Falken ZE912

Falken ZE912 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 59% while driving a Volvo C30 2.0L Petrol (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
Had no choice but to replace my front pair of Continental SportContact3 with this. Prior to that I also had a pair of Dunlop LM Sport 703 at the rear due to a really bad tire puncture beforehand. No choice for the tire since the tire size was rare for the market. Rotated them regularly and felt that overall, this was better than the Dunlop. You can bring it to the limit. had 3 puncture repairs and it was still performing OK. Quick accelerations caused it to slip but it maintains the direction and does not affect the steering. It delivered way better performance than my Dunlop but my only gripe was the wear. Noticed that it was dangerously worn and was showing the inside already but the tire held up well. Sidewall is indeed strong. Run it with an almost flat for 5miles and it still was OK. The rubber compound though was soft which contributed to its performance and had bad wear characteristics.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2018
Given 59% while driving a (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,427 average miles
Tyre was fitted 20k km before around early this year and now it has come its end. In terms of comfort and grip, it has served me well even though this is a more regular car bias than an SUV. I was referred to this tire from the Chinese GT Radial which comes stock with my Chinese and it is horrible and noisy. This tyre however, is able to take the whole weight of the car without a problem. I have even squeeze 8 passengers in this 5 seaters and nothing happened. Grips are great as well on both wet and dry conditions.
Wear wise, it is very quick, considering I fitted this on my FWD SUV. Right now, after 20k km, the front tires are left with less than a cm depth while the rear had barely wear.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2018
Given 76% while driving a Peugeot 206 1.6 xt (195/60 R14) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Contradictory personality, tough sidewall , firm but must confess it made me up to take it to the border of the car's limitations!
6 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2018
Given 76% while driving a MG MGF (215/40 R16) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
(Australia) Have had these and other Falkens on the front and rear (currently just the rear) of an MGF. The front tyres are currently Nankangs which are good, but the Falkens definitely have the edge on those. We previously had a Series II Mazda MX5 which came on Pirellis and was terrifying in the wet until we switched it to Falkens. Dry grip never ceases to amaze me, ditto wet grip, progressive breakaway, quick recovery, good steering feel. Can't comment on noise as these are pretty noisy cars anyway, but for now they are my tire of choice, I can't imagine it's worth spending more, especially having been let down so dangerously by one of the big Euro names.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2017
Given 91% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 sporting (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
These were great fun on my Grande Punto, and very reasonably priced. Shame they don't do them in the size for my current car, as I would've brought again.

Punto 1.9 Multijet was remapped from 130 - 190ps, which made for a seriously quick little car even for a diesel (0-60 in about 6.5). Never got around to taking it on a track day, but the Falkens would've made this great fun. Did about 8,000 miles on them before selling, and they seemed to be holding up well. I wish I'd kept the car longer to get more use on these, because they put the Nexens on my current vehicle to shame. Trying Maxxis' on the new car, which seem better but nowhere near the Falkens. Will keep my eyes open to see if they ever do my size...
5 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2016
Given 94% while driving a Renault Megane 2 sedan (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
The most silent tyre ever!
Even better than Barez & Yazd Tyre!
73 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2016
Given 77% while driving a BMW 3 series (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
After changing to these tyres the car felt amazing to drive, the steering was sharp and instant on E90 3 series Msport.
Very firm for the Msport but the sharp steering and good grip dry/wet made up for it. Had to reduce the tyre pressure to ease bumps for the firm side walls.
Took my tyre garage a few goes to get the tyres balanced for motorway speeds. Wear was ok, 14k miles.
6 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2016