Falken Eurowinter HS449

Show all: Falken tyres, Passenger Car Winter Premium Touring tyres
The Falken Eurowinter HS449 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 44,400 miles driven.

Falken Eurowinter HS449

88%

88%

95%

Falken Eurowinter HS449 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2 (215-40-17-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Had never felt the need for winter tyres in the past,decided to give it a go. Tyres were fitted on monday morning,woke up wednesday morning behold lots of snow [Northern Ireland] Baptism by fire I thought, totally un-believable no loss of traction, sliding or braking fears. Travelled through fresh snow 5 inches deep no lateral movement at all, through 3-4 inches of slush/snow no traction problems. These tyres are phenomenal and very well worth a go. Front wheel drive, no traction control and tuned stayed true on course of 20 miles of above conditions. Next outing special stage rally in snow ye ha !!!
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-45-17-)
I have Falken Eurowinter 225/45/17 run flats on my BMW 320d auto.
Got them fitted beginning of November 2014 and have done just over 1600 miles.
Excellent in both dry and wet although I don't thrash my cars.
Earlier this week drove on frozen compacted snow for the first time (I live on an estate built on a steep hillside that causes horrendous problems every winter it snows)and had no problems whatsoever. Stopped half way up bank at steepest point and just pulled away normally.
These tyres also have rim protection.
Excellent tyre at very reasonable price.
tyre reviewed on January 16, 2015
Looking to buy the Falken Eurowinter HS449? Click here to search for the best price for the Falken Eurowinter HS449 or any other tyre.

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer VR Sportback (215-45-18-V)
Not tested on snow yet, but they're great on icy road with sub-zero temperature. Also great on wet road and rainy conditions. On mountain roads, with ice, it seems to run on railways!
tyre reviewed on January 1, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (205-50-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX-3 V6 (205-55-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
Can't tell anything about the tyre's behaviour in snow, as here in my area of Germany there was no snow at all this season. But what I can tell is that these tyres are exceptional in wet and especially dry conditions. They grip like hell! In the dry, I don't even come close to their limit and in the wet, where you should drive more safly anyway, it is much the same. Moreover, the HS449 is quiet and comfortable as well.

I've driven around 6000 km since I fitted them to my little MX-3 and I just can't tell whether there has been any wear; despite the dry conditions this winter, tread is still plenty. I assume, the HS449 are good for another 10000 kilometers.

My conclusion: There is really no need to throw money down the drain for a so called "premium tyre". What makes them "premium" is just their brand name and the prices they make you pay. I will recommend the Falken HS449 to anyone who is about to buy a new set of winter-tyres!

I used Firestone and Uniroyal winters before, but I will stick to the Falken HS449 as long as they produce it.

Buy 'em, bolt 'em on and be amazed!
tyre reviewed on April 3, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz smart four two 102cv. (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,500 average miles
Among all winter tires even from top brands in the European market, the new generation of falken are exceptional, especially on snow, then if you consume before, no matter safty drive is the most important.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault (185-60-15-T)
there are many of these negative comments Falken HS 449, but trusting the judgment of a friend, I purchased and am very happy. I was able to try them in all conditions, wet and dry in the middle of all the other, the snow uphill no problem, I can safely forget the chains, it will be because the Renault Clio is a light car. Tires promoted with flying colors!
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz glk 320 cdi (235-60-17-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520i (215-60-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
Great tyres! On my BMW in the winter they are just doing great. No issues on snow, ice, rain etc.

You have to try it!
tyre reviewed on August 28, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (205-60-16-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
I was the first to review these tyres but they were very new and had only done about 1000miles and temperatures had not dropped below 4 degrees at the time of the review. I have now done 6000 miles and it's been down to -11 and 6 inches of snow encountered ... and dealt with , with ease.
The tyres remain quiet and you can sense and hear them approaching the limit very easily. On ice and snow they are very capable.
However they have worn more than I anticipated and that is my only reservation.
I had 4 Conti Winter Contact TS830's on my previous car which were excellent and after 2 winters / 8000 miles had only worn to 8mm. These are now on 6mm front and 7mm rear after 6000 miles. But they were £75 fitted whereas new Conti's were £115, so given the cost to wear, there is nothing in it. They will just get replace after next winter, after which I will probably change the car anyway.
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: