Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE914

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 66 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 660,365 miles driven.

2017 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 11 tyres

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good resistance to aquaplaning, acceptable handling on dry surfaces
  • Negative - The longest braking distance on wet surfaces, long braking distance on dry surfaces

2016 AMS SUV / 4x4 Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

2017-02-20 - Are these tyres directional please.

The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun is an asymmetric tyre

2017-10-19 - Is this the same tyre as the ZE914'A' Ecorun? There are various sellers of this tyre and there seem to be many differing descriptions, including one with SO as a suffix. What is going on with this tyre? Personally I think that the VW/AUDI group are claiming it as their own!!

ZE914A is OEM version of the tyre. No difference between ZE914 and Ecorun.

2017-10-20 - If they are the same, what accounts for their different ratings. The ecorun scores worse than the predecessor. Although the ZE914A has better economy wet grip and noise levels. Anomaly?

Mid life updates and OE requirements can change how a tyre behaves during the EU label testing, if that's the scoring you're referring to.

Top Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Review

Given 100% while driving a BMW E39 5 series (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
I was so disappointed about the comfort and steering of my 5er when her 18" M alloys wore P Zero and Eagle F1. The car drove like an overloaded lorry in ruts and on flat tyres. I was about to give up 18" in favour of standard 16" but decided to give them a very last chance, with reasonably priced tyres this time. I went for Falken ZIEX 912 (now 914) and - my goodness - what a change! Where have you been whole my life? Finally the car drives like it should! Road cracks nicely damped, great handling on wet (confident ride 160km/h on autobahn in the rain), reasonably long lasting. What can you ask more? It's a 3rd pair of 912/914 I order today. For 1,5t saloon, it's a tyre worth of every penny.
151 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun.

Given 80% while driving a Peugeot 206 GTI 180 (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 32,000 spirited miles
The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun I've been putting it on since the end of 2016 and so far I've been doing 30000 km. It's a very good tire in general and I strongly suggest it in this type of carbody. If someone drives more eco-friendly they could get at least 12,000 km at a time. Take great care when approaching a pavement because it is very soft and vulnerable to this point.I would put it again but I'm going to check out the new Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Opel zafira 1.8 140 mont. 2008 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I live in Greece in Athens and I mainly circulate in the city, but sometimes provincial and national roads. My style of driving is not very conservative. I drive fast, safely, but since I have put these tires, the limits of the car have gone up too much and my own. I have an Opel Zafira B 1.8 model 2008, These are the tires Falken Ziex 914 Ecorun (205/55/16 91V). I have driven with michelin, goodyear, contis, hankook, pirelli, bridgestone, and many other branded tires on this
 and other cars. The Falken 914, by far the best in all places. I have never felt safer, on all routes and in all weather (except extreme frost and excessive snow.) In snow (10 cm, not frozen) but inside the city, I have gone without chains for a very short distance and with caution and went well). I bought them after searching in reviews in July 2016 to replace Hankook 4 season. They cost 240 € (quadruple) mounted. From the first moment I was excited about the behavior of the car. It had absolutely nothing to do with what I knew. Absolutely confident in both dry and wet. I drive mainly in the city and the periphery I live, quickly and rarely provincial roads. I spent about 34,000 km with them and they still have so much. The comfort is very good. Noise too small. There have been moments in both dry and wet that I had to brag directly and intensely to avoid an accident and really saved me with my family. I can not even imagine what the result would be with other elasticated and anonymous tires. This summer I changed them. I put them back to adjust the wear. They have to give at least 20-25 thousand kilometers before being replaced, again with Falken. I for safety of myself and my family, I only choose the best. I sincerely recommend you without any reservation. Try them and be excited.
8 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Smart ForFour 1.5 passion (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
These are really high quality tyres, with all around performance. They are excellent in the dry, providing good feedback and response, I drive my car hard so this is appreciated. The sidewall is pretty solid, until you reach the limits of grip, but its still very controllable when it starts to give. There was no significant drop off in dry performance which is something I was quite impressed with. The tyres should probably have lasted another 5000km, but I had an issue with camber on my one wheel, so the inside wore out. Tyre life is acceptable, expect to get 35-50000km out of these tyres on South African roads. Wet performance is on par with my previous Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's, so quite safe, but not exceptional, it did of course get worse as the tread wore down which is normal. I think these are probably the best bang for buck tyre in this size, especially considering most comparable tyres are focused more towards softness and comfort (they're still comfortable, just with way more performance), instead of driver enjoyment. I was so happy with these tyres, I replaced it with another pair!
2 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2018
Given 44% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
Was forced to install Falkens when had a puncture, initially tyres had good feed back, better than Chinese cheaps on wet, the surprise came at a later stage after 15000 miles, when the tread was at 5-4mm , the wet performance just dropped off the cliff, caught me by surprise as I almost lost it on my usual work commute on a roundabout at a normal speed. Huge understeer, the performance Conte he'd to become worse as the tyre wore. Not going to buy again as the price they ask for it, doesn't match the performce, there are better alternatives at this price range.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018