Federal Formoza FD1

Progressiveness 55%
Federal Formoza FD1

The Federal Formoza FD1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 102,378 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Federal Formoza FD1
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Federal Formoza FD1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Federal Formoza FD1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Federal Formoza FD1 Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
These tyre were fiited on the car when I bought it, so not my choice, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well the car handled and road noise was minimal.

Can't comment on wear as they came off after less than 3000 miles to be swapped for winter rubber, but they've been put in the loft and will definately be going back on next summer. Certainly there is no noticeable wear on them yet and they look like brand new tyres still.

Having looked up the price of them, I was expecting them to be truely arwful but was actually quite impressed.
0 | - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2014
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Could not believe how quick the tread wore out on these and will never go for this brand again....also pretty noisy.
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2014
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.6 xt (195/55 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 333 easy going miles
I accidentaly run over a buss curb in 50km/h so my right front tyre blow its steel cords, so they are sticking out on that tyre 10mm by 20mm. Law says its illegal so I have to change that but there was no tyre in that size anymore, discontinued tyre. So I have to go and get two new ones.
8kg tyre rubber weight, 330aaa rubber for that size, ranges from 230-340aaa in the sizes
0 | - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 28,000 average miles
Fighting like hell to get 28,000 miles out of this tire on a Honda fit.
this tire is virtually a scam, at 20,000 I had a tire separate so bad it was unrunable.Had to buy another Formoza, Schawab only gave me 25%. Now at 28,000 I have steel cords showing on two more tires and the 3rd old tire has a band separating. (shakes at 60 mph) but still trying to get every short changed scammed dollar out of these tires.

Spend Your cash on a better tire...like Yokohama or something don't buy these.
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2013
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio III 1.2 55kW (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
These are the worst tyres I have ever bought, £52 a corner and I have worn them out in 5000 miles, my Continental PC2's lasted me 15k. These Federals are dangerous in the wet even when new with very little grip and in the dry still questionable levels of grip.
0 | - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2012