Federal Formoza FD2

Progressiveness 57%
Federal Formoza FD2

The Federal Formoza FD2 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 24,531 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Federal Formoza FD2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Federal Formoza FD2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Federal Formoza FD2 Reviews

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 Series (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Early days yet but these tyres are performing well so far. Dry grip is good with a decent amount of feedback and plenty of warning at the limit. Grip on wet roads is far better than I thought it would be considering this is a summer tyre. Comfort on all road surfaces is definitely a step up from the very worn Pirellis they replaced. How they will wear over time remains to be seen, but overall these are not bad at all for a budget tyre and I would definitely buy again at the price.
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2009
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (205/55 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
The tire is made in Taiwan with fair price, treadwear 420, Y rating with mud+snow, famous for silence anc comfort. If you are looking for a set of tire which not expensive but with long service life and comfort/silence, FD2 is one of your best choice. However, if you are looking for something sporty, it's not for your dish.
1 | - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2010
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Galaxy (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Superb tyres at an incredible price - almost performing as well as my previous Goodyear Excellence; highly recommended!
1 | - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2011

Latest Federal Formoza FD2 Reviews

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
My car is remapped to approx. 190 bhp, with a good supply of torque to boot. I put these tyres on the front and moved my Verdestein Ultrac Vorti’s to the back as I found I couldn’t get any grip in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a straight line, although they were very confident in cornering, wet or dry.
Usually I would read up on my tyres and go for the better performance oriented tyres on the market- however I now use this car as my daily driver after buying an S2000 so my driving style in the Audi is now mostly relaxed (Although I like to rake a bit in new tyres to see what they’re like ). The Federals were an on the spot purchase at a tyre place near work, needed them to keep me legal and let me away. They were at a fair price for the size. I paid around £78 fitted, whereas I was used to paying around £115-£140 for tyres.
First impressions are they are definitely louder- I had to use the motorway to get to and from the tyre place and it was the first thing I noticed. They feel firm, without offering much feeback- that being said they drive straight and true, unlike Hankook K104/K105's I had in the past where tramlining was a major issue. On spirited cornering I find the tyres feel ‘squishy’ and the car just doesn’t feel like it wants to go the direction I am steering it. I put this down to a weak sidewall.
They It is quite hard to find the limits, as they are not progressive enough- it’s a case of corner hard, grip, then moderately amusing understeer, with no in-between feedback or indication that understeer is approaching. One thing I will say is that they grip quite well in a straight line, I would say on par with more expensive tyres I have had.
That said, although the tyres don’t feel as ‘grippy’ or confidence inspiring to what I’m used to, they do actually perform quite well for everyday use, they brake well, handle ok, comfortable to slightly firm feel. So if you are looking a tyre for an everyday driver at a reasonable price and you aren’t a maniac behind the wheel, these are the ticket. I have scored them for what range they fall into and tried not to compare to tyres that are £50 dearer. Considering the price I would definitely buy these again.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XJ6 (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Tyres looked really good but they will not grip when going around any corner, the traction control keeps coming on, when I put the front tyres on the rear the traction control problem disappeared! I do not know how they wear as I have only done a couple of thousand miles but they are useless on the rears.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 auto (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
No comments left
0 | - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Comparing with Continenetal SP3, FD2 feels very soft and comfort. Very low noise and steering is lighter. In curves not slippy but feel soft and bendable. I would not recommend to sporty driving but to town and highways feels comfoftable.
1 | - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2013
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback 3.0L (215/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 31 easy going miles
Not a sports tyre in any way, but having very acceptable handling and grip including wet.

BUT …………..

whilst the ride quality is good, the road noise is awful and shows a very marked difference between different road surfaces. Great with a newly surfaced road with fine tarmac, the drive is almost silent BUT here in Northlands that isn’t 90% of the roads! In my Subaru Outback 3.0L the noise is terrible...... I wont be buying these tyres again just because of the noise!
-1 | - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2012