Falken Eurowinter HS449

The Falken Eurowinter HS449 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken Eurowinter HS439

Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 173,406 miles driven.

2017 50 Winter Tyre Shoot Out - 21st of 45 tyres

2016 AutoBild Winter Tyre Test - 17th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good value, ok in the snow
  • Negative - Low aquaplaning resistance, poor dry performance

2016 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 12th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken Eurowinter HS449

Questions and Answers for the Falken Eurowinter HS449

2017-04-01 - Purchased a BMW 3 series with Eurowinter rotation tyres. I live in the UK where temperatures range from -3 (rarely) to 20 degrees celcius. Can I use these tyres in the warmer months or do they need replacing?

Legally you can use the Falken HS449 winter tyre year round, however you will find the grip, in particularly wet grip in the warmer months will be poor, so it is recommended you make the switch to summer tyres.

2017-05-04 - can these tires be used all year long or just in the winter;what do you recommend?

While the Falken HS449 can be used year round, you will notice a significant drop in performance during the summer months, specifically in dry and wet braking. This is why we always recommend switching back to summer tyres during the summer months.

Top Falken Eurowinter HS449 Review

Given 70% while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (195/50 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
This tyre got me interested firstly on looks. Wide lateral shoulder blocks and plenty of sipes. Having used several other winter tyre brands in the past and a interest in winter tyre development I thought I'd give them a try. Regular driving is satisfactory wet or dry but the hs449 come into its
Own up the hills through Derbyshire in around 4/5inchs of fresh snow and slush. The ford puma needs all the help it can get in snow and the hs449 worked better for me than previous high end brands I have tried.
129 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013

Latest Falken Eurowinter HS449 Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken Eurowinter HS449 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eurowinter HS449.

Given 64% while driving a Skoda Superb 2.0Tdi DSG6 170hp (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
I bought my car Skoda Superb ( 2wd ) already with this tyres . 225/40R18 So i decided to used them . I often travel to the mountains where I have notice even with a small amount of snow on the road really terrible grib . I read that DSG transmision isn t best solution for the snow and front power wheels. . But even on flat surface i break traction immediately , when you get goin is ok , but when i drove up the hill on snowy normal country road i had many problems passing thru. And I m really talkin about small hills. You need a lot of speed , non brakin , goin side ways on turns with ESP off every time to maybe pass it. But the moment you stop uphill on "white " road you done .

This is really good tyre for the city and some normal road trips . If you use it as most of people do you probable won t understand what i m talkin about.
So if you drive on snow maybe up to 5 times a year and mostly in the city . That s really good tyre for average price.
On dry surface again if you used normally you won t notice loose of traction . Good in fast turns .
These same thing on wet road it s really stable.
It s just not the the tyre for snow :) .

I can easily use it for two more winter season , but because of my several trips in the winter to the mountains i need something better.
Continental wintercontact ts 850 p 225/40 r18 will be my choice up comin winter .
I hope my opinion will help somebody .
0 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Subaru Outback (215/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had them for 3 years on a Subaru Outback 2.5i. I've rated the tyre in comparison to the level of grip any road legal tyre can have, not in comparison to other winter tyres.
Dry grip is good for a winter tyre with good braking and cornering, but nothing compares to summer tyres on a dry surface even in cold.
After 3 winters they have a lot of thread left, became a bit stiff, but I'm sure they can still handle well.
Handled snow like it was on rails in combination with the AWD system and would progressively start to slide only if accelerator was abused.
Wet & cold is where it suffers. It starts to understeer more than in snow and braking is not good either, so if you live in a place where winter = cold rains, I would not recommend. If you have snow, they will do really well. Even drove in a freezing rain when it was recorded the highest number of accidents and managed to get out safe even if it would slip while trying to start moving.
Noise was acceptable.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (185/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Covered about 20,000 miles on these and they still have loads of tread left. I have had them all continuously through winter and summer alike.
Quieter than the OEM Dunlops although a 5-10% penalty at the pumps.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6 spirited miles
Had these on the Alfa Romeo Brera V6 Q4 since September last year ... in normal conditions they perform well, good in the wet and dry, now we have had some proper winter conditions here in the UK and I have been driving in the snow for the last few days, and I must say they are exemplary... yes the car has 4wd, but a 2wd car in the snow on winters is better than a 4wd on summers in the snow! The grip is very good and confidence inspiring... able to brake down hill on packed snow (car weights 1.8 tons too!) able to climb any hill I'm presented with , generally feel fantastic compared to most of the other people tip toeing around and sliding about.... thoroughly recommended, and a decent price!
1 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Subaru 04 WRX (215/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
Fitted these Falken HS 449 2 years ago to my Subaru and very impressed all round. Great in the dry, very good in the wet and completely capable in heavy snow. A tough tyre that I use all year round. Very recommendable.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2018