Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL

The Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 122 tyre reviews averaging 55% over 1,213,447 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 46th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL Review

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (235/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
There tires are really bad. They came on my car when I bought it, they had about 1000 miles on them at the time. Dry traction is okay. Wet traction is scary. Never tried them in snow. They are also the very loud. I thought I had wheel bearings going out at speed. During tight slow turns in a parking lot I thought my LSD was growling. Now that I have new tires I can actually hear the exhaust note (stock exhaust). Lane changes on rutted roads can be a nasty experience too. The car would snap in and out of the ruts throwing the car latterly. I don't know that I will ever look at a tire with the "V" pattern tread the same way again. Stay away from these tires. If they are your only option in stock, order something else wait patiently for them to come in and then be glad you did. They wear pretty slowly, but I am counting that as a con because it means you will be stuck with these awful tires for even longer.
29 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2016

Latest Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL Reviews

Have you driven on the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SS595 SUPER STEEL.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
My car, a 2000 Mercedes Benz SLK 230came with these tires. Staggered fitment with a wider aspect on the rear.
Overall very pleased, i rear them as a aummer tire, as i live in a desert area. Plenty hot, and dusty. Top down every chance, so road noise is negligible. I trust these tires, they give good feedback, with a little twitch. Hot summer road temps help with a sticky feel to the road.
Always buy the best tires you can afford. And don't expect more than what you pay for. For me these tires will drive.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2018
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 182 (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Good ratio price/quality. I bought them as I knew they are quite soft, so they didn't last that long, but I'm used to this. Great dry grip, especially when they were new (I had some good starts at street racing, better then with T1R's). Don't have good feeling on the wet (especially when there is a lot of water on the road), but I could easily drive on highway with 130kph on rain.
Definitely will buy again. For me, they are the perfect compromise between semi-slicks and street tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
29 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2016
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall corsa sri (205/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Pretty woeful.
Put these on my old 1.4 corsa and even the mighty 80bhp was too much for these tyres. They would happily spin up in the dry let alone the wet.
Even had some oversteer on a wet roundabout a couple of times, and this was hardly even pushing them. Worse thing was it wasn't even progressive, would just let go out of no where.
Quickly changed to yoko's spec 2's. Awesome tyre in comparison.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2016
Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (185/55 R14 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Reading the reviews, I really wonder how people *test* their tires.

My ride is an Alfa Romeo Sprint QV with the 1.7 engine. It is a classic as well as a coupe, so use is for track days, historic rallies and minimal daily rides.

As a daily ride, the tire is perfect. It gets noisy on the highway but only at a specific speed, which is totally fine. On the rain, I was afraid at first because of the reviews. My car park has an enormous slippery hill to climb each time I drive out, and with heavy rain the tire, whilst still cold, works fine.

As a rally tire on tarmac, it is PHENOMENAL. The car finished on the Acropolis Rally after 1000ks of twists, turns, speed, on gravel and roads. It performed like a charm. You don't believe me? Here http://www.autodelta.info/#!Passion-for-Race/czjb/57583e190cf24c9615a526e8

As a track tire, it disappointed me. It doesn't warm up quickly enough, and turns seem flimsy. Still, I dropped my times. But yes, it is not a real tire for track. Still, enough for fun - they do drift.

As an overall tire, for the price, are you kidding me? It is perfect, and will soon be fitted on a Lancia of the same period too. It just makes sense.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2016