Firestone TZ200

Firestone TZ200 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 71% while driving a Peugeot 106 (195/45 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I can’t really comment fairly on how these compared to my last set of tyres as I also changed wheels at the same time, however I have to say they are pretty good for their reasonable price. My dad’s new Focus came with Contisportcontact 2 and I have to say, in terms of dry grip, there isn’t much in it, and considering the Firestones are around £20 a corner cheaper, that’s a good result. Furthermore, they seem to be wearing extremely well, so I’d imagine they’re a tyre that lasts a good amount of time. I also haven’t noticed much of an increase in noise as they wear which is a plus, considering I drive quite spiritedly. Although, my Peugeot 106 only weighs about as much as a small paper bag so that must also contribute to the good wear.

What I didn’t like was the lack of road feedback compared to other tyres and they also appear to have a fairly soft sidewall. However, they are quite predictable at the limit and give very progressive breakaway.

I don’t think I would buy these tyres again as you can get better road feedback and similar levels of grip for a similar amount of money with other brands, but I have to say these are not a bad purchase if you’re not bothered about the lack of feedback.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (205/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
They're already 7 years old, only some 50 000 kilometers with them and they're almos new. I don't own a very powerful car, but on the corners I have no stress even if they're on 15". Very good grip on the wet. The fuel consumption raised a bit from some 195 65 15 Winter Michelins.
Not very noisy, but the tyre finishing is not the very best though - lots of rubber residue.

Very happy with them, and if I wasn't looking for 17s, I would consider to buy those again.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2017
Given 79% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/60 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 20 easy going miles
Much better than Michelin Energy XV1 put by factory.
Good grip in all weather conditions and driving situations (city, mountain road and highway).
Its side it's a bit soft so the steering is not so immediate, but 0.3 bars more can solve the problem (on my Corolla).
It's a bit noisy on highway, from 110 km/h, more or less.
Noticeable reduction of fuel consumption.
Overall, I am quite satisfied.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2016
Given 74% while driving a Subaru Legacy GT B twin turbo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I wasn't expecting amazing things with these tyres but they turned out to be surprisingly good. Fitted to my Twin-Turbo Subaru Legacy, I have never lost grip or traction even in extremely wet conditions. Not sure how much of this is down to the 4wd system and how much to the tyres but they felt no different from the Yokohamas I had previously which cost twice the price.

They haven't lasted more than 25000km's but the roads in NZ eat tyres, especially the unsealed mountain/rural roads
0 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2016
Given 64% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 12,000 easy going miles
Had two new ones fitted to front had to replace them after 12000 miles.One made in Poland down to wear indicators .The Spanish made one still about 4mm of tread left.Wear pattern on both tyres similar.Rather strange??
0 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2012
Given 74% while driving a Ford Fiesta (185/55 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Very good dry grip, can feel the car starting to lose grip if going round a roundabout a bit on the keen side in the wet. Got 20k miles out of a front pair, worn down to 2.5mm before changing on my mk5 fiesta. Impressed with the Firestones, just replaced with TZ300a's.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2011
Given 47% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 22,000 easy going miles
Not a good tyre especially towards the end of its life on the front of a 1.8 Ford C Max. The tyres became unpredictable and jittery at all speed ranges to the point of becoming scary and I don't drive hard. The tyres gave 22000 miles mainly urban and I kept them to about 3 mil. I am so glad to see the back of them and hope the replacements will give a more relaxed and secure driving experience. I would never drive on a TZ200 again by choice.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2011
Given 76% while driving a Vauxhall Nova (185/55 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Very good dry grip replaced a set of Yoko's with these as they were cheap, very surprised at the dry weather grip. Would buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2011
Given 81% while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 24,000 average miles
Reasonable grip in the dry, average on cold wet roads, but excellent wear. Got about 24,000 miles out af a front set.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2011