Federal Formoza FD1

Show all: Federal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Federal Formoza FD1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 54% over 99,378 miles driven.

Federal Formoza FD1

58%

54%

32%

Federal Formoza FD1 Reviews

Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (225-45-17-)
Could not believe how quick the tread wore out on these and will never go for this brand again....also pretty noisy.
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2014
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.6 xt (195-55-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 333 easy going miles
I accidentaly run over a buss curb in 50km/h so my right front tyre blow its steel cords, so they are sticking out on that tyre 10mm by 20mm. Law says its illegal so I have to change that but there was no tyre in that size anymore, discontinued tyre. So I have to go and get two new ones.
8kg tyre rubber weight, 330aaa rubber for that size, ranges from 230-340aaa in the sizes
tyre reviewed on January 5, 2014
Looking to buy the Federal Formoza FD1? Click here to search for the best price for the Federal Formoza FD1 or any other tyre.

Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (225-45-17-)
Fighting like hell to get 28,000 miles out of this tire on a Honda fit.
this tire is virtually a scam, at 20,000 I had a tire separate so bad it was unrunable.Had to buy another Formoza, Schawab only gave me 25%. Now at 28,000 I have steel cords showing on two more tires and the 3rd old tire has a band separating. (shakes at 60 mph) but still trying to get every short changed scammed dollar out of these tires.

Spend Your cash on a better tire...like Yokohama or something don't buy these.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2013
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio III 1.2 55kW (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
These are the worst tyres I have ever bought, £52 a corner and I have worn them out in 5000 miles, my Continental PC2's lasted me 15k. These Federals are dangerous in the wet even when new with very little grip and in the dry still questionable levels of grip.
tyre reviewed on November 2, 2012
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Daewoo Matiz (175-60-13-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 45 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2012
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
v
tyre reviewed on May 29, 2012
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Swift 1.3l 2007 (185-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
The wear on these tyres has been minimal over 10,000 miles suggesting a hard rubber compound that gives reasonable performance in the dry. In the wet, the feedback is good, but unfortunately the tyres are telling you that they have minimal grip which translates to significant understeer at relatively low speeds. I would not want to brake hard in the wet and always drive defensively to avoid the possibility. They have M+S stamped on them which used to mean Mud & Snow when I was a lad. I'm not sure what it means now but whilst the tyres are ok on fresh snow their performance in slush or on ice is poor. As a budget tyre for driving around in the dry they are fine but any hint of wet weather requires a large adjustment in expectation and speed.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2011
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CRX Si (195-65-14-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
So I have these on a crx si with a zc swap, exhaust, lightweight flywheel, racing clutch, and an intake, the cars def. Not slow, with that said these tires handle everything I throw at them with this car, I drive tons of miles per day for work in very mountainous conditions, they handle well in dry and wet, not too Much noise that I can tell, I havnt even rotated them yet so the wear is a bit uneven, the fronts still have about 60% tread and the rears have 80%, with 30k hard miles on them. I wouldn't reccomend for someone looking for a higher performance tyre, but I'd deffinately reccomend for someone looking for a decent reliable tyre.
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2010
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (215-45-18-W)
I've now had these tyres for just about 6k and because of a puncture, I'm replacing both fronts. Just as well as they're terrible! The dry grip is ok, but there's little feedback to tell you when grip is about to run out - just LOTS of road noise. Wet grip is exciting and care is needed even at low speeds. The real pain is the wear - 6k on the driven wheels and I reckon there's no more than 3mm of tread left. A poor performance from a budget tyre. Here's hoping the Falken 452's I've ordered do much better.
tyre reviewed on June 20, 2009
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (215-45-18-W)
It's early days since I put these on the front of my Mazda 3MPS so there are things I haven't offered an opinion on just yet. In general, the tyre feels sure-footed, dry or wet, and provides plenty of feel and grip. I haven't pushed too hard yet, so I'll write another review when I have and also offer info on wear etc
tyre reviewed on October 12, 2008

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: