Firestone RoadHawk

The Firestone RoadHawk is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Firestone Roadhawk targets mainstream motorists who drive all types of journeys – urban, highway, commute, school run, shopping – on a daily basis. These drivers want a tyre that gives them long-lasting performance in road conditions where wet weather, heavy traffic, sudden braking and motorway speed are all part of the daily mix. In short, a tyre they can always count on.

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 43,850 miles driven.

Reports

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 3rd of 47 tyres

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 4th of 16 tyres

• Positive - A very balanced tyre, very good in the wet
  • Negative - None mentioned

2018 New and Worn Summer Tyre Test - 8th of 17 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Firestone RoadHawk

Questions and Answers for the Firestone RoadHawk

2017-04-24 - Are Firestone Roadhawk tyres Directional as regard fitting, or can they be fitted any way, ie inside out etc.

The Firestone RoadHawk is an asymmetric tyre so can be fitted in either direction, just make sure the "outside" is on the outside of the wheel.

2017-08-14 - I will be needing new tyres in approx. 6 months and wondered if the Firestone Roadhawk is due to be tested this year. It appears to be in my price range, and seems better than most at that price point. I just wondered if anything conclusive has been printed??

All the summer tests of 2017 have been published now, but if you read our launch report there are some figures from TUV which shows the Firestone RoadHawk performing favourably.

2017-08-17 - These firestone tyres have not been tested against a 'good ' tyre such as the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. They have been compared with lesser tyres I believe. And they don't seem to be available with 95 rating only 99 or XL rating. Which I am not looking for as my car has quite hard suspension anyway. Would you think the Hankook tyres would be a better purchase?

I would argue the Uniroyal RainSport 3, Fulda EcoControl HP, Kleber Dynaxer HP3 and Nexen N Blue Plus TUV tested the RoadHawk against, which is covered in the RoadHawk launch report, are good tyres for the sector. Unfortunately I've seen no benchmark for comfort so can't comment on which option will be more comfortable.

2017-09-05 - What is the thread depth of the Firestone Roadhawk 195/65/15 please?

I believe the starting tread depth of the Firestone RoadHawk is a little over 7mm.

2018-06-20 - is the roadhawk 94w run flat tyre?

As far as I'm aware there is no runflat version of the RoadHawk currently.

Top Firestone RoadHawk Review

Given 61% while driving a SEAT ALhambra TDi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Purchased Two front tyres @ Halfords as they where cheap for a mid to premium tyre and had £20 Argos voucher attached.
When I checked tyre tread depth found only 7mm middle and 6.5mm outer edge.
Never had a new tyre under 8mm before, alway 8 to 10mm.
May be that's why there cheap!
Will contact Firestone to see why.
407 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2017

Latest Firestone RoadHawk Reviews

Have you driven on the Firestone RoadHawk tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the RoadHawk.

Given 45% while driving a Alfa Romeo GTV (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have these on the front of my alfa gtv 2.0 ,Bit of a mixed bag to be honest feel very grippy in the dry but I dont think they do much for the handling at all have had them push out in the dry on corners and
they seem to cause the front of the car to bounce around. The bigest surprise was the loss of traction in the wet in a straight line , the gtv is no rocket ship but they wheel spin in the wet when the t spark engine hits the power band not good at all, they are being put on the back of the car and replaced with somthing that is a lot firmer
0 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2018
Given 72% while driving a Nissan 200sx (205/50 R17) on mostly town for 200 average miles
I have recently fitted these tyres to the rear of my car (RWD). So far they have been a comfortable, grippy tyre in the wet and dry, although I have not found its limit yet. The downsides I have found with this tyre are that they don't come with a rim protector, which added to the overall look of the tyre. As a result, the sidewall looks a bit thinner than it is. The sidewall is also very soft, to the touch and to look at. The tyre constantly looks under-inflated when in fact it is not.
And finally the biggest downside - as mentioned by other posters - the tyre only comes with a tread depth of ~6mm when new. This is less than any other new tyre I have bought.
Overall, a good performing, reasonably prices tyre, although there are better out there for the same price.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2018
Given 94% while driving a SEAT Leon (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
For this price tyres are really good. Excellent dry grip. I recenty bought them and didnt drive at wet condition. Looks like there is less than 8mm of tyre when bought new.They are produced in new Bridgestone factory in Hungary.
They have much better grip then 3,5 years old Michelins, that I had before. On other car I drive new Nokian Line, and this tyre feels the same at road. Sidewall looks a little bit softer when touched then expected. I would allways recommend Continental if you have money, but if budget is too low this tyre does the same job.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2018
Given 52% while driving a Vauxhall Astra H 1.8 Estate (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 2,200 spirited miles
Just an update on my tyres after a trip to Cornwall, my overall advice is don't put these on the front of the car, the deflection ( bulge ) is too great this is a straight line tyre it does not like sweeping bends at all. It is a very comfy tyre its good in the wet its good in the dry but only at low speeds do not push this tyre it cant take it. Even my partner has commented are they low on pressure, they are on eco pressures at the mo 36psi and they still look low the sidewall just pushes outwards they are weak. The other tyres I have used are of a stiffer side wall and hold themselves on bends and I am not concerned but these on moderate fast roads are a nightmare on the front.
cheers
2 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Vauxhall Astra H 1.8 Estate (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Tuff Tyre to review, its a very soft tyre compared to others very soft sidewall I am on 36psi on the front to decrease tyre deflection should be 31psi in summer and its still a sponge, dry cornering is noisy because of the tyre flexing straight line is fine also its a very comfy ride. In the wet its brill coz its a soft tyre and is not a worry at all. One thing because this tyre is not sold outside of the UK there are is no information on the sidewall apart from size and speed and load there is no maxx cold psi at all they are not obligated to put any information on the side wall. I spoke to Firestone and they said if you need to know anything about the psi loading you have to phone them to calculate axle weight load rate for them to tell you what air pressure you can inflate the tyre to and they will not tell you treadwear at all..I know its pants.

I will not buy this tyre again because i like to read the information I require from the sidewall, and not have to contact the manufacturer.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2018