Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO

Show all: Firestone tyres, Passenger Car Winter Touring tyres
The Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 42,930 miles driven.

Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO

83%

82%

77%

Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318 (195-65-15-)
I bought those tires back in 2010. This will be their 4th winter and I am extremely pleased. My review is for the 195/65/15. I am from Bulgaria and here we have good winters. However, I put the winter tyres when the temperatures are indeed low so I save them the warm days. On wet you will experience a little bit of lagging and a bit understear. However, on snow and sluggish roads they perform very well. They have strong boards and this keeps them from malforming. The wear is great. Placed 5 on progressivness since I don't drive them at the limit.
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
A very balanced tyre and very good for her price. The only thing that don't like at them is the wet grip...I lose the confidence with this tyres when the road is wet, but in the rest all the things are ok. Life time is very good also and please take into consideration that I use this tyres in Romania where the roads are not good at all...
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2013
Looking to buy the Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO? Click here to search for the best price for the Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO or any other tyre.

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C5 (215-55-16-H)
I fitted these to a set of spare wheels at the start of November and havce since covered around 6,000 miles.
They tyres are much quieter than I was expecting from a winter tyre, cirtually no increase in noise over my summer Michelin Primacy HPs - which are very quiet.
Ride quality is very good, they smooth out bumps better than I was expecting.
Dry grip is ok, though if temperatures are around 10degrees and over the tyres seem to grip less than in colder conditions - to be expected for winter tyres.
Wet grip is superb, I really push the car through bends and the grip is very very good and progressive when the grip runs out.
Snow driving is much improved over the summer tyres, though not quite as good an improvement as I was hoping for. Still a good investment and they do provide increased grip when pulling away and braking in snowy conditions.
Ice, well what tyre will grip on ice, there is no difference between these and my summer tyres when the roads are just sheet ice.
The are wearing well, despite my spirited driving they are wearing quite evenly and still look quite new.
I would definitely recommend them, My other options were Dunlops winter tyre and Pirelli Sottozero though these were a cheaper option and they have proved to be good tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 10, 2012
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors ceed (205-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Excellent balance between quality and price !
Drove them this winter on ice, snow and dry roads without any problems.

They are not noisy, with good grip and wear.
Fuel consumption was just a bit higher but yes it was winter.
Good Firestone tire !
tyre reviewed on April 25, 2011
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225-45-17-V)
Driving on track for 3,230 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 14, 2011
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 200 average miles
2 EVO are silent (Im driving skoda octavia), stable on wet and dry.
I wait for snow to try on it.
tyre reviewed on October 23, 2010

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: