Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL

The Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 123 tyre reviews averaging 55% over 1,213,457 miles driven.

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 46th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL Review

Given 43% while driving a BMW M3 (235/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
There tires are really bad. They came on my car when I bought it, they had about 1000 miles on them at the time. Dry traction is okay. Wet traction is scary. Never tried them in snow. They are also the very loud. I thought I had wheel bearings going out at speed. During tight slow turns in a parking lot I thought my LSD was growling. Now that I have new tires I can actually hear the exhaust note (stock exhaust). Lane changes on rutted roads can be a nasty experience too. The car would snap in and out of the ruts throwing the car latterly. I don't know that I will ever look at a tire with the "V" pattern tread the same way again. Stay away from these tires. If they are your only option in stock, order something else wait patiently for them to come in and then be glad you did. They wear pretty slowly, but I am counting that as a con because it means you will be stuck with these awful tires for even longer.
35 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2016

Latest Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL Reviews

Have you driven on the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SS595 SUPER STEEL.

Given 47% while driving a Nissan 350z (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 10 spirited miles
OMG!! Never buy these crap tires!! I bought a used 350z with these on them and in the year since I have owned the car these tires have gotten louder and louder. They vibrate SO bad that I literally can't hear my engine anymore. I have all the plastic pieces in my interior being vibrated loose. Never owned a set of tires that were this bad. The vibration issue is SO bad, that it really doesn't matter about any other factors of handling or wet road grip, etc.. Just say NO to these tires!!
1 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
My car, a 2000 Mercedes Benz SLK 230came with these tires. Staggered fitment with a wider aspect on the rear.
Overall very pleased, i rear them as a aummer tire, as i live in a desert area. Plenty hot, and dusty. Top down every chance, so road noise is negligible. I trust these tires, they give good feedback, with a little twitch. Hot summer road temps help with a sticky feel to the road.
Always buy the best tires you can afford. And don't expect more than what you pay for. For me these tires will drive.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2018
Given 69% while driving a Renault Clio 182 (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Good ratio price/quality. I bought them as I knew they are quite soft, so they didn't last that long, but I'm used to this. Great dry grip, especially when they were new (I had some good starts at street racing, better then with T1R's). Don't have good feeling on the wet (especially when there is a lot of water on the road), but I could easily drive on highway with 130kph on rain.
Definitely will buy again. For me, they are the perfect compromise between semi-slicks and street tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2018
35 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2016
Given 29% while driving a Vauxhall corsa sri (205/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Pretty woeful.
Put these on my old 1.4 corsa and even the mighty 80bhp was too much for these tyres. They would happily spin up in the dry let alone the wet.
Even had some oversteer on a wet roundabout a couple of times, and this was hardly even pushing them. Worse thing was it wasn't even progressive, would just let go out of no where.
Quickly changed to yoko's spec 2's. Awesome tyre in comparison.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2016