Firestone RoadHawk

The Firestone RoadHawk is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Firestone Roadhawk targets mainstream motorists who drive all types of journeys – urban, highway, commute, school run, shopping – on a daily basis. These drivers want a tyre that gives them long-lasting performance in road conditions where wet weather, heavy traffic, sudden braking and motorway speed are all part of the daily mix. In short, a tyre they can always count on.

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 13,000 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Firestone RoadHawk
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Firestone RoadHawk

Questions and Answers for the Firestone RoadHawk

2017-04-24 - Are Firestone Roadhawk tyres Directional as regard fitting, or can they be fitted any way, ie inside out etc.

The Firestone RoadHawk is an asymmetric tyre so can be fitted in either direction, just make sure the "outside" is on the outside of the wheel.

2017-08-14 - I will be needing new tyres in approx. 6 months and wondered if the Firestone Roadhawk is due to be tested this year. It appears to be in my price range, and seems better than most at that price point. I just wondered if anything conclusive has been printed??

All the summer tests of 2017 have been published now, but if you read our launch report there are some figures from TUV which shows the Firestone RoadHawk performing favourably.

2017-08-17 - These firestone tyres have not been tested against a 'good ' tyre such as the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. They have been compared with lesser tyres I believe. And they don't seem to be available with 95 rating only 99 or XL rating. Which I am not looking for as my car has quite hard suspension anyway. Would you think the Hankook tyres would be a better purchase?

I would argue the Uniroyal RainSport 3, Fulda EcoControl HP, Kleber Dynaxer HP3 and Nexen N Blue Plus TUV tested the RoadHawk against, which is covered in the RoadHawk launch report, are good tyres for the sector. Unfortunately I've seen no benchmark for comfort so can't comment on which option will be more comfortable.

Top Firestone RoadHawk Review

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT ALhambra TDi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Purchased Two front tyres @ Halfords as they where cheap for a mid to premium tyre and had £20 Argos voucher attached.
When I checked tyre tread depth found only 7mm middle and 6.5mm outer edge.
Never had a new tyre under 8mm before, alway 8 to 10mm.
May be that's why there cheap!
Will contact Firestone to see why.
80 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2017

Latest Firestone RoadHawk Reviews

Have you driven on the Firestone RoadHawk tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the RoadHawk.

Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDi quattro sport (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
This is the first time I have put anything on my car other than Michelin however I am deeply impressed, they handle very well in dry and wet conditions, I have also experienced heavily water laden roads where these tyres performed as I would of hoped - I would not hesitate in purchasing these tyres again.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2017
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT 1.6 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Really nice tyres on the golf. Switched from the original goodyears to these and they're just as good, but much cheaper. They're made by Bridgestone.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2017
When I checked tyre tread depth found only 7mm middle and 6.5mm outer edge.
Never had a new tyre under 8mm before, alway 8 to 10mm.
May be that's why there cheap!
Will contact Firestone to see why.
80 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2017