Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE914

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 70 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 739,365 miles driven.

2017 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 11 tyres

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good resistance to aquaplaning, acceptable handling on dry surfaces
  • Negative - The longest braking distance on wet surfaces, long braking distance on dry surfaces

2016 AMS SUV / 4x4 Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

2017-02-20 - Are these tyres directional please.

The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun is an asymmetric tyre

2017-10-19 - Is this the same tyre as the ZE914'A' Ecorun? There are various sellers of this tyre and there seem to be many differing descriptions, including one with SO as a suffix. What is going on with this tyre? Personally I think that the VW/AUDI group are claiming it as their own!!

ZE914A is OEM version of the tyre. No difference between ZE914 and Ecorun.

2017-10-20 - If they are the same, what accounts for their different ratings. The ecorun scores worse than the predecessor. Although the ZE914A has better economy wet grip and noise levels. Anomaly?

Mid life updates and OE requirements can change how a tyre behaves during the EU label testing, if that's the scoring you're referring to.

Top Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Review

Given 100% while driving a BMW E39 5 series (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
I was so disappointed about the comfort and steering of my 5er when her 18" M alloys wore P Zero and Eagle F1. The car drove like an overloaded lorry in ruts and on flat tyres. I was about to give up 18" in favour of standard 16" but decided to give them a very last chance, with reasonably priced tyres this time. I went for Falken ZIEX 912 (now 914) and - my goodness - what a change! Where have you been whole my life? Finally the car drives like it should! Road cracks nicely damped, great handling on wet (confident ride 160km/h on autobahn in the rain), reasonably long lasting. What can you ask more? It's a 3rd pair of 912/914 I order today. For 1,5t saloon, it's a tyre worth of every penny.
170 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun.

Given 86% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 45,000 easy going miles
Had these tyres already fitted on my Octavia when I bought it. Had heard about Falken tyres but never used them before. I am an easy going driver, but these tyres held up very well. I have put about 60,000 kms on my car in 3 years and rotate the tyres front to back once a year. Tyres have around 2,5mm of tread left so looking to replace soon. Tyres have held up very well. Sidewalls are quite stiff. Do get a little noisey when tread is low. Have priced up a new set and are well worth the money.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Skoda Superb 3 L&K 4x4 Combi 2.0TD (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Nice comfortabel tyre, 45000 km even wear. Not good or bad in any way, just ok. Good at higher speeds in Germany just not sharp. Noise and comfort nice.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDi R Line Estate (215/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Mediocre middle-class tyres mostly made i Thailand, but you can rely on them.
Road feedback and comfort is mediocre at best, they just feel and sound like modern hard eco-tires. I had Michelin Primacy 3's on my former car, a Volvo V70 2010 and I have to say, the Primacies gave a bit better feeback and had better comfort. But, Falken ZE914 are not bad tires. They give almost no feedback for better or worse and feel stiff and numb, but they have tremendous dry-grip, they just never slip and I haven't had any problems when driving in rain either and aquaplaning has never occurred. They do feel very hard when you hit potholes (with normal tire pressure), but the car never wanders when driving on badly mantained highways.
I don't know about long-time wear yet. I haven't driven them more than 3000 miles, but they still look like new, all 4 tires have 7 mm left (8mm new) so I suppose they'll easily last 15000-20000 miles.
My opinion is that you get your bang for the buck, but you also somewhat get what you pay for. I bought these because they were 30% cheaper than Michelin Primacy 4's or Conti PremiumContacts 6's for my car and with that price difference I would definitely buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Bought these after Firestone Roadhawk, and my Good, what a positive transformation. Dry and wet grip are very good, they feel a little bit stiffer but as you warming them more and more (in dry) they become softer and performing better and better. Unlike Firestones, handling and cornering is much better, I'm amazed with how much confidence I can enter corner with my little VW ''dragon''. :) I'm amazed how much grip these tyres are providing. Road feedback is very good and they are not so noisy. Only little negative thing is that over a bumpy road, ride can get a little bit uncomfortable. Overall, great tyres for the price, I highly recommend them and would buy them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Peugeot 206 GTI 180 (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 32,000 spirited miles
The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun I've been putting it on since the end of 2016 and so far I've been doing 30000 km. It's a very good tire in general and I strongly suggest it in this type of carbody. If someone drives more eco-friendly they could get at least 12,000 km at a time. Take great care when approaching a pavement because it is very soft and vulnerable to this point.I would put it again but I'm going to check out the new Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2018