Falken Eurowinter HS449

Show all: Falken tyres, Passenger Car Winter Premium Touring tyres
The Falken Eurowinter HS449 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 37,300 miles driven.

Falken Eurowinter HS449

91%

90%

Progressiveness
78%

Wear

93%

Falken Eurowinter HS449 Reviews

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX-3 V6 (205-55-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
Can't tell anything about the tyre's behaviour in snow, as here in my area of Germany there was no snow at all this season. But what I can tell is that these tyres are exceptional in wet and especially dry conditions. They grip like hell! In the dry, I don't even come close to their limit and in the wet, where you should drive more safly anyway, it is much the same. Moreover, the HS449 is quiet and comfortable as well.

I've driven around 6000 km since I fitted them to my little MX-3 and I just can't tell whether there has been any wear; despite the dry conditions this winter, tread is still plenty. I assume, the HS449 are good for another 10000 kilometers.

My conclusion: There is really no need to throw money down the drain for a so called "premium tyre". What makes them "premium" is just their brand name and the prices they make you pay. I will recommend the Falken HS449 to anyone who is about to buy a new set of winter-tyres!

I used Firestone and Uniroyal winters before, but I will stick to the Falken HS449 as long as they produce it.

Buy 'em, bolt 'em on and be amazed!
tyre reviewed on April 3, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz smart four two 102cv. (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,500 average miles
Among all winter tires even from top brands in the European market, the new generation of falken are exceptional, especially on snow, then if you consume before, no matter safty drive is the most important.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2014
Looking to buy the Falken Eurowinter HS449? Click here to search for the best price for the Falken Eurowinter HS449 or any other tyre.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault (185-60-15-T)
there are many of these negative comments Falken HS 449, but trusting the judgment of a friend, I purchased and am very happy. I was able to try them in all conditions, wet and dry in the middle of all the other, the snow uphill no problem, I can safely forget the chains, it will be because the Renault Clio is a light car. Tires promoted with flying colors!
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz glk 320 cdi (235-60-17-H)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520i (215-60-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
Great tyres! On my BMW in the winter they are just doing great. No issues on snow, ice, rain etc.

You have to try it!
tyre reviewed on August 28, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (205-60-16-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
I was the first to review these tyres but they were very new and had only done about 1000miles and temperatures had not dropped below 4 degrees at the time of the review. I have now done 6000 miles and it's been down to -11 and 6 inches of snow encountered ... and dealt with , with ease.
The tyres remain quiet and you can sense and hear them approaching the limit very easily. On ice and snow they are very capable.
However they have worn more than I anticipated and that is my only reservation.
I had 4 Conti Winter Contact TS830's on my previous car which were excellent and after 2 winters / 8000 miles had only worn to 8mm. These are now on 6mm front and 7mm rear after 6000 miles. But they were £75 fitted whereas new Conti's were £115, so given the cost to wear, there is nothing in it. They will just get replace after next winter, after which I will probably change the car anyway.
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318D (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
Overal for me this is a great winter tyre and not too expensive.

Dry
Grip on dry is very good, though it's not excellent. Especially when the temperatures rises in winter above 7℃ you can feel the tyre performance drop (but i suppose that's for every winter tyre due to their rubber composition). When it's cold the performance is very good, it's responsive and if i want to do a small drift i really have to push my car.

Wet
The tyre really stands out on wet, cold roads. It's responsive an very predictable. When i'm driving on some country roads i can tell when i'm going to let my rear end slide out, every time. (i slide it on purpose, not because of the tyres).

Snow
I'm actually someone that goes for a drive when it has snowed. It's the first year i drive RWD so this was exiting. And 'oh my' did it perform. When driving normal i couldn't notice the difference between my RWD car and my previous FWD Alfa Romeo. Driving uphill in 5-6cm of snow was not a problem. I only got stuck once in about 12-14cm of deep snow, lightly uphill wanting to go standing still.
But again, here, very predictable.
tyre reviewed on March 29, 2013
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (195-50-15-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
This tyre got me interested firstly on looks. Wide lateral shoulder blocks and plenty of sipes. Having used several other winter tyre brands in the past and a interest in winter tyre development I thought I'd give them a try. Regular driving is satisfactory wet or dry but the hs449 come into its
Own up the hills through Derbyshire in around 4/5inchs of fresh snow and slush. The ford puma needs all the help it can get in snow and the hs449 worked better for me than previous high end brands I have tried.
tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback (215-60-16-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
An interesting one this. These tyres seem to produce mixed reviews, but I can honestly say that on snow, frozen roads or very cold but waterlogged roads, they are predictable, grippy and confident when fitted to a Subaru Outback. I drove the 30 miles into work this morning starting on 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow that had fallen on ice. This turned to deep slush, and then deep puddles and heavy rain, and not once did I feel compromised.I live in the Cairngorms and have 2 miles on unclassified twisting, undulating track to drive before I get to a B road, and the car never once mis behaved. Even a sharp off camber junction leading to a steep uphill section saw no dramas at all. Last week we have a flash freeze warning and I drove home with large patches of black ice on the same road, and again, the car just pulled through it all on these tyres. I have only been using them for 4 weeks, but it has all been in conditions that would have had the previous tyres (Geolanders) asking questions (hence the change). Even mucking about in my field in snow and mud the car was extremely predictable and controllable despite provoked 4 wheel drifts. All in all a very capable tyre in typical Scottish winter conditions.
tyre reviewed on December 3, 2012
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 Series (205-60-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
These are very new and seems few people have them so I cant rate wear.I have covered 1000 miles so far, in temperatures ranging 4-11 degrees. No snow yet so I cant comment on actual effectiveness below zero, but sure they are going to be far superior to summer tyres. They are very quiet and grip well.
tyre reviewed on November 19, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: