over 4k miles throughout Europe in middle of the winter, going through snow without issues but I was most impressed when driving in heavy rain, they dispersed the water extremely well, no aquaplaning at all even on high speeds and I felt safe at any time. I personally don't see much wisdom to spend £600 for a set of Continentals when I can have the same level of comfort and safety spending less than a half. The only downsides I could find is that they wear down a bit quicker than Pirelli sottozero which I had a winter before and secondly they felt a bit soft when cornering but not unsafe. All in all, it's a good deal £65 per corner as of 2015 ( 225 45/17) and I'm sure my next set of tyres would be of the same brand.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2015