Falken Eurowinter HS449

Progressiveness 81%
Falken Eurowinter HS449

The Falken Eurowinter HS449 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Falken Eurowinter HS439

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 75,400 miles driven.

195/50 R15 £38.31 - £50.00 (5 prices) Compare Prices >>
195/60 R15 £37.06 - £48.50 (10 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/60 R16 £53.70 - £66.10 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>
215/40 R17 £78.44 - £94.50 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>
215/60 R16 £62.71 - £71.60 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £75.92 - £90.70 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>

Falken Eurowinter HS449 Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR SC 1.2 TSI (205/40 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
I use the tyres about 8 month in 2 years. I saw all weather conditions, wet, snow, ice... It's still very good at -20 C

I was not waiting this good tyres at this price!
tyre reviewed on January 10, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Jazz (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Best deal you can find!
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0 (215/55 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
I bought this tires for my wifes New beetle. I definitely say that the price / performance ratio is excellent. We had the opportunity to drive on snow and ice. The grip was more than I expected. I totally recommend.
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S60T5 260bhp (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I bought these tyres from Tyreleader in Germany/Poland and to be honest I was really pleased with them. Last winter I drove over 4k miles throughout Europe in middle of the winter, going through snow without issues but I was most impressed when driving in heavy rain, they dispersed the water extremely well, no aquaplaning at all even on high speeds and I felt safe at any time. I personally don't see much wisdom to spend £600 for a set of Continentals when I can have the same level of comfort and safety spending less than a half. The only downsides I could find is that they wear down a bit quicker than Pirelli sottozero which I had a winter before and secondly they felt a bit soft when cornering but not unsafe. All in all, it's a good deal £65 per corner as of 2015 ( 225 45/17) and I'm sure my next set of tyres would be of the same brand.
tyre reviewed on November 21, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Coupe 20 Valve Turbo (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 13,000 average miles
great tyres on wet and snow.good ice performance .triple cheaper then premium brands however same performance and quaility.you should go it
tyre reviewed on July 21, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Have these tyres on my C30 and they have been the best winter tyres I've ever had and I've had a far few sets on different cars over the 5 years we have been living up in the north Pennines of England. I've run these in every condition including a good few inches of snow in town and in the countryside and they are great with no problems at all, in fact you have more trouble standing up when you get out the car on the frozen compacted snow to get in the car than you do driving ! I've still got them on now and should really swap back to my summer tyres but if honest I've no reason to as the grip is ace and there no real noise difference just the softer rubber is likely to wear more I guess, but otherwise I'd just run them all the time. If you are here on this site checking what to buy for winter use then first I'd say get winter tyres they change the whole experience of winter driving and you owe it to everyone you take in your car to be as safe as possible and with that in mind buy these tyres, they might not have the price tag of the premium brands but they do have the more important performance to out class those premium brands
tyre reviewed on April 24, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2 (215/40 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Had never felt the need for winter tyres in the past,decided to give it a go. Tyres were fitted on monday morning,woke up wednesday morning behold lots of snow [Northern Ireland] Baptism by fire I thought, totally un-believable no loss of traction, sliding or braking fears. Travelled through fresh snow 5 inches deep no lateral movement at all, through 3-4 inches of slush/snow no traction problems. These tyres are phenomenal and very well worth a go. Front wheel drive, no traction control and tuned stayed true on course of 20 miles of above conditions. Next outing special stage rally in snow ye ha !!!
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,600 average miles
I have Falken Eurowinter 225/45/17 run flats on my BMW 320d auto.
Got them fitted beginning of November 2014 and have done just over 1600 miles.
Excellent in both dry and wet although I don't thrash my cars.
Earlier this week drove on frozen compacted snow for the first time (I live on an estate built on a steep hillside that causes horrendous problems every winter it snows)and had no problems whatsoever. Stopped half way up bank at steepest point and just pulled away normally.
These tyres also have rim protection.
Excellent tyre at very reasonable price.
tyre reviewed on January 16, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer VR Sportback (215/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Not tested on snow yet, but they're great on icy road with sub-zero temperature. Also great on wet road and rainy conditions. On mountain roads, with ice, it seems to run on railways!
tyre reviewed on January 1, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (205/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 500 average miles
No Comments Left