Firestone TZ300

Show all: Firestone tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Firestone TZ300 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 214,929 miles driven.

Firestone TZ300

76%

70%

Tyre Test Results:

Firestone TZ300 Reviews

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Opel insignia (225-45-17-)
Have it on Opel Insignia. Good tyre in a dry condition but in wet and rain is really bad. Braking catastrofic, be very carefull. A little bit noisy but confortable. M.
tyre reviewed on July 10, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 JTD (195-60-15-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2013
Looking to buy the Firestone TZ300? Click here to search for the best price for the Firestone TZ300 or any other tyre.

Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Coupe 2.0L (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Just replaced my old Michelin tyres for these on my Hyundai Coupe. The tyres or good, not brilliant but just good. I find cornering is ok, although when pushed they can be slightly unpredictable when compared to my last tyres. There was a big noticeable difference here. My main criticism is straight line speed where they become quite didgety and to be honest quite scary. Steering goes very light over 85mph, and this is not down to my suspension set up as the previous tyres didn't do this. Overall a comfort tyre rather than a sport tyre but thats what they are being marketed as. I might change them over next year back to Micheline or Vredestein tyres if i keep the car.
tyre reviewed on January 14, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (195-50-15-V)
Very good overall tyre, Very good dry grip as well as in the wet, only loses grip in the wet when really pushed.

Not bad for road feedback but in my opinion not as good as previous Kuhmos

Wear is good though, done 10k on them so far and only about half worn
tyre reviewed on October 2, 2012
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (205-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 16,000 easy going miles
not sure what most of the categories mean when trying to mark the tyres but just want to add my feelings regarding wear .... mine have lasted only 16,000 and im no Nigel Mansel !

Just wondered if I should have gone back to Firestone and report this meager mileage ?
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2012
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (205-60-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Marks given are relative to the OE Dunlop tyres that have been on the car since new. I was never really comfortable with the OE Dunlop 2000's but I migrated to the Dunlop 200's to keep consistency with a view to exchanging after 3 years. As it turned out, we kept the car so when the time came I looked for something better. I used this site to cross reference good reviews vs what the local garages were stocking and I picked the Firestones. Well, they are soooo much better. I live in Scotland so it is all twisty-turny A-Roads with the odd down-pour to deal with. Firestones ace the Dunlops in every respect. They make driving the car fun. And when my other mode of transport is a 1200cc motorbike, that's high praise indeed.
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2011
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Renault 19 (185-60-14-H)
Good tyre in the dry and average in the wet.
In summer days when the tarmac is hot the tyres are very noisy and start to loose grip which leads to understeer in sharp corners or roundabouts.
The front ones are wearing even but a little faster than expected.
tyre reviewed on August 29, 2011
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD mjet (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18,000 spirited miles
Alfa 156 2.4 20v. With it's very heavy engine (and my "keen" driving probably) it's incredibly hard on front tyres. T1Rs did about 12k, Sportrac 3 managed 10k (!). I tried the Firestones through needing something a bit longer lasting, expecting to have to compromise on grip. Nope!

Really really good tyres for the price. Quiet, good firm sidewalls so positive handling when pushing on, almost as good in the wet as in the dry and have managed 18k on the fronts! The rears have loads in em yet.

I've just decided to put another pair on as I can't find anything to suggest another similar priced tyre would be any better.

One caveat - they're not that good in the snow due to the channelled tread design. There are no blocks to "bite in". The Toyo T1Rs I had were superb in snow, if not so hot the rest of the time....
tyre reviewed on July 6, 2011
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra (185-65-15-R)
Driving on a combination of roads for 129 average miles
2003 Astra fitted with Firehawk from new. I'm not a speed merchant but usually 80 + on good roads. Replaced front tyres at 45,000 with equivalent Firestone in 2006! Replaced all round at 87,317 miles with TZ300 88H in Feb 09! now replacing front again at 129,000! can anyone beat that? Poor road surfaces now make more road noise.
tyre reviewed on May 13, 2011
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Puma 1.7 (225-45-17-)
Good tyre to start with, have these fitted to my 1.7 Puma but they are not wearing well. Not even done 20,000 miles. Yes I dont hang around, I dont wheel spin though! Other tyres have lasted much longer. If you dont mind changing tryes sooner rather than later then for the price they arent a bad option.
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2011

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: