Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO

Progressiveness 66%
Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO

The Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Firestone Winterhawk 2

This tyre has been replaced by the Firestone Winterhawk 3

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 52,940 miles driven.

185/55 R15 £40.98 - £54.60 (6 prices) Compare Prices >>
195/65 R15 £31.58 - £63.50 (13 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/55 R16 £44.68 - £80.42 (16 prices) Compare Prices >>
215/55 R16 £60.02 - £106.94 (12 prices) Compare Prices >>

Firestone Winterhawk 2 EVO Reviews

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Punto Mk2b Sporting 1.4 (185/55 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 10 average miles
Good tires performing well on snow, but i wont buy them again the tires are pretty unexpecteble on wet and rainy roads. I get wheelspin starts when i try to accelerate quikly on damp roads. My continental sport contact 3 tire's are performing better on wet dampy roads.
The wear of the tires is verry good the last a long time!
tyre reviewed on January 3, 2016
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Worst winter tyre's ever, i crash on the mountains road in italy, i hit a small part with black snow ( snow with sand) amd my rear start to spun-off, but the funny fact is that i regain the control ofr 2 sec and i hit agin snow and i crashed in the rock. Buy another snow tyre.
tyre reviewed on June 5, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318 (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 7,500 average miles
I bought those tires back in 2010. This will be their 4th winter and I am extremely pleased. My review is for the 195/65/15. I am from Bulgaria and here we have good winters. However, I put the winter tyres when the temperatures are indeed low so I save them the warm days. On wet you will experience a little bit of lagging and a bit understear. However, on snow and sluggish roads they perform very well. They have strong boards and this keeps them from malforming. The wear is great. Placed 5 on progressivness since I don't drive them at the limit.
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
A very balanced tyre and very good for her price. The only thing that don't like at them is the wet grip...I lose the confidence with this tyres when the road is wet, but in the rest all the things are ok. Life time is very good also and please take into consideration that I use this tyres in Romania where the roads are not good at all...
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2013
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C5 (215/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I fitted these to a set of spare wheels at the start of November and havce since covered around 6,000 miles.
They tyres are much quieter than I was expecting from a winter tyre, cirtually no increase in noise over my summer Michelin Primacy HPs - which are very quiet.
Ride quality is very good, they smooth out bumps better than I was expecting.
Dry grip is ok, though if temperatures are around 10degrees and over the tyres seem to grip less than in colder conditions - to be expected for winter tyres.
Wet grip is superb, I really push the car through bends and the grip is very very good and progressive when the grip runs out.
Snow driving is much improved over the summer tyres, though not quite as good an improvement as I was hoping for. Still a good investment and they do provide increased grip when pulling away and braking in snowy conditions.
Ice, well what tyre will grip on ice, there is no difference between these and my summer tyres when the roads are just sheet ice.
The are wearing well, despite my spirited driving they are wearing quite evenly and still look quite new.
I would definitely recommend them, My other options were Dunlops winter tyre and Pirelli Sottozero though these were a cheaper option and they have proved to be good tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 10, 2012
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors ceed (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Excellent balance between quality and price !
Drove them this winter on ice, snow and dry roads without any problems.

They are not noisy, with good grip and wear.
Fuel consumption was just a bit higher but yes it was winter.
Good Firestone tire !
tyre reviewed on April 25, 2011
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225/45 R17 V) on track for 3,230 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 14, 2011
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 200 average miles
2 EVO are silent (Im driving skoda octavia), stable on wet and dry.
I wait for snow to try on it.
tyre reviewed on October 23, 2010